+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By DarkDaemon

Thread: Riftblade AoE

Rift Disciple

Default Riftblade AoE

There are two finishers (Storm Blade and Earth Blade) that cause your next attack to deal AoE damage. they both are instant cast with no gcd and a 8 second cooldown.

Now i'm a horrible player and want to put these abilities in a macro. so like every single other instant cast-no gcd ability in the game i throw them on the end of my lazy macro. except they never go off...

why?

Quote Originally Posted by Neurotix View Post
    There are two finishers (Storm Blade and Earth Blade) that cause your next attack to deal AoE damage. they both are instant cast with no gcd and a 8 second cooldown.

Now i'm a horrible player and want to put these abilities in a macro. so like every single other instant cast-no gcd ability in the game i throw them on the end of my lazy macro. except they never go off...

why?
    They never go off because they're called Storm Burst and Earth Burst.

Also, if you put them with builders, they'll cast at 1 attack point.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by DarkDaemon View Post

well... crap. thanks though

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by DarkDaemon View Post

ok, so i had them spelled correctly in the game... and i know they used to not proc, they work now though so apparently it got fixed or something else was wrong. either way thanks for the feedback

Quote Originally Posted by Neurotix View Post
    ok, so i had them spelled correctly in the game... and i know they used to not proc, they work now though so apparently it got fixed or something else was wrong. either way thanks for the feedback
    You almost definitely had icy burst in your macro above Storm and Earth bursts.

Soulwalker

I am by no means a macro expert, but there are a few rules to follow when setting up a macro.

One of them is to make sure that you don't have skills with CD's after instant cast skills with no CD's (not counting GCD) or they will simply never cast.

The order of the macro is top down in order of skills cast, which is why you always have a skill last that is insta cast with only GCD, anything beyond this is wasted text in your macro as this the first skill with these conditions will always cast if the above skills are on CD or channel (if moving).

Sorry if thats not explained very well, as I said, I'm no macro expert.

I would add Rift Strike, and Rift burst into the AOE spam builder. Rift burst will increase storm and earth burst by 65%.

+ Reply to Thread