+ Reply to Thread

Thread: A Thread of Dumb Questions

Rift Disciple

Default A Thread of Dumb Questions

So I'm levelling a warrior from 50, and just slowly going through old zones questing in a lazy Warlord (I think) spec. Not really having issues with speed or damage output, nor with survivability. But I feel like the class is a bit clunky, and I'm sure it's my own inexperience.

I'm using a two-handed sword so the animation is sweeping and kind of slow. Does having auto-attack enabled play an extra swinging animation which slows down how many abilities I can cast? Said differently, will I have more dps with auto-attack disabled?

Is there a way to see if my follow-up attack is ready to be used? Like a kalert? Sometimes I will see I have a combo point (attack point) and spam my follow-up and it will do nothing.

Is there a best weapon type for animations? The global cooldown seems to be generous enough that this shouldn't be an issue, but I'm still curious.

That's all I can think of for right now. Just basic mechanics of the class feel a little odd to me at this point. Thanks!

Shadowlander

As far as being clunky, that's kinda how the leveling build for warlord/overlord is in my experience. Great survivability and passive cleave tho.
    Perhaps try reaver, tempest, or paragon build and see how that goes.

With 2h, the animation and the actual dmg done have always been out of sync but the dmg is still happening when the swing is slow. A lot of players choose to dual wield to have a more precise look out on their swing rate:dmg ratio. Multiply your main hand dmg by 1.3 to see if it's the same dmg as the 2h. Some builds require dual wield but most support both. Also, leave auto attack on. It's a dps gain.

As for the follow-up attacks, they can only be used right after a builder attack. Attack points mean nothing there as the finishers are what deal with attack points.

Hope this helped

Telaran

builder, builder, builder, finish (loop) And don't forget your cool downs.

With a warrior (any role) that'll be the case.

Shadowlander

That's not the case with all builds. Each build needs to be played to see the differences of how that concept falls short.

Tempest for example uses 1 channel and 1 finisher in the middle of 9-10 attack points built for their wavelength block. After wavelength there's a spot where a 4th builder comes into play before a finisher. (LT [3 points]+Delayed+Arc)

Warlord/Overlord can get away with the 3B-F concept, but again there's areas where a finisher is used at 1 point. Such is the case with maintaining Punishing Blow's debuff.

There's also a lot of Follow-up abilities that can give 1-2 AP in 1 GCD depending on spec. Those aren't builders and the game doesn't classify them as builders when a builder is needed for another move. (IE: Builder, Follow-up, Follow-up doesn't work)

+ Reply to Thread