+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: Tempest extremly op since 4.1

Quote Originally Posted by Boxsmith View Post
    it will do almost the same dps as perfect play
    Not quite true. I'd love for someone else to link a 750+ Malannon parse. Being able to do decent DPS with little skill or experience isn't the same as being able to do close to top DPS with little skill.

Tempest is actually fairly complex. I have three different rotations to swap between, and positioning is more important in Tempest than any other spec. Setting up, DoT timing, gauging an enemy's remaining HP and knowing a fight is also more important in Tempest than many other specs.

Overall, Tempest has two or three things going for it that makes it shine in current content - the highest burst over 15-20 seconds in the game, great setup/ability to make use of downtime, and strong passive cleave. The ST damage is not actually over the top. It's just that with boss phases lasting half a minute and adds everywhere, Tempests get their wavelength up for every boss phase and can cleave like crazy.

I've said his before and I'll say it again. Clerics are the only calling that aren't competitive in ST DPS at the moment. Rogues have assassin, BD (both of which will scale like crazy with high tier eternals) and to a lesser extent, Shadeborn. Mages have harbinger and (I think?) Pyro, as well as the best possible support. Primalists have their wonky specs (which also have good cleave and can make really good use of their eternals).
    Last edited by DarkDaemon; 04-09-2017 at 02:47 PM.

Tempest is a little bit over the top for all of its factors. Its literally reaver 2.0 with insane burst.

Quote Originally Posted by Gilgad View Post
    Its literally reaver 2.0.
    • Ranged: ✔
    • Fully mobile: ✔
    • Lossless, passive cleave: ✔+ (this time around it has no target limit)
    • Top tier single target: ✔+ (second highest dps in the game atm)

And Tempest is better at target swapping/dealing with targets that die quickly.

I want to craft a build making a charcter over 9000! (5000 in original). I want to make the scouter explode with awesomeness. I want to tear the boss up, from the floor up. Solo like Freeza hyped up on stimulants having a bad tail day! At least just once.
    Truth is Beauty, Beauty Truth..

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by DarkDaemon View Post
    the highest burst over 15-20 seconds
    You can burst me for 15-20 seconds any time you want
    Quote Originally Posted by Klutch817 View Post
    "I don't like what you're saying, so I'mma get triggered and shame you somehow." ~RIFT Forums, 2016

Could just remove the warrior class altogether.

What about Blade Dancer, seen a rouge doing about 2 million AOE dameg and 700 to 900 single target.
    Last edited by MapleTiger; 04-19-2017 at 10:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MapleTiger View Post
    Could just remove the warrior class altogether.

What about Blade Dancer, seen a rouge doing about 2 million AOE dameg and 700 to 900 single target.
    Well 700k st for a fully geared Bladedancer with a support doing good job I can believe. But not 900k of pure ST. Also 2M in aoe seems a bit high knowing that rogue aoe hits 4 target maximum.
    Also even if those numbers are correct, you need To keep in mind it's a melee spec. (I admit it's particularly easy to play)

For me the issue of tempest being top dps is not necessarily the fact it's easy to play while being best dps.
    It's just that it's the spec in the game that literally have everything, interrupt, ranged, no dps loss on target swap, cleave while keeping equal dps on st, high burst, and 100% mobile.

It's basically a diversity killer because what ever the fight you're in , tempest is best option.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Stihl View Post
    I mean you're defending Tempest and the guy links your own video where you guys are calling Tempest broken. Sometimes you just gotta say touché.
    What we were talking about back then was that the cleave potencial of tempest can be as broken as what a reaver was able to pull of back in nt if ur positioning is good and that it´s st dmg is a bit over the top due to the fact that every passiv trigered skyfall is hitting its target twice.

As a former warrior player i can assure to all of u that maxing out the dmg of tempest is far more than just pressing randomly all my macros as mentioned a bit earlier by DarkDaemon.
    Last edited by Crysaris; 04-20-2017 at 02:27 AM.

Shadowlander

good changes

I guess Rift meter wasn't working correctly in the planner assaults I was in. ......

Quote Originally Posted by MapleTiger View Post
    I guess Rift meter wasn't working correctly in the planner assaults I was in. ......
    If i recall correctly in planar assault you can use the power thing boosting your damages by 25%.

Shadowlander

Default wait wait wait

Tempest is not really NOT TOP DPS in game you just don't know how to play your classes so its looks like tempest is top dps.
    you all more then welcome to run with trinity and see how all the classes there beating tempest.
    but lets face it , it's doesn't metter what spec warr will play if its on top of the chart you will cry ...... remember reaver 4.0? RB after reaver got nerfed? I can bring every spec that warr had and show you how everyone cry about it so grow up.

Quote Originally Posted by ghostlyrider View Post
    Tempest is not really NOT TOP DPS in game you just don't know how to play your classes so its looks like tempest is top dps.
    you all more then welcome to run with trinity and see how all the classes there beating tempest.
    but lets face it , it's doesn't metter what spec warr will play if its on top of the chart you will cry ...... remember reaver 4.0? RB after reaver got nerfed? I can bring every spec that warr had and show you how everyone cry about it so grow up.
    Hi there.

Tempest extremly op since 4.1-imjustbad.jpg

RIFT Guide Writer

Quote Originally Posted by Stihl View Post
    Hi there.
    while I agree that temp is not exactly where it should be, I must say a one min fight is not telling anybody anything in a spec that has such a high burst. not to mention that the parse stopped in the second WL block.

Quote Originally Posted by RePyH View Post
    while I agree that temp is not exactly where it should be, I must say a one min fight is not telling anybody anything in a spec that has such a high burst. not to mention that the parse stopped in the second WL block.
    The parse also stopped in every other person in the raids cooldown second block too. It tells you everything. 1 minute is more then enough to differentiate whats broken and whats not. Tempest is quite clearly and quite obviously broken in so many ways.

Why people care though? Idfk. The most challenging content in this game is a jumping puzzle. People wouldnt even know what a 12 minute fight with dps checks 1 second within enrage of the top players in the game with tank checks, heal checks and hard mechanic checks would be, all while pushing maximum dps to beat enrage.

Players in rift have not experienced an enrage timer in like over 8 months. Its pathetic.
    Last edited by Gilgad; 04-23-2017 at 06:52 AM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast