+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: warrior melee completely and utterly sucks right now... again.

Quote Originally Posted by Redfoxx View Post
    Isn't riftblade the most broken/op dps spec of this expansion?
    no, every other class just says that it is in the vain hope that their own ridiculously broken OP dps specs are overlooked.

Quote Originally Posted by Redfoxx View Post
    Isn't riftblade the most broken/op dps spec of this expansion?
    No especially now to do max dps you need legendary shock pulse which reduces riftblades ranged ability even more so.

Quote Originally Posted by AVGVSTVS View Post
    No especially now to do max dps you need legendary shock pulse which reduces riftblades ranged ability even more so.
    Good! It's not supposed to be a ranged soul.

I hate that our best DPS builds are ranged, talk about pandering to the weakest players. I will not be happy until Paragon and Warlord are restored to their former glory! I will caveat this by saying that Riftblade is fun to play, I just play it like it's a melee spec with great disconnect abilities.
    Last edited by BigTerj; 01-08-2017 at 06:35 AM.
    Bigterj - <Grievance> - Wolfsbane

Quote Originally Posted by BigTerj View Post
    Good! It's not supposed to be a ranged soul.

I hate that our best DPS builds are ranged, talk about pandering to the weakest players. I will not be happy until Paragon and Warlord are restored to their former glory! I will caveat this by saying that Riftblade is fun to play, I just play it like it's a melee spec with great disconnect abilities.
    even without legendary shock pulse its not a capable of a ranged souls as half the specs in rift.
    it's rotation requires now 3 melee strikes to do full damage with a rotation that takes a while.
    and its gonna get nerfed?

I do agree our most damaging spec shouldn't be a ranged soul.

I'm still scratching my head as to why i'm getting hit for 110k+ at ranged when my melee strikes do 1/2 of that.
    Last edited by AVGVSTVS; 01-08-2017 at 07:54 AM.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by AVGVSTVS View Post
    even without legendary shock pulse its not a capable of a ranged souls as half the specs in rift.
    it's rotation requires now 3 melee strikes to do full damage with a rotation that takes a while.
    and its gonna get nerfed?

I do agree our most damaging spec shouldn't be a ranged soul.

I'm still scratching my head as to why i'm getting hit for 110k+ at ranged when my melee strikes do 1/2 of that.
    I'm not totally sure but for me Riftblade would be the only option. There seems to be something buggy about physical damage specs in this game. I would consider sticking to non physical specs. Other than that I found a good troll tank heal build with the class. Its sort of unkillable, it can heal and its super fast. Seems the new meta is to roll tanks FTW especially when you know the Trion gave you a bad matchup against a duo primalist or warlock premade. Those classes can pretty much raid wipe if they are played right.

For me shaman, warlord, paragon, and lol druid can't hurt me but Riftblade, Primalist and those Mages can. For some reason ranger doesn't hurt as much as MM. Sin however hits hard but BD doesn't. So there is definitely something bugged out about some physical specs in pvp vs my tank. Like Primalist and RB can hit me for 1/3rd my life or more but shaman and druid can't even do enough damage to stop my padded healing.

There is also a sort of 1v1 build that is useful against glass cannons with Parachanter and way of the sun and paly for full life heal. I was doing like 8K dps and 6K HPS with it. A ton of players just don't realize how good their class is. VK still really good in PvP as well. They are so fast, but not as fast as Primalist or Arbiter. However, they have massive CC potential and can control the field with their pretty much on demand summons. I haven't played VK much in this expansion so I don't if they changed it but last expansion the spec netted me quite a few wins as a solo queue'er.
    Last edited by Flashmemory; 01-18-2017 at 07:03 PM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2