+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Legendary Breaking Blow

Soulwalker

Default Legendary Breaking Blow

It is a finisher, but does not consume attack points. Is this by design or something that the devs overlooked and will be fixed in a future patch? Don't want to waste a ton of time learning a rotation that has breaking blow all over it if it is going to be changed.

This is intended.
    ------------------------------------------------------
    Sahtiar the Green Knight - Khalim'na
    ------------------------------------------------------

just for the record it still counts as a finisher as the (forgot the name) use after a Warlord finisher for triple damage works.
    I am the weapon, my daggers are just tools
    Security Warning:This human beeing may use cynicism and sarcasm in a way you are not accustomed to, you might suffer severe mental damage
    Starfall Prophecy ALL Content cleared

The currently highest parsing warlord doesn't use legendary Breaking Blow.
    It's only used in champion as most other specs cannot make use of it with its insane power cost.

Telaran

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by dunkelst View Post
    The currently highest parsing warlord doesn't use legendary Breaking Blow.
    It's only used in champion as most other specs cannot make use of it with its insane power cost.
    Regarding pvp:
    It is indeed a huge power drain. One ability for which no power conservation ability can soften... including TtB. Yet, I find in unison with all the CC capability and of course PT and KotH, it severely and very quickly turns smiles upside down.. even regarding the best of healers... AND tanks.

Rift Master

I would suggest that if breaking blow is unuseable in it's current state and we are using Riftblade finishers again then perhaps Warlord needs some looking at. The guide is nice btw Dunkelst.

Quote Originally Posted by Balidin View Post
    I would suggest that if breaking blow is unuseable in it's current state and we are using Riftblade finishers again then perhaps Warlord needs some looking at. The guide is nice btw Dunkelst.
    In the words of our fearless spec balancer dev: If it's urgent, important, and easy to fix then it will get done, otherwise it gets put on the back burner. If breaking blow was 1-shotting folks in PvP it would get looked at ASAP, but it doesn't, so it fails the urgency test. It's current status doesn't ruin warrior specs in any meaningful way so it fails the importance test. If they reduced the energy cost it would have vast impacts to many DPS rotations which could cause warrior to become OP, therefor any tweaks would require extensive testing, so it fails the quick fix test.

Keep on eye on PTS, things are always getting tweaked there.
    Bigterj - <Grievance> - Wolfsbane

+ Reply to Thread