+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree14Likes

Thread: Warrior in 4.1, your thoughts?

Quote Originally Posted by Snap View Post
    No one is telling you to give up.

I main mage and have been for years, doesn't stop me from playing all 5 classes.
    aint nobody got time for that. well in all seriousness I have other classes, leveled and played them as a point of reference to better understand how to operate as a warrior.

as far as the ranged vs melee issue it was an issue for years we had to push and push and they finally after years lowered the god forsaken ranged damage. Sadly the issue has returned with the exp which isn't surprising i don't blame trion for an inability to remedy unforeseen results of an exp all games have this issue.

Quote Originally Posted by AVGVSTVS View Post
    as far as the ranged vs melee issue it was an issue for years we had to push and push and they finally after years lowered the god forsaken ranged damage. Sadly the issue has returned with the exp which isn't surprising i don't blame trion for an inability to remedy unforeseen results of an exp all games have this issue.
    Let's not lie here, please.
    This wasn't pushed by warriors at all.
    This was pushed by good players of each classes. Please, stop with this whole Warrior bias. Each classes have melee specs.

When all the good players asked for Reaver nerfs after the revamp in Nightmare Tides, the vast majority of Warriors defended Reaver. So don't tell me Warriors have been pushing for lowering ranged damage. They havn't, they've been pushing for whatever is the most broken in their spec, just like every classes are pushing for their broken *** specs to stay broken.
    It's nice that you care for melee and warriors, but don't lie about the other warriors. They don't give a flying **** about how balanced the game is, they just want the most broken thing so they can abuse it and feel like they are better than they really are. There are only a few players who care about balance and those players, I do not consider them as a class but as a player.
    Last edited by Snap; 03-01-2017 at 12:33 PM.
    Cheesecakesandwich - Mage 70 | Wrecking - Warrior 70
    Italiansausage - Cleric 70 | Snaplemouton - Rogue 67
    Primalsandwich - Primalist 70
    I'm a grand connoisseur of the most delicate dish known as the poutine.

Let's not lie here, please.
    This wasn't pushed by warriors at all.
    This was pushed by good players of each classes. Please, stop with this whole Warrior bias. Each classes have melee specs.

When all the good players asked for Reaver nerfs after the revamp in Nightmare Tides, the vast majority of Warriors defended Reaver. So don't tell me Warriors have been pushing for lowering ranged damage. They havn't, they've been pushing for whatever is the most broken in their spec, just like every classes are pushing for their broken *** specs to stay broken.
    It's nice that you care for melee and warriors, but don't lie about the other warriors. They don't give a flying **** about how balanced the game is, they just want the most broken thing so they can abuse it and feel like they are better than they really are. There are only a few players who care about balance and those players, I do not consider them as a class but as a player.
    during sl there was defiantly quite a few of us that pushed for it.. and there were many that just quit as warriors. there were periods in the game were there were barely any warriors around. I returned to the game right on that first reaver buff and I could of cared less whether we had a ranged spec or not and didn't give two ****s about it or that it was nerfed, and I don't play the soul.

Yes no kidding other classes have melee specs. Lets argue whether they are better than warriors melee lets get into.. from unstoppable planar shield harbs, unblockable clerics and the complete lawlessness of perma stealth.

if there is a broken warrior spec I do NOT want that. I don't want that because you think as a strictly warrior player I wanna re spec for the the gazillionth time? I'd rather not have an OP spec emerge because that means changes and more energy having to be spent.

and calling me a liar? you think I haven't spoken to other warriors that don't share the same sentiment?

even if you for some wild reason you think im lying am I wrong? seems irreverent. thought we were having a civilized discussion I also never stated I spoke for all warriors you assumed as such.

And lastly ranged damage needs to be lowered for the health of pvp entirely it's even to extreme for ranged players. yes I did just say that. between already casted projectiles coded hit you no matter what even if you find cover before it gets to you.
    Last edited by AVGVSTVS; 03-01-2017 at 01:08 PM.

thought we were having a civilized discussion I also never stated I spoke for all warriors you assumed as such.
    Of course I assumed that when you said "we" you meant Warriors, the way you've been writing in the majority of your posts as always been about Warriors this, Warriors that.
    You never stated who you were speaking for, one can only assume by extrapolating from your previous posts and clearly, you are pro-Warrior.

during sl there was defiantly quite a few of us that pushed for it..
    I hope you aren't talking about the people who were defending Warlord back in SL, because those people are just as bad as those who defended Reaver in Nightmare Tides.

Of course I assumed that when you said "we" you meant Warriors, the way you've been writing in the majority of your posts as always been about Warriors this, Warriors that.
    You never stated who you were speaking for, one can only assume by extrapolating from your previous posts and clearly, you are pro-Warrior.

I hope you aren't talking about the people who were defending Warlord back in SL, because those people are just as bad as those who defended Reaver in Nightmare Tides.
    I stated I played strictly warrior like a dozen times.

I don't know what warlock has to do with this.

Quote Originally Posted by Kajib View Post
    Are you one of top warriors who can do better then me?
    It's so cute when people call themselves 'top' or 'pro'. I think I'm going to put your quote in my signature too.

Perhaps you should read:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grandiose_delusions

As well as

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Illusory_superiority

Some people here only shines on forums.
    This is even cuter.
    Last edited by DarkDaemon; 03-01-2017 at 02:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Maltie View Post
    Ditto

/10char
    Did you miss or did I woosh something lol?

yo i've won a warfront before too! hi-five bro! LINK

My credibility? Am not worried at all cause i don't wish to work for Trion so i wont play nice all the time
    Forget your warrior credibility for a moment, you've got to work on your meme credibility first. Those were hella stale

nonsense is well written in a constructive way
    wut

I have habit of going after good players who plays any other calling than mine
    Good. Please leave all warriors alone.

And that's why we're taking one step back to Nightmare Tide. One spec to rule them all. Paragon.
    You really are allergic to the PTS.

am overreacting
    one word for it.

Some people here only shines on forums.
    Please stop my sig is already full.
    The cockroaches won.
    I hate to brag but am one of those pro warriors who tries to push things to the limit, broken so many records
    4.1 Champion 4.1 Overlord 4.1 Riftblade 4.1 Reaver 4.1 Tempest 4.1 Warpest
    3.7 Beastmaster 3.7 Liberator 3.7 Paladin 3.7 Void Knight

As for the moment lets say! inspire you!

I wish I could beat records like you....

All you do is providing them parses anyone can do that...if i remember correctly they want to know if specs are fun or clunky dps doesn't matter.
    I... I don't know if you're being serious?

Quote Originally Posted by SecondBass View Post
    Did you miss or did I woosh something lol?
    Nah I was just being sarcastic, but I might actually have to change it cause this guy is just great

I have habit of going after good players who plays any other calling than mine,
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Warrior in 4.1, your thoughts?-filthy-casual.jpg  
    Last edited by Maltie; 03-01-2017 at 03:36 PM.
    Nixia@Greybriar (and Laethys)

"You only outhealed me because you had more people to heal" ~ Funkadelicc@deepwood
    09:20 Gelb@Deepwood: 54233HPS | Nixia 15381 | Funka 8407 |

I don't know what warlock has to do with this.
    I said Warlord, not Warlock...

warlord wasn't the premier spec in sl. riftblade was. wtf

I don't know which Storm Legion you played then.

I don't know which Storm Legion you played then.
    the correct one ffs. Storm legion the best pvp spec was rift blade may have been made that way towards the middle or end of it.

I know this because when the strictly pvp players like slashwrists, strente and wreckoning were around warriors we all used riftblade....

I know this because that's when the 5v5 tournies were being done and the pvp community was pushing for ranked wf's.

someone tried to use a 61 warlord in a tournament he got made fun of and never used again.

warlord only got its boost to ranged damage reduction because they straight up asked us what does warrior need? I was one of the first to answer cause ive always been here making suggestions. they gave it more ranged damge reduction.

warlord was never a proper 61 dps spec in sl wl was used as a semi pala/wl spec for 1v1's even than wasn't that great of a 1v1 spec.

it's not a proper pure dps in wfs now somehow it was in the past it's laughable. wl went through a ton of changes.
    Last edited by AVGVSTVS; 03-02-2017 at 05:53 AM.

Ascendant

warlord wasn't the premier spec in sl. riftblade was. wtf
    Warlord was the core soul for warrior during SL.
    Actually warlord spawned countless of viable/op warrior hybrids in both PvP and PvE that it had to be tuned down (which in term killed the majority of warrior hybrids).

During SL warrior had Beastlord which is top single target pure melee hybrid. It's amazing because of omfg Beastmaster top dps? Only thing with beastlord is the juggling between break blows buff, keeping up surge buffs, keeping up cutting slash stacks and all BM dots, managing thrusting slash, your power, as well as alternating finisher between brutal strike, breaking blow, killing field, and and surge finishers. Unfortunately this was not very popular because it literally has zero ranged capability and was too complicated for average warriors.

But beastlord was just 1 small example of how insane warlord hybrids were.

It's quite hilarious that you think RB was the primere soul for SL. Warlord was until Paragon revamp.

RB was traditionally popular due to its versatility, it can single target and has on demand aoe, It can sustain dps and it can also burst. It has a unique delayed damage burst in pvp with rift implosion. And it had 2 stuns and one could even be made aoe, has interrupt has silence, has self resetting ports with breakfree, as well as targeted teleports... RB also lose very little damage during short melee disconnect as long as rift strike buff is up.

RB also had WTFBBQ fork BROSPEAR that was tagged as single target and scales exponentially in damage by the targets affected that's wiping enemy raids in a gcd in CQ and WF.

RB is prominent because it was slow paced and easy to play... which is easier for everyone including new warriors to pick up. Heck for the majority of SL RB could be played to extreme efficiency in both PvP and pve with 1 button and 1 pt icy spam.

Warlord was the core for the arrays of warrior hybrids due to the sheer amount of insane stat boosts in the tree Like Everything is weapon and it's surge buffs. On top it also offered a free pull an ogcd attack a super heavy attack KofH as well as some weird perks like no permission to die.
    RB is popular in a way of being a completely cookie cutter and nothing more.
    Last edited by FateStayNight; 03-02-2017 at 06:10 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by FateStayNight View Post
    Warlord was the core soul for warrior during SL.
    Actually warlord spawned countless of viable/op warrior hybrids in both PvP and PvE that it had to be tuned down (which in term killed the majority of warrior hybrids).

During SL warrior had Beastlord which is top single target pure melee hybrid. It's amazing because of omfg Beastmaster top dps? Only thing with beastlord is the juggling between break blows buff, keeping up surge buffs, keeping up cutting slash stacks and all BM dots, managing thrusting slash, your power, as well as alternating finisher between brutal strike, breaking blow, killing field, and and surge finishers. Unfortunately this was not very popular because it literally has zero ranged capability and was too complicated for average warriors.

But beastlord was just 1 small example of how insane warlord hybrids were.

It's quite hilarious that you think RB was the primere soul for SL. Warlord was until Paragon revamp.

RB was traditionally popular due to its versatility, it can single target and has on demand aoe, It can sustain dps and it can also burst. It has a unique delayed damage burst in pvp with rift implosion. And it had 2 stuns and one could even be made aoe, has interrupt has silence, has self resetting ports with breakfree, as well as targeted teleports... RB also lose very little damage during short melee disconnect as long as rift strike buff is up.

RB also had WTFBBQ fork BROSPEAR that was tagged as single target and scales exponentially in damage by the targets affected that's wiping enemy raids in a gcd in CQ and WF.

RB is prominent because it was slow paced and easy to play... which is easier for everyone including new warriors to pick up. Warlord was the core for the arrays of warrior hybrids not RB.
    yeah the one time warlord/vk had some weird glitch that last a few days??
    I said pure dps specs not hybrids.
    I dont get you even brought up that 1 point icy burst spam and you still say warlord is the spec what the ****?
    this forum i swear.

this is me using a riftblade in storm legion not my channel but it's storm legion and riftblade warlord never get close to 17-1 kills
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4cawiJ_LIuE

another strom legion pic clearly riftblade http://i.imgur.com/nB9aP.jpg

riftblade has always been the go to dps spec that was the only one that was competitive.

like uhm rift blade currently.?!?!?!?
    in storm legion one of the best 1v1 spec was pala/riftblade because avatar of the flame would kill people.

the only spec that pre dated riftblade was a spec that had riftblade it was a 38/28 champ/riftblade itw as more on the op side that was inalla you'd pop fear and riftsorm and the champ reactives would drop ppl because they were glicthed.
    Last edited by AVGVSTVS; 03-02-2017 at 06:14 AM.

Soulwalker

I understand the frustration. The wild swings and constant nerfs, buffs, nerfs and bugged / broken stuff is really really frustrating. It's not uncommon for games to have stuff that doesn't work but sometimes Rift feels like the policy is to constantly make radical changes rather than well thought out balanced changes with a focus on happy players. I'm sure every sweeping change results in people leaving. We've lost most of our guild with just the discussion of more radical changes and the destruction of the thing that is the core of the Soul System, the ability to have Hybrid designs.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast