+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Champion Question

Soulwalker

Default Champion Question

So I'm using a 61 champ / 13 para / 2 warlord build on my warrior and I'm sitting here wondering how talents like Teaching of the Five Rings in paragon affect finishers with Destroyers Bearing active.

I don't have the means nor the know how to see how my finishers are affected as I use what most would call a potato. I would really appreciate this being answered as I have not seen anything answering this on the forums that I haven't somehow glanced over. I enjoy warrior even in it's current state and champion has been one of my favorite specs to use since I started playing.

Rift Master

Soul gifts and passive talents fall into the same "passive" category and are additive with each other (Legendaries and Masteries are usualy in a seperate one from this, even if passive). Active buffs like Destroyers Bearing is in a different "active" category and is additive with all other self active buffs you might have. Those two categories between themselves are multiplicative.

This means that the Paragon's talent you mentioned will end up giving you quite a bit less than 10% at 5 points, because of all the other things inside it's buff group. On the other hand active buffs will usually give you (almost) full described buff.

Destroyers Bearing should give you an attack point as specified after you use a finisher and should have nothing to do with the Teaching of the Five Rings. Did you perhaps mean some other Bearing buff?

Soulwalker

I am referring to the Destroyer's Bearing buff, maybe the wording of both the buff and the talent is what is confusing me.

Destroyer's Bearing with three points into Intensive Training make it guaranteed to grant an attack point when a finisher consumes three attack points. Teaching of the Five Rings gives a 10% damage bonus to attacks that generate attack points. The wording of "grants an attack point" is on all the builders so I would think that a finisher that grants an attack point due to Destroyer's Bearing should be affected by Teaching of the Five Rings and other talents and abilities that cause the same effect.

Maybe its just the bearing buff that generates the attack point itself and not the finisher itself, but the wording of the bearing buff says that the ability has the chance to grant an attack point not that you have a chance to gain an attack point after an ability consumes three attack points. This is why I'm asking because it's worded in such a way that it should be affected but I have no way of checking due to my low specs, I crash on entering a capital let alone being able to use addons.

Rift Master

Ah, I see what you mean now. Misunderstood a bit earlier. From what I can tell Destroyer's Bearing just gives you an attack point and is not influenced by talents like the one in Paragon.

Soulwalker

Ah ok that's what I thought but I had no way of checking. Thank you for the response I'll probably end up changing around my spec now because of that.

+ Reply to Thread