+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Jotunn

Thread: PLEASE Reaver DPS

Soulwalker

Default PLEASE Reaver DPS

I stuck with my Reaver build in hopes that you would bring the DPS in line with the other top-end DPS spec's. Watching Primalist, Mage and Rouge out DPS me all the time. Any chance Keyens????

DST
    Telaran

Reaver is a very fun soul (also love that Dire Corruption sound effect) but it's at the low end of DPS spectrum. It's not likely going to be bolstered any time soon. If you want to do competitive DPS, I would recommend Tempest or Overlord (Champion + Warlord hybrid) or Warlord. I am usually just under the top Rogues for DPS as Overlord.

Overlord is currently the strongest for sustained single-target (perfect for Golems & Minis) but for fights with break-ups (TD bosses) the DPS plummets. Tempest is more viable there.

Paragon is allegedly stronger thanks to the Eternal Weapon change but from my own observations it's still not nearly as strong as Tempest or Overlord.

I encourage you to switch to viable DPS builds in the meantime and hopefully this helps.

Rift Master

Reaver if properly played isn't really on the low end, more like in the middle, but that's compared to other warrior specs and not other classes. We're pretty much at the bottom these days.

From the tests i've done our specs fall somehow like this:

WL (13 Wc) >~ Overlord (with follow up proc) > Overlord > Tempest > Reaver > Paragon >> RB

All the specs that are above Tempest have no disconnects and 5m center-center range, which makes them very situational and not playable everywhere.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Jotunn View Post
    Reaver if properly played isn't really on the low end, more like in the middle, but that's compared to other warrior specs and not other classes. We're pretty much at the bottom these days.

From the tests i've done our specs fall somehow like this:

WL (13 Wc) >~ Overlord (with follow up proc) > Overlord > Tempest > Reaver > Paragon >> RB

All the specs that are above Tempest have no disconnects and 5m center-center range, which makes them very situational and not playable everywhere.
    OK, now that the cat's definitely out of the bag, could someone please post a *proper* 13WC spec/breakdown? I've been doing a lot of experimenting and I'm around 550k dps on the dummy with around 6k cp (can't remember how much ap) and final purple stage eternal wep (need 16 TDez's to get to blue). Granted, that's on a dummy and I don't have a second stand tall target - I haven't tried this for realsies in a raid environment, yet. And warrior is an alt for me, although I try to min-max every spec I play.

Also, fwiw, I'm not pointing the finger at anyone for "letting the cat out of the bag" (esp you, Jotunn, you've always been helpful) ... I found out about this because I heard "rumors" in chat and when I approached certain warriors they refused to say anything, stating, "It'll get nerfed, go play Tempest". Well, guess what? I went to PT and they uploaded parses and I started working from their breakdowns to figure out what to do, but again, I don't have the time or desire to min-max when there are much better warriors than me.

Point being: it's pretty ironic that some folks act so elitist and refuse to share, then upload parses to brag about their DPS and have Keyens notice things like ManaWrench Lock and WC Warlord and other "hidden" specs.

Balancing isn't coming any time soon, why not just post these specs anyway for everyone to use? Yes, we all miss the days of responsive devs, but I also miss the day when people were willing to share builds.

Rift Master

Testing the WL (13Wc) spec on dummy is a bit tricky. Quick Death beeing available all the time under 60% and you needing another friendly target with you for Stand Tall!. You can do a rough estimate solo with doubling the dmg of Stand and Deliver! With last stage eternal and good gear it should then be around 1mil+ dps on lvl 72 dummy, give or take, depending on your gear.

Overall there's no that much to it, keeping Stand Tall! up on 2 friendlies and paying attention that its buggy aply mechanic doesn't leave one target without it. Keep up PB and BB debuffs and just try to maximize Stand and Deliver! and Quick Death procs. Here you have a bit of leaway depending on situation since SnD is back after 2 GCDs so you can either use two finishers and Arterial Strike inbetween them or some other combination of builder/finisher.

Honestly haven't given it that much thought at trying to optimize it's dps considering how cluncky its playstile is for me. Hope this helps a bit.

Telaran

That helps, I'm on the right track.

Which level 65 mastery do you use? PV or PM?

Use PM and pretty much what Jotunn said, SnD every 3rd GCD always after a finisher. I generally go SnD > Builder > Finisher > SnD > Builder > Finisher But any combination would work fine as long as SnD follows a finisher.
    Rompalstomp - Raid Lead / Warrior Lead "Nefarious"

Telaran

OK, I realize there's a thread below this one on power starving ... but this is ridiculous.

I don't know if something changed and maybe it'll be different with an eternal, but I power starve within 5 GCDs.

Charge + Breaking Blow + SnD + Seasoned Strike + AQD (if up) + Punishing and then I'm out of power.

Deep Breaths is obviously the culprit ... but what the heck? Is this typical or does it change once you have a blue eternal?

edit: ok, very weird. sometimes when I buff up and hit Deep Breaths my energy goes up quickly (with eternal proc). sometimes it doesn't, even if I'm idle for 5 minutes (so the proc should be back up). Is this a bug?
    Last edited by spago; 11-02-2017 at 09:31 PM.

Due to the bug where Deep Breaths drains our energy instead of just reducing the regen. The drain part seems to double up when your energy gets under 20. Because of that you will often see your energy bounce between 20 and 0 a bunch of times. This is a huge issue for any spec that uses Deep Breaths. Nothing we can do till Trion fixes it and that may not happen for a long time.
    Last edited by Waseem2k; 11-03-2017 at 03:40 AM.
    Rompalstomp - Raid Lead / Warrior Lead "Nefarious"

Rift Master

It's not only limited to Deep Breaths, but it works that way in general. Imo the "bug" would be the implementation of the power reduction eternal weapon brings.

It is however more noticable while having Deep Breaths on because you autostarve for one, and because when you finally get to the point of triggering the increased regen you're already close or at 0 power becuase of the active reduction. The jo-jo effect will happen in any spec where you manage to starve yourself closer to 0 power instead of just going under 25.

+ Reply to Thread