+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree14Likes

Thread: Warrior in 4.1, your thoughts?

Soulwalker

Default Warrior in 4.1, your thoughts?

With 4.1 on the imminent horizon, I thought I'd ask a similar question for each class to centralize discussion.

For Warrior:

Where do we go from here with some of the better soul specs being heavily modified?

What soul spec is the new goto (and next to be beat with the nerfbat)?

Which soul specs are most likely dead?

Quote Originally Posted by Ketoaru View Post
    With 4.1 on the imminent horizon, I thought I'd ask a similar question for each class to centralize discussion.

For Warrior:

Where do we go from here with some of the better soul specs being heavily modified?

for starters it would be nice if you could ****ing melee for more than 2 ******* milaseconds.

and if anyone of our terrible touch of life specs actually was somewhat worth their weight in damage sacrifice.

and ffs cleric melee better than our whole entire bag of souls.

it's enraging to the point where I cant stand trion.
    Last edited by AVGVSTVS; 02-25-2017 at 08:55 AM.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by AVGVSTVS View Post
    for starters it would be nice if you could ****ing melee for more than 2 ******* milaseconds.

and if anyone of our terrible touch of life specs actually was somewhat worth their weight in damage sacrifice.

and ffs cleric melee better than our whole entire bag of souls.

it's enraging to the point where I cant stand trion.
    I normally don't do things like this as I usually consider it a waste of time and effort, however...

I have seen you a lot on the warrior forums of late, and always complaining that warriors suck, we get nerfed more than others, we can't melee, etc etc etc.

First off, the current content doesn't require you to do insanemaxdeeps to be a contributing member of any party or raid group, so with the present content even less than optimal builds still work.

Secondly, when someone asks for advice on how to advance their warrior for future content and your entire reply reads like "warriors are super sucky, play cleric" then I would have to advise you to use your own advice and stop being so negative towards those of us who are sticking to our warriors.

If you cannot provide anything at all useful in your reply when someone asks for advice, then don't bother replying since your not going to help anyway.

Lastly, for the OP, yes warriors do have something of the short end of the stick atm, although this is nothing new for warriors, our nerfs and buffs look like a yo-yo, but that being said, most souls are still currently viable so I would recommend looking through some of the guides posted for 4.0 and find something you enjoy playing.
    If you have a dedicated group/guild you play with then have a chat with the raid team and see what would mesh best with them.

More than anything, just make sure your doing something you enjoy, after all, whats the point of playing a game if your not having fun.

Quote Originally Posted by RazielZian View Post
    I normally don't do things like this as I usually consider it a waste of time and effort, however...

I have seen you a lot on the warrior forums of late, and always complaining that warriors suck, we get nerfed more than others, we can't melee, etc etc etc.

First off, the current content doesn't require you to do insanemaxdeeps to be a contributing member of any party or raid group, so with the present content even less than optimal builds still work.

Secondly, when someone asks for advice on how to advance their warrior for future content and your entire reply reads like "warriors are super sucky, play cleric" then I would have to advise you to use your own advice and stop being so negative towards those of us who are sticking to our warriors.

If you cannot provide anything at all useful in your reply when someone asks for advice, then don't bother replying since your not going to help anyway.

Lastly, for the OP, yes warriors do have something of the short end of the stick atm, although this is nothing new for warriors, our nerfs and buffs look like a yo-yo, but that being said, most souls are still currently viable so I would recommend looking through some of the guides posted for 4.0 and find something you enjoy playing.
    If you have a dedicated group/guild you play with then have a chat with the raid team and see what would mesh best with them.

More than anything, just make sure your doing something you enjoy, after all, whats the point of playing a game if your not having fun.
    I'm here because I HAVE stuck with warriors for 5+ years.

I'm here because I HAVE stuck with warriors for 5+ years.
    Maybe you should give a try to other classes.
    Get a new perspective.
    Because right now, you are literally stuck on warriors after 5 years and can't see anything but warriors.

Quote Originally Posted by RazielZian View Post
    yes [insert class here] do have something of the short end of the stick atm
    This would be a more appropriate sentence in your post Raziel.
    Everyone who mostly plays one class, and even those who play all classes, all feel like their class has the short end of the stick.

Personally, I think nobody has the short end of the stick because everybody has at least one thing that is broken while the rest is down the gutters.
    Last edited by Snap; 02-27-2017 at 11:17 AM.
    Cheesecakesandwich - Mage 70 | Wrecking - Warrior 70
    Italiansausage - Cleric 70 | Snaplemouton - Rogue 67
    Primalsandwich - Primalist 70
    I'm a grand connoisseur of the most delicate dish known as the poutine.

Quote Originally Posted by Snap View Post
    Maybe you should give a try to other classes.
    Get a new perspective.
    Because right now, you are literally stuck on warriors after 5 years and can't see anything but warriors.

This would be a more appropriate sentence in your post Raziel.
    Everyone who mostly plays one class, and even those who play all classes, all feel like their class has the short end of the stick.

Personally, I think nobody has the short end of the stick because everybody has at least one thing that is broken while the rest is down the gutters.
    You act so nonchalant on the issue coming from a primalist.

There is pretty serious fundamental issue with warrior where it's ability to carry out the class descriptions on startup screen isn't happening. it has no real archetype.

currently our hardest melee strikes do about as much as most ranged spells?

I wonder if the ranged damage reduction in warlord is even functioning properly.

I have played other classes. ranged is easier.

Did I really need to play prima to see its ranged is better and its ridiculous op period was bs?

this isn't ****ing ******* rocket science you can't ****ing melee in this game and nobody is saying because the majority plays ranged.

Quote Originally Posted by Ketoaru View Post

For Warrior:

And our only spec is 61 riftblade. there's nothing to do discuss any other specs barely function.

Melee is fine. Learn to reaction time.

The meta will change a bit with 4.1. Expect something different for a while.
    Ghar Station
    Ghar Station Discord
    Mistakes Were Made - Guild
    New to rift? Get free stuff! Go here: http://bit.ly/2jvhGTg Or enter this: CEYE39PQRW2GP79FENQ9

You act so nonchalant on the issue coming from a primalist.
    Why do you tag me as a Primalist? :/

Imho, the fix isn't to buff melees. The fix is to balance healers.
    Right now, we only see Tacticians all over the place in PvP with the odd Frostkeeper or Warchanter.
    Melees have no real dedicated ST healers to focus on them beside the odd one.

I found an old screenshot from Nightmare Tides that showcase how strong a melee + ST healer(s) can be. Just look at the damage taken column, it's hilarious.
    Last edited by Snap; 02-28-2017 at 03:13 AM.
    Cheesecakesandwich - Mage 70 | Wrecking - Warrior 70
    Italiansausage - Cleric 70 | Snaplemouton - Rogue 67
    Primalsandwich - Primalist 70
    I'm a grand connoisseur of the most delicate dish known as the poutine.

Quote Originally Posted by Snap View Post
    Why do you tag me as a Primalist? :/

Imho, the fix isn't to buff melees. The fix is to balance healers.
    Right now, we only see Tacticians all over the place in PvP with the odd Frostkeeper or Warchanter.
    Melees have no real dedicated ST healers to focus on them beside the odd one.

I found an old screenshot from Nightmare Tides that showcase how strong a melee + ST healer(s) can be. Just look at the damage taken column, it's hilarious.
    Single target healing boost would fix the melee issue. but i don't get it, melee shouldn't be made viable by buffing another class.

As it stands right now if you walk up to an inquis and your able to stay in melee the whole entire skirmish the inquisitor doesn't even have to kite they just drop you when I'm using 61 warlord.

A rogue will completely pop on our best 1v1 specs and out melee us doesn't matter if you have touch of life and or tested anyone of the variants. if they fail they slip.
    cleric out melee's warrior as well on an insane level with the fairy healer.
    I'm also sure harb is better at 1v1 especially looking back at the past with trions ridiculous planar shield.

the moral of the story is warrior is the worst melee class in the entire game.

as it stand now Ive tested dozens of builds and if you spend points defensively it seems to make absolutely no difference.

There is no middle ground between total tank and class cannon yet at the same time our full tank specs aren't as good as other tank specs in pvp.

there needs to be an overall ranged damage reduction again. I'd start with 5%

warlord needs a slight damage and survivability boost.

and as a mentioned before that ranged damage reduction in warlord doesn't seem to be working ive tested it i'm also going to mention any kind of damage reduction in general its all suspect.

you simply cannot make a variant that gives a proper survival modification vs damage.
    Last edited by AVGVSTVS; 02-28-2017 at 06:49 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hepatits View Post
    Melee is fine. Learn to reaction time.

The meta will change a bit with 4.1. Expect something different for a while.
    Nothing will change, the meta will go back to para, except this time we have 30 sec of burst? sustain? wtf...i donno...then after that 30 sec - 10 sec of what? haha..sh... this is gonna be fun.

Warrior will be the ultimate joke on 4.1

Maybe its already a joke, starting off with our healing souls legendaries
    Almost all are useless and don't synergies with both souls.Only 1-3 are handful and doesn't feel so legendary.

Wc has a problem with Deep Breath, it just doesn't work in pvp where healing is constantly needed, i can stop any deep breath wc from healing anyone else beside himself by keeping pressure on him till he runs out of power.

61 Liberator, nty libechanter is much better option, again problem lies within useless legendaries. but i guess most aoe heal specs aren't as good as tact.

Back to other specs.

Warlord, high skill cap with less reward, will still be the same on 4.1 nothing new here.

Riftblade, good as dead on 4.1

Tempest

Even though its getting some buffs, its current pvp nerfs still worries me. Also why not make arc ogcd too =)

Now what's left? Champion ? Reaver? Beastmaster?..f...k what else do we have to toy with?..
    Damnnnn am losing my mind with this calling.

Btw Shaman,61 sin, Sin/Bd and GG shadeborn completely outshine all warrior's melee specs.Yet some of those specs are getting quite a nice buffs on 4.1.

For those who can't see things aren't looking good for the warrior then please stop pretending u know anything about this calling.(at least in pvp)

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Kajib View Post

Warrior will be the ultimate joke on 4.1
    Wow... you are so amazingly out of the loop with the reality on the 4.1 changes to warriors on PTS.

If by "ultimate joke" you mean pulling 500k pure single target dps using a (now extremely dumbed down spec) standing at 35m+ away as a fearsome WARRIOR, then I guess you are right.

Quote Originally Posted by FateStayNight View Post
    Wow... you are so amazingly out of the loop with the reality on the 4.1 changes to warriors on PTS.

If by "ultimate joke" you mean pulling 500k pure single target dps using a (now extremely dumbed down spec) standing at 35m+ away as a fearsome WARRIOR, then I guess you are right.
    Pulling 500k dps is not the problem, the play style is.

I'd rather see most of 500k dps comes from different abilities not just from Wavelength. The whole dmg is locked behind one ability that's why i don't find Tempest fun to play, there's nothing interesting after 15 sec of WL other then maybe LT.

In PvP Tempest is the weakest ST ranged dps due to the nerfs, why? again WL .

I don't see them removing those nerfs without a major redesigning on WL unless they want people to get one shotted back and forth.

So atm that 500k dps only means much in PvE, in PvP it's just another trash soul.

But we'll see perhaps its too early to tell.

Quote Originally Posted by FateStayNight View Post

Tbf he was mostly pointing towards PvP and tempest gets nerfed hard in wfs while warrior meelee can't really survive in crowded pvp fights against ranged specs.

On another note, weren't you the one who cried about reaver when it got nerfed a while ago? I'm kinda surprised that you're calling tempest a dumbed down spec.

I won't pretend there's nothing wrong with warrior, but this kind of hyperbole helps no one and just ruins any kind of credibility you have. We're going to be fine in 4.1 and we're fine now.

Overall, we're in a workable state and will be competitive with other callings in 4.1. We're currently top ST DPS with Riftblade, especially in a group setting with support. Our AOE has some ramp up, but Champion is and will remain extremely strong. For healing, we're a little limited by positioning and range, as some of our legendaries have a mere 10-12 m range, but we're competitive with Warchanter (and Warchanter hybrids) in PvP and Liberator (or 58 Lib) in PvE.

In 4.1, our top PvE DPS specs will be Tempest and Riftblade. Tempest has excellent but uncontrollable cleave. Paragon will be very good in PvP again, as it's getting a considerable buff and overall TTK should be a little kinder. Warlord is also getting a buff (although its smaller). I still find it slow and I don't like the current playstyle, but it hits pretty hard.

our healing souls legendaries
    You do realized that we have the second strongest healing spec in PvP at the moment, and our healing is pretty balanced right? If you can't heal because of Deep Breaths in PvP, that's on you. There's always down time, and you don't need more than 2-3 seconds to recover power every 15-30 anyways.

Liberator will also be very competitive in the raiding scene due to very high shielding output.

Warlord, high skill cap with less reward, will still be the same on 4.1 nothing new here.
    High skill cap? You've got to be kidding me.

Riftblade, good as dead on 4.1
    Only if you play it with the same offsouls and rotation as before. Riftblade is actually competitive with Tempest and some of the highest DPS specs still.

Tempest
    One of the best burst in the game and extremely competitive damage? You do understand that the 25% damage reduction in PvP is on Charged Pulse/Double Pulse and the majority of damage has shifted to Skyfall right? Perhaps if you got on the PTS and checked out specs for yourself, in both dueling and on dummies, maybe you wouldn't be such a demagogue spewing fear monger.

To all of you crying over how low Paragon and Warlord are at the moment, it sucks, but all 5 callings have some dead souls right now. We currently lack a strong ranged spec for PvP, but the Tempest buffs will remedy that.
    Last edited by DarkDaemon; 02-28-2017 at 10:35 AM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast