+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree10Likes

Thread: Latest PTS changes (12.17.2016)

Well I guess if these changes goes live, it's back to tanking or healing for me. No way I'm going to embarrass myself in the DPS meters.
    Serale@Faeblight

Shadowlander

Could you guys throw some of your parses in the official thread - I'm not able to hit your numbers and don't want to post something which looks off (and makes me look like the dummy I am without your rotations😡)

I am showing tempest way ahead of other specs but I think I'm doing para wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Felixe View Post
    Could you guys throw some of your parses in the official thread - I'm not able to hit your numbers and don't want to post something which looks off (and makes me look like the dummy I am without your rotations😡)

I am showing tempest way ahead of other specs but I think I'm doing para wrong.
    With the current Iteration of changes on the PTS. Tempest should indeed be ahead of everything else. Tempest > Reaver > Champion > Riftblade > Warlord > Paragon
    Rompalstomp - Raid Lead / Warrior Lead "Nefarious"

Why do I get the feeling, with the exception of tempest, that the order should be the other way around?

But I still think warlord should be the strongest ST soul with paragon being a ranged soul and all
    Quit: I survived 4.0, but 4.1 broke my will.
    Replacing the "challenge" with a grind to get the best gear is just too much with what was already wrong since 4.0.

Quote Originally Posted by dunkelst View Post
    Why do I get the feeling, with the exception of tempest, that the order should be the other way around?

But I still think warlord should be the strongest ST soul with paragon being a ranged soul and all
    Champion should be doing the least single target damage. Other than that yes it should be the other way around. Paragon, due to it's lack of cleave should be the highest. Sweeping Blades has never been worth using and should be removed imo. Warlord cleave is less than Riftblades so alas should be the next after Paragon. Riftblade being melee should be 3rd. Tempest being Single target focused should be 4th and Reaver having cleave should be 5th.

I still think reaver should be a full-blown ranged AoE soul and thus behind champion in ST

I also think people overvalue warlords cleave. Yes, it is more than paragon (duh), but WoS isn't very strong and KF has a long cooldown and since it's a gain in ST, it is rarely available when dealing with occasional adds.

Not that any of that matters with no current raid available yet. But if cleave is needed from a warrior, I'd say riftblade will always be the superior choice anyway.
    Last edited by dunkelst; 12-19-2016 at 12:10 PM.
    Replacing the "challenge" with a grind to get the best gear is just too much with what was already wrong since 4.0.

Ascendant

I still think reaver should be a full-blown ranged AoE soul and thus behind champion in ST

I also think people overvalue warlords cleave. Yes, it is more than paragon (duh), but WoS isn't very strong and KF has a long cooldown and since it's a gain in ST, it is rarely available when dealing with occasional adds.

Not that any of that matters with no current raid available yet. But if cleave is needed from a warrior, I'd say riftblade will always be the superior choice anyway.
    Agreed. Reaver single target should be further nerfed and give back its 8 target cleave and make it a full ranged aoe soul already.

That wouldn't make it a full AoE soul. Spreading DoTs every 21, another 15s cooldown and then it's just a single builder and finisher? That hardly passes as a full-blown AoE soul, does it? AoE-Reaver without a rework would be just four abilities.

Ascendant

That wouldn't make it a full AoE soul. Spreading DoTs every 21, another 15s cooldown and then it's just a single builder and finisher? That hardly passes as a full-blown AoE soul, does it? AoE-Reaver without a rework would be just four abilities.
    I am just worried about making reaver requiring more than those few abilities, it might become too complicated for most warriors.

Let me put in this way, Champion has a very straight forward rotation yet I rarely see warriors playing it correctly.
    Seeing death blossom not being top 3 ability and only contribute to like 10% of the champion dps makes me feel very very sad.

Then there's tempest, I am confident to say 9 our of 10 warriors couldn't play it right.

RB is fine because the near 1 button RB guide actually helped many newb warrior to do great dps.

Warlord? lol you are telling me average warriors knows how to keep up buffs and managing procs on separate buttons?

Ever since the NT Reaver troll, the average warrior players ability to play their classes correctly has bottomed out. Heck the best warrior theorycrafter doesn't even play Rift anymore. He almost came back for SFP too, until I told him "Reaver is back!!!" (this was a week into SPF when reaver was facerolling into top dps). And I wish I was joking too.

Anyways, I don't mind if reaver could be made a bit more useful. I am just trying to be more sensible to make it easier for the less capable warrior players.
    Last edited by FateStayNight; 12-19-2016 at 10:36 PM.

http://i.imgur.com/XwVVChT.png

Am I doing it right? I can't tell coz i'm a terrible Reaver. But hey my dps is high so I must be good right?

Watch this spec get another band-aid fix. Rather then fix the actual problem. We're just gonna nerf the hell out of it instead.
    Last edited by Waseem2k; 12-19-2016 at 11:49 PM.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by FateStayNight View Post
    I am just worried about making reaver requiring more than those few abilities, it might become too complicated for most warriors.
    Well, we are stupid and can not hit 3 buttons. So let the stupid warriors alone and go back to your roque. You really have nothing better to do then hit a guy which lies on floor? That is how most warriors feel which not used the broken rb soul and rb was broken (procs from procs from procs was never intented).

Arbosch Bloodforge

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by arbosch View Post
    Well, we are stupid and can not hit 3 buttons. So let the stupid warriors alone and go back to your roque. You really have nothing better to do then hit a guy which lies on floor? That is how most warriors feel which not used the broken rb soul and rb was broken (procs from procs from procs was never intented).

Arbosch Bloodforge
    Like a typical waqqiqr

/sigh
    Last edited by FateStayNight; 12-20-2016 at 11:10 AM.

Ewa
    Telaran

Default Riftblade Changes To Extreme

Source: Link

Warrior
    Riftblade
    Legendary Icy Burst and Flamespear now have a .5s ICD
    Legendary Rift Burst buff reduced to 65%.

Reaver
    Legendary Viral Stream - Damage increased by 20% per DoT on target.
    Legendary Dire Blow - Damage reduced. Now correctly scales with Attack Points as intended.
    OK Developers. You are asking for feedback.

The RB changes have lowered my dps by 31.5%. Today I did 395k on Live and 270k on PST both 4 mins parses on lvl 67 dummy. I'm not the best warrior but I do read threads. I use a 6 button RB rotation with 9 total buttons for cleave and interrupt.

PTS:
    http://i.imgur.com/SYLOfot.jpg

LIVE:
    http://i.imgur.com/JPpFiK1.jpg

I think the changes are too extreme. Warriors will not be competitive against other classes. Please readjust the nerf.
    Sadly reaver I was even doing less than RB at 231k, but I don't play it often.
    You are asking for feedback. The nerf is too high. Readjust.

Looks like Reaver and Riftblade are both getting nerfed soon. RB is getting curb stomped though...

RIP in peace Shock Pulse

PS: Sorry for pic quality, but you get the gist.

Latest PTS changes (12.17.2016)-rb-nerf.jpg
    Last edited by BigTerj; 12-20-2016 at 09:16 PM.
    Bigterj - <Grievance> - Wolfsbane

Telaran

So with the 0.5s ICD of the legendaries we can go two hand and have equal dps as 2*one hand ?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast