+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By FateStayNight
  • 1 Post By Redfoxx
  • 1 Post By Gilgad

Thread: Since our main DPS spec is gutted, can we bring BM up to par?

Default Since our main DPS spec is gutted, can we bring BM up to par?

In order to bring parity between the support specs, can we please make some QoL changes to the way BM works? Even now people don't want to bring them to IROTP, which feels pretty rotten especially since our highest DPS spec received a substantial nerf. I think all supports should be equally valid.

Currently Chon has some really substantial benefits that BM can't compete with, so here are some ideas.

-Make twin cuts a ranged ability. Being unable to apply debuffs in melee unfriendly fights (like the golems) is extremely bad. Especially since twin cuts only has a duration of 35 seconds vs chon's 5 min debuffs. Not only does a BM have to re-up the debuff way more frequently than an archon but we have to do it from melee.

-Give us an equivalent to flaring power's legendary. A minute long raid buff is vastly superior to a 40 or 30 second one.

-Make our pet's damage scale better with the eternal weapon and its procs. Currently the pet's dps isn't very competitive in endgame and doesn't make up the difference for the eternal weapon.

-Give us some form of power drain. a 10% reduction in a boss's damage at IROTP levels is insanely beneficial to a group in a way that two minor survivability buffs on a 5 min CD aren't. Maybe before our survival CDs were nerfed I could understand chons having power drain and us not, but in the game's current state power drain is vastly superior.

I don't want anything taken away from chons, I just want BMs to be on par so that we can do endgame content again. Nobody in the guilds that can kill all the bosses in IROTP want BMs and laugh at the concept of them being in a group. Please consider this since you gutted tempest.

I'd almost rather they adapt Beastmaster into a leveling spec (like ranger and/or necromancer pet specs) and totally revise Tempest into a support spec.

This way none of the support specs suffer from the lack of range like BM does, making them all viable options.

But yes, I realize this is probably too much to ask for at this point- but it would be nice.

Plane Touched

Keyens has already stated he will be doing a "normalization" across support specs to bring them in line with each other. He will be doing this at the same time he creates the primalist support soul to make the creation of that soul more fluid.

So yes this is coming. it's already on the "white board" it just may not be as fast as youre looking for.
    Last edited by Neurotix; 05-17-2017 at 09:25 AM.

Ascendant

Warrior dps specs were far from gutted.
    It's just not on par against primalist (no class is currently on par with primalist dps btw).

I suggest you learn to play the new tempest rotation using legendary lightning torrent.

Read up on overlord which is actually a pretty crazy single target spec and passively cleaves like lulprimalist. Unlike primalist however, you have to stand in melee. Oh you don't like melee? well tough luck and gitgud.

Ofc I guess you can go full Beastmaster. There's also 1 button lib spec that will fit you well.

Enjoy.

Quote Originally Posted by FateStayNight View Post
    It's just not on par against primalist (no class is currently on par with primalist dps btw).

I suggest you learn to play the new tempest rotation using legendary lightning torrent.

Read up on overlord which is actually a pretty crazy single target spec and passively cleaves like lulprimalist. Unlike primalist however, you have to stand in melee. Oh you don't like melee? well tough luck and gitgud.

Ofc I guess you can go full Beastmaster. There's also 1 button lib spec that will fit you well.

Enjoy.
    OK Perhaps you can link the lib spec and new Tempest rotation? Where?

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by thunder 1 View Post
    OK Perhaps you can link the lib spec and new Tempest rotation? Where?
    Ok maybe you can try to read in the "Warrior Guides" section on this very forum.

Ok maybe you can try to read in the "Warrior Guides" section on this very forum.
    I have, every thread. Since the nerfs, everyone has been trying different rotations trying to get close to their previous numbers.

You talked about the "New Tempest rotation" like their was a "go-to" that everyone should know about. Also while I have heard about a 1 button lib, and 1 person has posted a video, he actually refused to post what he uses for macro's and masteries/legendaries.

King of Slackers

Also while I have heard about a 1 button lib, and 1 person has posted a video, he actually refused to post what he uses for macro's and masteries/legendaries.
    My rift videos are gone! (Why they are gone is another story)
    I posted the magelo link in the description:
    https://rift.magelo.com/en/soultree#.../98u/!7m0|___g
    My answer why i don't post the macro was: "Sorry, not sharing the macro because it gimps the community. The spec has much more potential if you play it with a proper skill prio and know when to use cds."
    Keepro - King of Slackers - NewHorizons
    Youtube
    Twitch
    Ghar Station Discord

Quote Originally Posted by keepor View Post
    My rift videos are gone! (Why they are gone is another story)
    I posted the magelo link in the description:
    https://rift.magelo.com/en/soultree#.../98u/!7m0|___g
    My answer why i don't post the macro was: "Sorry, not sharing the macro because it gimps the community. The spec has much more potential if you play it with a proper skill prio and know when to use cds."
    Yes I saw this video and I have to say I was impressed with your raid. and the setup. I also play lib and my best hps is around 135 K on this fight, so I understand what you are saying in the comment you made, but I disagree with your conclusion. For some reason your masteries did not show up on your link, and I had to figure out your legendary skills from the spells you used.

Especially in a progression raid, a simplified setup can help you adjust and lets you learn or relearn mechanics easier if you are not constantly trying to heal perfectly.

What bothers me in general about all the constant changes in specs and nerf -> buff - > nerf -> buff cycle like a yoyo is that we have lost all of our guide writers for the class. I understand thier feelings (why take the time and effort to write a guide, when in the past the guide would be obsolete in a month?) Also there seems to be a tendency to be more secretive in general, so that a spec wont be overused and as a result get hit with the nerf hammer in a few weeks.

Anyways, good luck to you in your future raids.

Thunder

For some reason your masteries did not show up on your link, and I had to figure out your legendary skills from the spells you used.
    The masteries show up after the | in the link and a lot of times | and beyond doesn't get parsed as a link, causing you to get a spec with no masteries.
    R.I.P.

King of Slackers

Red face

Especially in a progression raid, a simplified setup can help you adjust and lets you learn or relearn mechanics easier if you are not constantly trying to heal perfectly.
    Sorry, but i don't know why everybody is saying this is a progression raid? I did not raided RotP in vanilla or tested the current raid on PTS. Most of the "mechanics" can be ignored with shields from rogue or lib healer. Sure they changed the "you need a senti for every boss"... but we still have a shield meta.
    My week 1 live impessions
    Extra Care & First Aid is the way to go for most encounters and propably the key factor for procing the weapon is DB
    Or you tryhard with BB like a very important person said
    Keepro - King of Slackers - NewHorizons
    Youtube
    Twitch
    Ghar Station Discord

Enjoy.
    You don't have to get snooty. I'm suggesting QoL changes to BM to make it as viable as archon, but if you want to attack my skill at playing the game I guess that's "productive"

I wouldn't pay too much attention to what FateStayNight says. He only comes to warrior forums to feel better about his sorry self. Probably thinks everyone has as much time as him to spare to learn and play all specs optimally so he laughs at others.

Quote Originally Posted by Redfoxx View Post
    I wouldn't pay too much attention to what FateStayNight says. He only comes to warrior forums to feel better about his sorry self. Probably thinks everyone has as much time as him to spare to learn and play all specs optimally so he laughs at others.
    He's not wrong though.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Gilgad View Post
    He's not wrong though.
    And Rift is too hard confirmed.

+ Reply to Thread