+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By arbaal
  • 1 Post By SecondBass
  • 1 Post By Jotunn

Thread: PTS update: Strike Like Iron

Default PTS update: Strike Like Iron

Looks to be 50% now. Wondering if this closes the gap of para dps or allow for some viable hybrid action.
    http://imgur.com/8ovyrIS
    Last edited by arbaal; 03-15-2017 at 09:02 AM.

(we have PTS forums)

https://i.imgur.com/wBeoPH8.jpg
    (maxed at 310k before the change)

Not 100% sure it's optimized but it's now about even with Reaver at #2 (behind Tempest) so that's good. Still a gigantic variance on the soul which is more problematic than's its damage imo.

EDIT: oh and I doubt it'll create much hybrid action as 51 points is deep there aren't any goodies in the 16-25 point range
    Last edited by SecondBass; 03-15-2017 at 04:27 PM.
    The cockroaches won.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kajib View Post
    I hate to brag but am one of those pro warriors who tries to push things to the limit, broken so many records
    4.1 Champion 4.1 Overlord 4.1 Riftblade 4.1 Reaver 4.1 Tempest 4.1 Warpest
    3.7 Beastmaster 3.7 Liberator 3.7 Paladin 3.7 Void Knight

This helps but I can't see para beating tempest with this change alone. I'm not an expert warrior however, so maybe darkdaemon or someone can correct me if I'm wrong.

If para does end up being #1 with this change though, then that's good IMO. Melee should always be ahead of ranged, it's the natural way of things!
    Internet 101 : If anyone disagrees with you, they must be angry that you're right.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Orochan View Post
    This helps but I can't see para beating tempest with this change alone. I'm not an expert warrior however, so maybe darkdaemon or someone can correct me if I'm wrong.

If para does end up being #1 with this change though, then that's good IMO. Melee should always be ahead of ranged, it's the natural way of things!
    Just tested, paragon is still pretty far behind tempest (even with decent alacrity rng). Other than Harbinger nothing can compete with tempest currently on pts.
    Last edited by FateStayNight; 03-15-2017 at 07:02 PM.

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by FateStayNight View Post
    Just tested, paragon is still pretty far behind tempest (even with decent alacrity rng). Other than Harbinger nothing can compete with tempest currently on pts.
    sounds like we should make elementalist great again then.
    Quote Originally Posted by Klutch817 View Post
    "I don't like what you're saying, so I'mma get triggered and shame you somehow." ~RIFT Forums, 2016

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Aayden View Post
    sounds like we should make elementalist great again then.
    Harbinger competes tempest gods just fine, mages will be fine.

It's the other classes that don't have a soul that's comparable in power should be worrying.

Rift Master

Considering the amount of passive self buff % of paragon, this changed probably increases it's dps by around 8%.

Physical damage dealing classes still suffer lower dps vs non-physical because of the armor value on the lvl 70+ mobs/dummy, which turns into almost 23% reduction vs 15% damage reduction (before debuffs).
    Last edited by Jotunn; 03-16-2017 at 01:29 AM.

+ Reply to Thread