+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Warrior or Cleric

Default Warrior or Cleric

Hey guys. I am thinking of coming back to the game casually at the moment. Maybe raid in the future.

I have been gone a while and I was wondering which class to pick. I am looking to raid heal and maybe dps offspec for open world, dungeons, etc

I heard the new warrior healing souls were good but was wondering how they compare to my Clerics Warden spec.

I played Warden in Vanilla rift, and Storm Legion. I also leveled a Primalist and that so far has been a huge mistake. I left for a while and now i am seeking info

Also i heard 4.2 is going ot have the rest of the Primalist souls (crosses fingers) lol any idea when that is supposed to hit. I thought I might have heard August or something, months ago but I might have made that up in my brain.
    Last edited by WildKatt; 05-24-2017 at 11:27 PM.
    Nitelyte | Preserver | Greybriar

Champion

Both of them are viable for raid heals and certainly as a DPS off soul for open world / dungeons. It depends on the raid encounter if a lib or warden is better suited, but overall they are both good and strong healers.

Both are capable of soling quite effectively and the DPS is adequate for open world & dungeons. Clerics lag a bit behind on DPS in general so for raids, warriors may (at the moment) be the better choice.

Cleric tanks are very fun to play and can heal-tank dungeons, which makes them go faster if you have 4 DPS. Not sure about warrior tanks in this expansion but I haven't heard any complaints so I assume they're fine.

Warriors also can drop agro in a couple specs, which can be useful for open world or skipping dungeon trash. Clerics on the other hand have druid with fae extraction, which can be useful for open world when you're a bit undergeared & want to just pull a single mob out of a pile.

tl:dr: both are good choices for what you want to do

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by WildKatt View Post
    Hey guys. I am thinking of coming back to the game casually at the moment. Maybe raid in the future.

I have been gone a while and I was wondering which class to pick. I am looking to raid heal and maybe dps offspec for open world, dungeons, etc

I heard the new warrior healing souls were good but was wondering how they compare to my Clerics Warden spec.

I played Warden in Vanilla rift, and Storm Legion. I also leveled a Primalist and that so far has been a huge mistake. I left for a while and now i am seeking info

Also i heard 4.2 is going ot have the rest of the Primalist souls (crosses fingers) lol any idea when that is supposed to hit. I thought I might have heard August or something, months ago but I might have made that up in my brain.
    Eternal weapons consumes mana which is a direct attack on one of the most resource intensive classes in the game, cleric. So they basically killed off clerics in my opinion until they fix cleric mana issues. Well more than half their souls at least. I would play a mage over cleric, and warrior for aoe healing and shielding with a massive emphasis on shielding because cleric warden is still a bunch of wasted overhealing parses (useless) while shielding will allow your party to even stand in bad and survive for long periods of time. I find 1 sec. gcd the best classes overall and the most fun to play. Sent is great but it gets little use outside of PvP since Frosskeeper is busy being in godmode from since its release date.

Top 2 classes for healing would be mage for ST, warrior for AoE. For damage its obviously primalist with rogue close because they are 1 sec gcd classes. This is also true for PvP. Shielding means a lot more than overhealing numbers..
    Last edited by Aedynn; 05-25-2017 at 01:43 PM.

+ Reply to Thread