+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Paladin tank build

Soulwalker

Default Paladin tank build

I have recently decided to start playing the game again. I am currently level 45 and im running a 42 paladin / 13 warlord / 5 reaver ... I want a Paladin build as i do not like the mechanics of the VK regardless of it being the better "Meta" build right now. Can anyone help me out?

Rift Disciple

For end game raids currently, regardless of class (warrior, rogue, mage, etc), as a main tank you must be a full 61pt build. You have no options there, as if tanks don't take the 61pt legendary, they get one shot by bosses. Offsouls have a little wiggle room depending on class; but typically for paladin you will go 15vk 0rb if you want to maximize mitigation. (Due to legendary abilities that come levels 66+)

For where a 61pt tank is not required, you have lots of options. These are just a few.

Heal tank: 42 paladin, 18warchanter, 16lib (or any combo you want thereof with paly>40)

DPS Tank: 41warlord, 32-35paladin, 0-2champ (you will struggle with threat, but it's doable, and does not require a shield to block [combat veteran talent]. The 2 champ is at higher levels with legendary abilities and rotation changes)

DPS Tank mk2: 40paladin, 36champion. (sacrifice a major mit cd in favor of a constant 10-20% mit, depending on what other players are running... as mark of exclusion can be overwritten).

Soulwalker

actualy pally since rework is better than vk imo more defence cds a full heal and now has a aoe pull

Soulwalker

Default Light's Rapture?

I'm reading the preset description and tips. Says to use Light's Rapture for group heals yet I don't see it anywhere on Paladin's abilities or skill tree....

Quote Originally Posted by Darkbat069 View Post
    I'm reading the preset description and tips. Says to use Light's Rapture for group heals yet I don't see it anywhere on Paladin's abilities or skill tree....
    It got removed a little while ago (I wanna say 3.7?)

Found it ~ http://forums.riftgame.com/general-d...ml#post5235208
    Last edited by Maltie; 02-06-2018 at 02:29 PM.
    Nixia@Greybriar

Soulwalker

Just ignore this.
    Last edited by Grunlok; 02-28-2018 at 07:02 PM. Reason: Oops

+ Reply to Thread