+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Burnlogic

Thread: Warrior QoL changes

Rift Master

Default Warrior QoL changes

There are a couple of things that come to mind that would make warriors "life" a bit easier. Have posted these on Discord but might as well post them here I guess.
    • Some sort of toggle to be imune to buffs like Living Energy and Bard's / Oracle's equivalents. It should also provide imunity to the raid energy cds like Verse of Joy and Oracle's equivalent. I know you can put cancelbuff comands in your macros, but you would literally need it on every single button to try and make it effective.
    • Change the AoE abilities range to the mobs hitbox instead of it's center. A lof of fights already and in upcomming TD normal where cleaving is needed leave the warriors at a disadvantage since we can not hit them (granted for a few proper positioning of mobs can help). At the moment we only have two viable dps specs, the main one beeing Overlord which can not hit mobs properly if it's distanced more than 10m away from their center.
    • And as suggested on Discord as well, like the previous change, charges getting the same treatment would prevent some silly deaths and make them more viable as gap closers.

While the first QoLsuggestion is warrior specific because of the Eternal weapon, the other two would benefit all classes if implemented.

I wouldn't mind seeing a "close-quarters bonus" for any melee spec, triggered when fighting within 5-10m using melee-designated abilities.

Sure, it's an age old cliché in just about any MMO: It's easier/less risky to play a ranged class than a melee class (when mobs are being tanked). Less disconnects, less enemy effects to avoid, easier target swap/set up, so on and so forth.

Maybe I'm just thinking of our Warrior situation right now. I've returned to the game since mid-May after leaving 4 years ago at Storm Legion end raid game. I'm 70 now and doing the content.

Let's be honest: if you want to fit in, if you want to be effective in the vast majority of high pressure fights, you are a ranged Warrior. You are a Tempest, as it were.

I'm not one of these rigid "To get a true feel for the Warrior you need to play a melee spec!" type of people, I do enjoy our ranged options, but I'm slightly irritated that I've been funneled into a ranged spec.

Sure, sure, Warlord and Champ build variations can hit the numbers, but again, let's take a step back and look at the panorama of all fights and conditions and be completely honest about the situation: We're incentivized to play a ranged spec in so many cases for absolute effectiveness and livability.

Hence my suggestion for a "close-quarters bonus" for melee ability-focused specs. Need that role-played? Okay. When you're close enough to smell the sweat and fetid aura of your foes, your senses and battle frenzy become heightened by proximity to danger.

Whatever; just an idea. Wouldn't have to be a large bonus. Something to reward the riskier gameplay that is the melee class in Rift. I'm simply contemplating the overall encounters/mechanics of the game as it stands.

Plus, it would be a simple 'global' way to adjust damage potential without meticulous re-balancing of Riftblade, Paragon, Warlord and Champ variations.
    Last edited by Burnlogic; 07-11-2017 at 05:32 PM. Reason: spelling.

Quote Originally Posted by Burnlogic View Post
    I wouldn't mind seeing a "close-quarters bonus" for any melee spec, triggered when fighting within 5-10m using melee-designated abilities.

Sure, it's an age old cliché in just about any MMO: It's easier/less risky to play a ranged class than a melee class (when mobs are being tanked). Less disconnects, less enemy effects to avoid, easier target swap/set up, so on and so forth.

Maybe I'm just thinking of our Warrior situation right now. I've returned to the game since mid-May after leaving 4 years ago at Storm Legion end raid game. I'm 70 now and doing the content.

Let's be honest: if you want to fit in, if you want to be effective in the vast majority of high pressure fights, you are a ranged Warrior. You are a Tempest, as it were.

I'm not one of these rigid "To get a true feel for the Warrior you need to play a melee spec!" type of people, I do enjoy our ranged options, but I'm slightly irritated that I've been funneled into a ranged spec.

Sure, sure, Warlord and Champ build variations can hit the numbers, but again, let's take a step back and look at the panorama of all fights and conditions and be completely honest about the situation: We're incentivized to play a ranged spec in so many cases for absolute effectiveness and livability.

Hence my suggestion for a "close-quarters bonus" for melee ability-focused specs. Need that role-played? Okay. When you're close enough to smell the sweat and fetid aura of your foes, your senses and battle frenzy become heightened by proximity to danger.

Whatever; just an idea. Wouldn't have to be a large bonus. Something to reward the riskier gameplay that is the melee class in Rift. I'm simply contemplating the overall encounters/mechanics of the game as it stands.

Plus, it would be a simple 'global' way to adjust damage potential without meticulous re-balancing of Riftblade, Paragon, Warlord and Champ variations.
    Im all for buffs to melee dps but what fights currently are forcing you to range dps? 2 of the bosses in the highest level raid currently are typically stacked on in melee range.

If you're talking about encounters in IRotP, I haven't partaken yet.
    Ran it a zillion times back in the day.

From a raider's perspective, it was a real bummer to return to the game after 4 years to see that the development team had simply recycled the exact raid environment/encounters I was playing over 4 years ago, scaled the bosses/mechanics up, slapped a new loot table on it, and called it 'new raid content' to grind.

Bit of a turn-off, frankly.
    I guess I felt like protesting the weak rehash strategy.

I'll cave in and start running it soon.

+ Reply to Thread