+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By Jotunn
  • 1 Post By Waseem2k
  • 1 Post By Jotunn
  • 1 Post By Artak

Thread: Warrior Power Issues

Default Warrior Power Issues

I find myself not able to get abilities to go off because i'm just over 20 power but just under the power requirement to use an ability. This makes most specs extremely clunky to play. Might be perfectly fine for those that have the eternal boots but those that haven't been lucky have to suffer.

I don't expect the Eternal to change again but at the very least increase the threshold to 25% or even 30%. Would make it a lot more bearable.

UPDATE: Deep Breaths often causes our power to jump between 20 and 0 a few times before going back to full. Mainly caused by Deep Breaths giving us a negative regen.
    Last edited by Waseem2k; 10-29-2017 at 05:11 AM.
    Rompalstomp - Raid Lead / Warrior Lead "Nefarious"

Rift Master

Imo the proc triggering and power regen is way worse than it was before the change. And by the looks of things and the last live stream i wouldn't hold my breath for any decent changes to warriors, be it soul or weapon wise to happen any time soon.

For some reason (technical or otherwise) the power generation reduction that comes with the weapon was done as a flat number substraction on top of generation, instead of changing it by a certain percentage. And when the increase generation from the weapon's proc happens, the gain and reduction seem to desync (or perhaps they always have been just isn't that noticable outside of proc). It also seems that the increased regen multiplies the flat reduction and thus we get the jo-jo effect.

The end result is an extra clunckyness added to already very cluncky class. Now we don't only have to still spam oGCD abilities to get the proc going faster, but we also get the jo-jo effect when we finally triger the proc forcing us to wait while our abilities get greyed out and then transition back to enabled.

Sadly, these problems are only half ot the whole warrior issue with eternal weapon.
    Last edited by Jotunn; 10-29-2017 at 05:16 AM.

I don't expect changes any time soon but more warriors are going to quit if this doesn't get addressed soon. I've already had a few quit or change to a different class. Warrior in it's current state is not enjoyable and changes need to happen.
    Rompalstomp - Raid Lead / Warrior Lead "Nefarious"

Rift Master

Agreed, for me warrior isn't really enjoyable in much anymore either. But i just don't see it getting adressed soon enough. Especially since pretty much each of our souls would need adjustments and we all know that takes a loooot of time and effort. There's no quick fix here.

Rift Master

Unfortunately fixing existing classes doesn't appeal to the devs financially. I mean just look at mages getting Mystic Archer just so they can sell it when they already had a soul desperately in need of a revamp in Dominator. I mean I understand they're probably hurting for cash the way the game and consequently it's community has been run down in the past few years but still.

warrior is the new cleric

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by clautodor View Post
    warrior is the new cleric
    Not even close. The only thing saving cleric is the suped up eternal weapon which is the only thing that needs to adjust for warrior really. Take both away and you will see how really "bad" the cleric is. Rogue and Mage are at least decently designed but rogue is still the best class in Rift. Cleric is forever broken unless the eternal weapon proc is built into the class for life.
    Last edited by Flashmemory; 11-30-2017 at 05:07 AM.

I'm very new to playing the warrior class and wanted to understand what goes into the power stat as there is nothing that pops up when hovering over it (where ST effects AP and PC).

At level 46 my power is at 100 and I'm still extremely squishy.

Quote Originally Posted by Jamalji View Post
    I'm very new to playing the warrior class and wanted to understand what goes into the power stat as there is nothing that pops up when hovering over it (where ST effects AP and PC).

At level 46 my power is at 100 and I'm still extremely squishy.
    Nothing affects power except some talents (does Warrior have any? Rogue/Tactician does).

Your power store is 100. This power is also not directly related to how quickly you die.

Rift Disciple

The only thing in the game, to my knowledge, that allows a warrior to actively increase their power supply is via end game Eternal Boots, Hellion's Stompers. These increase your power supply cap by an additional 100.

The Eternal Weapon reduces your power regen
    Warchanters Deep Breath's reduces your power regen.
    Riftblade, Champion, Liberator, and some masteries all have passives that net you some power return under X condition(s) (Such as gaining 4 power back on a critical hit)
    Other souls have talents/perks/buffs that reduce the power cost of abilities under Y condition, or with Z buff/perk. (Such as Paragon's Turn The Blade, Warlord's Ready Posture, etc)

Outside of such things, the power stat is static. It has a fixed number (100), and a fixed regen rate; and it's only function is as a consumable to activate your abilities, much in the same way that casters use Mana to cast their spells. - Ergo if an ability costs 25 power to use, and you only have 18 power at that moment, you cannot use that ability at that moment.

+ Reply to Thread