+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Jotunn

Thread: (Legendary) Shock Pulse Crit Rate

Rift Master

Default (Legendary) Shock Pulse Crit Rate

Today after Hexatel kill, i noticed on the damage breakdown that Shock Pulse's crit rate is way too low, compared to what it should be. In RB you can easily get a few thousand SP procs in a couple of minutes of parsing, so i went to recheck it on the dummy in my dimension. Image link.

(Legendary) Shock Pulse Crit Rate-sptest.jpg

As you can see from the picture my crit chance is 23.66% and in over four thousand hits of Shock Pulse it's crit rate was only 13.12%. Seems there's something going wrong with the crit chance calculations and this skill. And i'm guessing it has to do with the Legendary version of it. I haven't tested the normal version, but we probably would have noticed that in the past before the introduction of Legendary Abilities.

Edit: my guess would be the PvP crit debuff, like it was for RB/IB.
    Last edited by Jotunn; 03-20-2017 at 01:32 AM.

King of Slackers
    Keepro - King of Slackers - NewHorizons
    Youtube
    Twitch
    Ghar Station Discord

Seems to be a common theme with RB and/or RB associated procs. Hope it gets fixed or at least looked at.
    Internet 101 : If anyone disagrees with you, they must be angry that you're right.

I didn't have time to test with a Riftblade build (I got rid of it when it was discovered it was the proc's of LSP and LIB were "broken"), so I used my soloing Warlord build with 1 spec having Legendary Shock Pulse and another with non-Legendary Shock Pulse.

My test consisted of simply spamming Shock Pulse for the times listed in each of the two tests.

As you can see from the screenshot of my Excel data, both regular and Legendary Shock Pulse seem to very close to my listed Critical Chance.

Current assumption, based upon what Orochan mentions, is that it's associated with Riftblade specifically in some manner.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails (Legendary) Shock Pulse Crit Rate-legendary-shock-pulse-1.jpg  
    Dimples Warrior Tank * If she flashes her dimples at you, it may cause pleasurable blindness.
    Dweia Rogue Tank * Nothing seems to express happiness quite as much as purring.
    Laurie Cleric Tank * Life without Love, is like chocolate cake made without sugar.
    The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits. - Unknown

Rift Master

DarkDaemon did some more tests after we talked, and he confirmed the asumption that it was the PvP PA tree causing it again. And from what i recall i see the same low crit % in reaver with SP and when i did some quick tests with almost no soul points in the tallent trees.

@Dimples: out of curiosity, on which dummy did you do these tests? I'm guessing on a debuffed one or in dummy foundry with raid buffs?
    Last edited by Jotunn; 03-26-2017 at 01:41 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jotunn View Post
    DarkDaemon did some more tests after we talked, and he confirmed the asumption that it was the PvP PA tree causing it again. And from what i recall i see the same low crit % in reaver with SP and when i did some quick tests with almost no soul points in the tallent trees.

@Dimples: out of curiosity, on which dummy did you do these tests? I'm guessing on a debuffed one or in dummy foundry with raid buffs?
    I did the test on the Live Server, in Alituu on the Level 70 Simulated Enemy dummy. The one located directly on the left as your exiting Alituu (The one directly to the right of the entrance when looking back into the town of Alituu). I was using dual Expert Swords Saber of Prophecy, so there was no chance of different weapon types being introduced.

I'll perform the same set of tests this evening, but will do this on the PTS, as that'll be the code basis that is most likely to make it on to live for 4.1. But this time I will include using a Mace & Sword, and then also a Sword & Sword combination.

For validating the PvP vs. PvE, I guess initiating a Duel with some one else, then performing the same test might work. I'm unsure though if beating on a dummy while in a duel state that if the game would take the Dummy as a valid PvP target. *shrugs*
    Last edited by Dimples; 03-26-2017 at 03:16 PM.
    Dimples Warrior Tank * If she flashes her dimples at you, it may cause pleasurable blindness.
    Dweia Rogue Tank * Nothing seems to express happiness quite as much as purring.
    Laurie Cleric Tank * Life without Love, is like chocolate cake made without sugar.
    The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits. - Unknown

Rift Master

Quote Originally Posted by Dimples View Post
    For validating the PvP vs. PvE, I guess initiating a Duel with some one else, then performing the same test might work. I'm unsure though if beating on a dummy while in a duel state that if the game would take the Dummy as a valid PvP target. *shrugs*
    What i meant by the PvP PA tree bug, was the one that was happening to Riftbalde's IB/RB skills. There's a talent in the War tree of PA where you lower the attacking player's crit % by 5%/10% if i remember right. Somehow this talent was debuffing the warrior himself for those two skills and is doing the same for Shock Pulse now from what we can tell. It has nothing to do with the PvP state, like in duel or warfronts.

And it seems i misread your chart and mixed up the CP and crit chance %, so i thought you had to be attacking at least a debuffed dummy, my bad.
    Last edited by Jotunn; 03-27-2017 at 01:56 AM.

+ Reply to Thread