+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Righteous Defender no block??

Soulwalker

Default Righteous Defender no block??

So I'm a lvl 22 warrior using the Righteous Defender preset. (paladin/void Knight) and I just got some planar gear that gives me a total of 25 block, but my stats say 0 block?? Wth? Am I missing something b/c that build is based around blocking lol. I'm wondering if I have to use a shield to enable block?? Using 2handed sword atm. I'm like, ok I'm playing a tank whose build and abilities are based on block and I have ZERO lol. Any help and suggestions greatly appreciated.

PS I checked my abilities both active and passive and there seems to be nothing there that specifically enables block

Quote Originally Posted by RockNSoul View Post
    So I'm a lvl 22 warrior using the Righteous Defender preset. (paladin/void Knight) and I just got some planar gear that gives me a total of 25 block, but my stats say 0 block?? Wth? Am I missing something b/c that build is based around blocking lol. I'm wondering if I have to use a shield to enable block?? Using 2handed sword atm. I'm like, ok I'm playing a tank whose build and abilities are based on block and I have ZERO lol. Any help and suggestions greatly appreciated.

PS I checked my abilities both active and passive and there seems to be nothing there that specifically enables block
    You need a shield or you can do 11 warlord that lets you block w/o a shield but id suggest 12 warlord for battlefield medic if you were going to run the no shield spec.

Soulwalker

Tyvm appreciate the info. I'm running the Righteous Defender preset atm which will eventually be 61 Paladin/15 Void Knight. Perhaps at some point I'll try different builds. It's very unclear in this game that you have to have a shield to enable block. Maybe Trion could fix that easily

Been tanking since beta and back in the day it would give you a warning that you couldn't use 90% of your abilities without a shield when in paladin or VK. That has since been removed although I don't remember when. You won't have any block chance without one equiped unless you go into warlord to get the ability to block with a 2h.

Stacking tons of black was the go to back in vanilla, but with the introduction of guard and massive hits that tanks have been taking in raids it's a pretty useless stat along with dodge since they 're both %chance whereas guard is static and up at all times so it's always taken before the other two. Most raid encounters are also magic which can't be blocked.

(70) Holyroller | (70) Kelten | (70) Irohh | (70) Hoehenheim | (70)Avattar@Deepwood

+ Reply to Thread