+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Difficult time surviving as a level 68 Warlord in Ashenfell

Soulwalker

Default Difficult time surviving as a level 68 Warlord in Ashenfell

Hey, Guys, figured this might be the best place to get an answer. Lately as I have been clearing each new questing area of Celestial Lands I've been having an increasingly difficult time surviving as my Warlord with my partner who also plays one. It is getting to the point that we are struggling with the fire squirrels of Ashenfell and having to run when pulling more than one enemy. Here is my character https://steamuserimages-a.akamaihd.n...51FE4D44FFD75/ I realized upon looking today that she appears to have a lot of hit for a build that might not require much of that stat at all. Still, she has been upgraded with quest gear for the most part and that is all I have been able to find. The rotation seems sound, healing with Chains of Life and Battlefield Medic once made me seem invincible, but now it just isn't enough. Not even with the two of us together.

Is there a better solo class for warrior that I could be playing ? If not, what can I do to improve my survival rate and deal more damage. Ashenfell is really kicking our tail.

You're doing 70 content at level 68. Everything will hit you like a truck until you hit 70. I assume that you've been leveling without exp pots? Either way, you probably will not be able to pull big packs in ashenfell AT ALL until 70.
    *Fancy signature graphics followed by fancy looking Fonts with all the colors*
    BISCULTS@WOLFSBANE, GRAYSKULL Warrior lead and life coach

"I'll give YOU a punishing blow" - DarkDaemon 2016
    "If you're close to a guy, its a ok to do a little touching" - DarkDaemon 2017

Shadowlander

^ incorrect

http://forums.riftgame.com/game-disc...ragon-pvp.html

I've used this leveling a 2nd warrior 1-66 and it's fully viable while leveling. It's also about 75?% ranged so no worries if you can't get in melee.

Enjoy farming everything and anything in Ashenfell/VP and surviving with a 2 button spam. Also competitive dps in SPE's, WF's, RR's, NMR's (you can easily solo stages 1-100+ NMR6's in this spec) etc.

I'm almost fully geared from irotp and nmTD and still swap to this spec for any questing because you wont die and in raid gear can burst over 3mil, instantly 1-2 shotting all rares. My personal best is 6.1mil burst but i stacked my buffs for it.

(Don't forget to toggle Sweeping Blades for any aoe. You'll heal for less with it on, but do insane aoe. Can even take on those groups of Neutral zombies in ashenfell where there's 10+ mobs)

Enjoy
    Last edited by HavagudwunSeeyuh; 09-29-2017 at 03:54 PM.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by HavagudwunSeeyuh View Post
    ^ incorrect

http://forums.riftgame.com/game-disc...ragon-pvp.html

I've used this leveling a 2nd warrior 1-66 and it's fully viable while leveling. It's also about 75?% ranged so no worries if you can't get in melee.

Enjoy farming everything and anything in Ashenfell/VP and surviving with a 2 button spam. Also competitive dps in SPE's, WF's, RR's, NMR's (you can easily solo stages 1-100+ NMR6's in this spec) etc.

I'm almost fully geared from irotp and nmTD and still swap to this spec for any questing because you wont die and in raid gear can burst over 3mil, instantly 1-2 shotting all rares. My personal best is 6.1mil burst but i stacked my buffs for it.

(Don't forget to toggle Sweeping Blades for any aoe. You'll heal for less with it on, but do insane aoe. Can even take on those groups of Neutral zombies in ashenfell where there's 10+ mobs)

Enjoy

Seems great! May I ask what weapon type is suggested for this build ? I'm currently using a double handed sword but would be find spending the money if sword and board is more appropriate.

Shadowlander

Use 2h for the rest of the game, basically.
    (I have the eternal 1h and a conqueror upgraded 1h and it's lower than 2h dps)

The passive talent the guide refers to for block mitigation allows you to block with a 2h.

Paragon does less dps than tempest, thats why you never seeing anyone play paragon in raids. Theres MULTIPLE specs above tempest, but tempest has 35m range. If you're gonna tell me I'm wrong, stop using one button specs first.

I mentioned "pulling packs". It looks like you're playing some form of overlord, with warlord and champion. This is likely the highest st spec in the game for warrior, if you do have the proper overlord spec. It's also damn close to full champ as far as aoe, so I don't see why that spec is not working for you anyways. Maybe check with the forum overlord guides, and compare to your spec
    Last edited by Biscuitsyum; 09-29-2017 at 11:47 PM.
    *Fancy signature graphics followed by fancy looking Fonts with all the colors*
    BISCULTS@WOLFSBANE, GRAYSKULL Warrior lead and life coach

"I'll give YOU a punishing blow" - DarkDaemon 2016
    "If you're close to a guy, its a ok to do a little touching" - DarkDaemon 2017

Shadowlander

You're trying to compare epeens on raid specs while he's looking for survivability? I said I was almost fully geared from the current tiers and i swap to this for questing, and you assume I raid with it? ha

"is there a better solo class for warrior that I could be playing ? If not, what can I do to improve my survival rate and deal more damage. Ashenfell is really kicking our tail."

This paragon spec will not die unless you do something stupid. Yes, every warrior dps soul is better than paragon in a raid environment right now. I didn't say it was good in raids if you read what I listed it for.

He can survive pretty much anything and finish leveling with paragon, then at 70 farm everything that tempest or overlord can't handle solo because of the survivability against multiple mobs with a CD you're waiting on. Yes tempest will also 1 shot everything for higher burst. But then SO is on CD, and you wont 1 shot the rares or elites. Yes overlord/warlord/champ will pull higher numbers, but it wont have the mitigation or self heals and after you pull a few packs, you'll need a drink.

Try the spec before ya knock it, it literally handles anything outside of raids by itself with no downtime, 1-70.

Rift Master

Well, the first question I have is why don't you have any points in survivability? I don't see any liberator abilities, I don't see power variation, all I see is a bunch of damage. That's fine for a DPS role in groups but for soloing you really should put some points into stuff that helps you live longer...

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by bri bates View Post
    Well, the first question I have is why don't you have any points in survivability? I don't see any liberator abilities, I don't see power variation, all I see is a bunch of damage. That's fine for a DPS role in groups but for soloing you really should put some points into stuff that helps you live longer...
    Well, I don't own the liberator soul to begin with. Just vanilla souls. Also, until now I have been auto-leveling Overlord and seeing how things go. I'm still somewhat new and intimidated by custom soul trees which is why I have chosen to ask here. After trying the build recommended by HavagudwunSeeyuh I was really impressed with the damage output and how much damage I now do, but think I will still need to be careful until I find proper gear and reach 70.

Here is a video of me testing it out. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EJwo70iBdaA

Shadowlander

Throw Sprint on your bar for a lot more mobility, and to be able to kite or evade a fight if needed. You only have to be in melee every 6 secs to apply Retaliation if you're getting hit. While leveling, the increased run speed up-time cuts the time to grind by a good margin.

Also putting that 1 button macro on 2-3 buttons helps cut down on finger cramps, haha

+ Reply to Thread