+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: Tempest extremly op since 4.1

Shadowlander

Default Tempest extremly op since 4.1

Hi,

what I noticed since 4.1 is no matter gear a warrior has tempest do the most damage of all callings. Every TD run if there is a warrior that play tempest, I know he will be #1 in the dps meter, because skyfall is extremly op. Most callings do like 350-450k but warriors do like 650k+ dps (no the burst, I mean sustained). Burst phase: other callings are around 500k and tempest do over 1kk+

Overall they do 50%-100% more dps than other callings and I thought 4.1 would fix this issue

Please adjust the tempest dps so it is on par with the other callings.

Quote Originally Posted by Witchmaster View Post
    Hi,

what I noticed since 4.1 is no matter gear a warrior has tempest do the most damage of all callings. Every TD run if there is a warrior that play tempest, I know he will be #1 in the dps meter, because skyfall is extremly op. Most callings do like 350-450k but warriors do like 650k+ dps (no the burst, I mean sustained). Burst phase: other callings are around 500k and tempest do over 1kk+

Overall they do 50%-100% more dps than other callings and I thought 4.1 would fix this issue

Awesome!, a good, non boring class!..off to make one then. You down with OP? (Yeah you know me) [x3] Who's down with OP!
    Last edited by Questoften; 04-10-2017 at 07:19 AM.
    Truth is Beauty, Beauty Truth..

Shadowlander

Damage mainly comes from wavelength burst for 15 seconds. Now, since you stated sustained only, I suggest you play a warrior and use secondbass rotation if not ask a warrior to only use the rotation and you will see that dps will be quite low. It only seems huge because skyfall cleaves and wavelength with double pulse triggers 3 1 point skyfalls that cleave.

King of Slackers

AT LEAST 100% MORE as you can see here
    Last edited by keepor; 04-07-2017 at 07:10 PM.
    Keepro - King of Slackers - NewHorizons
    #NeverRetweeted #LeastSupported #NeverBeg4Follower
    Social Media Links Not Working
    Sorry, sarcasm falls out of my mouth, like stupidity falls out of yours.

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by keepor View Post
    AT LEAST 100% as you can see here
    Right, but that's using wavelength. If wavelength was out of the picture then dps would be substantially low.

EDIT: wait I thought you were responding to my comment, ignore...... -_______-
    Last edited by Kuick; 04-07-2017 at 04:59 PM.

Shadowlander

AT LEAST 100% as you can see here
    Here your twitch video: https://www.twitch.tv/videos/133454932
    Nice dps between 01:09:00 - 01:19.00 ;)

lol

I don't speak that language but I clearly understood "broken single target" and shortly after it sounds as though "it's worse than Reaver was" is the gist of what's being said.

That clip is a great reply.

Sidenote: all those Skyfall procs is what 100b/Dancing Steel looks like, except they have a target limit. They also don't happen passively with no ST loss in the normal rotation.
    Last edited by Stihl; 04-07-2017 at 05:33 PM.

King of Slackers

Hi,

...Every TD run if there is a warrior that play tempest, I know he will be #1 in the dps meter, because skyfall is extremly op. Most callings do like 350-450k but warriors do like 650k+ dps (no the burst, I mean sustained). Burst phase: other callings are around 500k and tempest do over 1kk+

You talk about raid environment and you link a 2 AM random expert where you can see a slacking full LFR geared tempest against low-mid geared people that propably play old specs? Dat comparison, Sherlock!

too bad my mates had to heal and tank

At least you could have linked the fight before the randoom experts (44 minutes)

Last edited by keepor; 04-07-2017 at 06:43 PM.
    Keepro - King of Slackers - NewHorizons
    #NeverRetweeted #LeastSupported #NeverBeg4Follower
    Social Media Links Not Working
    Sorry, sarcasm falls out of my mouth, like stupidity falls out of yours.

You talk about raid environment and you link a 2 AM random expert where you can see a slacking full LFR geared tempest against low-mid geared people that propably play old specs? Dat comparison, Sherlock!

too bad my mates had to heal and tank
    I mean you're defending Tempest and the guy links your own video where you guys are calling Tempest broken. Sometimes you just gotta say touché.

Shadowlander

Regardless, Tempest will sooner or later be nerfed because the burst is waay too strong, hell it is even stronger than ele/pyro. I honestly hope that the burst gets nerfed and that there will be more consistent good dps rather than using wavelengt to make up for your dps everytime

and that comparision with a Tempest being in full LFR gear in SPE = LOL

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by Semiso View Post
    Regardless, Tempest will sooner or later be nerfed because the burst is waay too strong, hell it is even stronger than ele/pyro. I honestly hope that the burst gets nerfed and that there will be more consistent good dps rather than using wavelengt to make up for your dps everytime

and that comparision with a Tempest being in full LFR gear in SPE = LOL
    I'd be ok with better rotation dps rather than relying on wl all the time. I like the soul but its not fun to basically cast eveyrthing else as a filler and wait for wl to come back up. I get that this is a burst spec and the problem is that it's too wl reliant. I wish 51 tempest was still a thing like back in storm legion. I miss both the 48 and 51 specs.

Harbinger and Assassin come extremely close while Primalist parses higher. An equally geared Assassin should actually beat a Tempest on a 2 minute fight (and both sin and BD will scale extremely well with higher tier eternals). The only calling that's really in the doghouse and can't compete right now is cleric.

Shadowlander

Well I would also accept if specs like mm, pyro and inqui get to their ST rotation passive cleave to unlimited targets. Pyro kinda has passive cleave through legendary fire storm, but nothing like tempest. That cleave is a joke compared to tempest.

All Tempest really needs is a target limit on Skyfall (3 would be probably satisfactory to most people).

Plane Walker

The problem isn't that Tempest is OP or anything, it's that it's very easy to play, so much so that even played wildly incorrectly it will do almost the same dps as perfect play. This is due to wavelength - as long as the player has a proper spam macro for wavelength, they can pretty much just use all their other abils on cd in between each wavelength and still do great dps.

As dark points out, other specs CAN compete with tempest. The reason we're seeing tempest dominance on the meters is because tempest has a huge advantage over most other specs. It has basically no setup for target swapping, free cleave in its st dps, and is ranged to boot. This is on top of the fact that it's relatively easy to hit 85-90% of optimal dps by mashing buttons.

In TD, everything spawns ads and dies so quickly that the best performers are the ones that allow for easy target swaps and passive cleave, which Tempest has in spades.
    Last edited by Boxsmith; 04-09-2017 at 12:07 PM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast