+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Warrior Soul tweak/buff suggestion thread

Riftblade-Blade of the Ascended
    Remove the 2 points of power reduction for finishers.
    Reduce or remove the Riftblade damage reduction from 30%.
    Ghar Station
    Ghar Station Discord
    Mistakes Were Made - Guild
    New to rift? Get free stuff! Go here: http://bit.ly/2jvhGTg Or enter this: CEYE39PQRW2GP79FENQ9

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by Hepatits View Post
    Riftblade-Blade of the Ascended
    Remove the 2 points of power reduction for finishers.
    Reduce or remove the Riftblade damage reduction from 30%.
    The skill tooltip is wrong. It increases the damage by 30% (the german tooltip states this, but not the english one ), wich is only mentioned in the buff tooltip and you can see the increase on your attacks:

Frostrike (with all blade buffs except "Blade of the Ascended") = 50009 to 51020
    Frostrike (with all blade buffs) = 63648 to 64934

Removing the costreduce would at least help a bit, removing the talent "Surging Energy" (chance of a cost reduction) would help aswell.

edit: Avatar of Rift reduces the cost of Elemental Builders, this could be removed aswell^^
    Last edited by Hendrikdawin; 09-17-2017 at 08:16 AM.

Telaran

Straight up removing the cost reducers would neuter the spec for anything sub max level with the eternal, as in the early game in can starve itself out just fine. That's why it was given the cost reducers in the first place. (They didn't use to exist, and even in raid with fervor + VoJ they could -still- starve themselves; that's why they were added).

A quick and dirty "fix", that is by no means perfect, would be to take a high end ability, like Burst Synergy, and strap it's cost up to 75-80 power. Sure it's tied behind a 30sec cd so you couldn't have maximum uptime on the eternal bonus, but you'd still have 2/3rds uptime, and tied in to your biggest hits which is where you want it most anyways.

Telaran

or maybe change the silly eternal weapon buff to something else? maybe a use skill instead of a proc, or something that's not based on resource management that either makes sure you can't use that spec while mentored, or that you have to force some stupid stuff in order to actually get your power depleted...

I agree RagingT, but I don't foresee them changing it to emulate any of the others. It would sure be nice though. Maybe make it fire off finishers? IDK.
    Ghar Station
    Ghar Station Discord
    Mistakes Were Made - Guild
    New to rift? Get free stuff! Go here: http://bit.ly/2jvhGTg Or enter this: CEYE39PQRW2GP79FENQ9

Soulwalker

Default Beastmaster's Soulgift

I find it really weird that Beastmaster only gets +0.5% dps and +2% pet dps per point in the soul. You can compare this to Archon's +1% dps or Bard's +0.75% dps, +0.5% heals, and +0.5% hp.
    Maybe next time they redesign the soul, they could make the soulgift reasonable. Either less of a dps penalty, a healing bonus, or an hp bonus would be nice.

Quote Originally Posted by Hendrikdawin View Post
    The skill tooltip is wrong. It increases the damage by 30% (the german tooltip states this, but not the english one ), wich is only mentioned in the buff tooltip and you can see the increase on your attacks:

Frostrike (with all blade buffs except "Blade of the Ascended") = 50009 to 51020
    Frostrike (with all blade buffs) = 63648 to 64934

Removing the costreduce would at least help a bit, removing the talent "Surging Energy" (chance of a cost reduction) would help aswell.

edit: Avatar of Rift reduces the cost of Elemental Builders, this could be removed aswell^^
    As others have mentioned, it's kind of silly to start neutering cost reductions in a friggin' skill tree to accommodate a single weapon in the game that's bound to be superseded over time. When we start balancing specs around a single weapon, stuff is getting silly. Instead you modify the weapon effect, or *gasp* offer a diversionary path to said weapon quest for dual wielders such as the RB.

Imagine altering energy reducers, and autoattack procs (however ho-hum) and other things in a class skill tree all in an effort to make one item work better. That's not the proper way to do things.

Of course it tends to take an eternity for new or divergent weapon quests to present themselves, hence people trying to find ways to alter soul tree fundamentals to make them fit the effect of a piece of equipment.

No, if they're going to start modifying class effects (see some of the original posts in this thread for some interesting suggestions to bring Warrior specs back from the dead) you do it for longer term viability with various equipment in mind, not one piece of gear.

Let's be reasonable.

Rift Master

Quote Originally Posted by Burnlogic View Post
    As others have mentioned, it's kind of silly to start neutering cost reductions in a friggin' skill tree to accommodate a single weapon in the game that's bound to be superseded over time. When we start balancing specs around a single weapon, stuff is getting silly. Instead you modify the weapon effect, or *gasp* offer a diversionary path to said weapon quest for dual wielders such as the RB.
    Specs are/have been already ballanced around eternal weapons since the begining of this expansion. And are continuing to be so. So why shouldn't energy regeneration be looked at as well, just like damage is (for all classes). It was tweaked from time to time in the past too.

Also considering weapons are beeing pushed out of drops and other sources in favor of only keeping Eternal Weapons, i doubt they will just vanish one day. Especially since that would mean a lot of work rebalancing all the classes back again.

I would expect the procs to maybe be tweaked here and there and kept on even if a new expansion comes some time in the (distant) future. Maybe reduced back to lower % numbers when that happens but i doubt they would change much more than that. Simply because as i said, it would require too much work.

Imagine altering energy reducers, and autoattack procs (however ho-hum) and other things in a class skill tree all in an effort to make one item work better. That's not the proper way to do things.
    Well, sadly "the proper way to do things" is long gone. There is no interest in devoting resources and time for that anymore. And that is more than obvious with a quick glance at class ballance and bugs in them and other connected problems.

Just for warriors as an example: Trion could have implemented power regeneration buffs and reducers to be auto blocked (or toggled) by passive skill when weapon is equipped, but they havent done anything of that kind. And that is just one example out of many.

No, if they're going to start modifying class effects (see some of the original posts in this thread for some interesting suggestions to bring Warrior specs back from the dead) you do it for longer term viability with various equipment in mind, not one piece of gear.
    Sadly the reality is, the quickest and easistes fix that will do will be it. And it was said that systems are developped seperately and not with eachother in mind (classes, itemization, encounters/instances, ...) Hence the mess of the trinket procs and eternal weapon procs to just name a few.

So while developing the souls with long term viability with itemizations and encounters in mind would be great, i just don't see it beeing done anymore. And i know i'm repeating myself, but this type of overwork just takes too much time and resources to pull off, none of which Trion has anymore.

Also it was already said we will be getting new souls for each class that will be released one by one. So expect even less work on the old ones till that is finished, unless something drastically breaks.

As a disclaimer, this is just my personal view of how things stand and i completely understand not all will agree with it .

And as the last thing, what kinda irks me is that there has been a simplification of specs in progress for a long time now. A lot of the viable specs require 1-2 buttons nowdays to deal decent damage. Sure the top ones might need a few extra buttons. But when it comes to warriors, this just doesn't apply. (Don't get me wrong, i like those types of specs over the borring 1-2 button ones, but i'm sure i'm in the minority)

Our top two specs (Overlord and Tempest) require about 8+ buttons for their proper rotations. And that is not counting the insane oGCD ability spam needed to get drained for the weapon proc. Which alone creates a lot of macro lag and delays by itself.

The only 1-2 button specs we have is BM and WL variant. Both of which perform so badly compared to other classes it's not even funny.
    Last edited by Jotunn; 09-23-2017 at 12:48 AM.

Haven't been playing Rift for months so and no idea on the weapon too.

But guessing from the posts in this thread the weapon only proc's when your power is low.

Instead of changing every soul just for one weapon, which I completely disagree with as it breaks the souls for past and future content plus people with without the weapon.

Just simply add a secondary stat to the weapon, like so:

Increases the cost of abilities by x%

Which fixes all your problem in one change, I would imagine.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2