+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Power Manipulation change with the patch

Plane Walker

Default Power Manipulation change with the patch

Ok, so masteries got an update with scaling with the patch today. I've noticed that Power Manipulation no longer has the 5% dmg variance it used to have. The tooltip is still describing the skill like it has, but displays same value twice ofc. Is this inteded or a bug?

Edit: checking back the values again from the start of SPF, it actually had 1% variance in toltip, not 5%.
    Last edited by Jotunn; 12-14-2016 at 10:20 AM.
    <Tyael@Gelidra>
    ...Stack on 8...

RIFT Guide Writer

tyael, and this it not where it stops.
    my tooltip tells me PM does 36834 to 36834 but it only does 36830

Shadowlander

works just fine for me, crits for 75k, hits like normal

Plane Walker

Ok, so these should be fine and fixed with the patch, if i read the patchones right.

SOULS
    * Level 65 masteries that no longer have damage ranges no longer incorrectly indicate that they do in the tooltip.
    So here's my next question about this. If masteries are getting fixed for this, why not the rest of the abilities? (if the notes are correct about that)

Some time ago, the 5% variance on skills got reduced to 1% variance, and tooltips for those skills seem to be properly representing that. But at the same it (or aroud), all other skills also got the 1% variance. But until now, the tooltips still show the old versions. Which means that DoTs, channels, cast timed abilities, all finishers and maybe some more all have wrong toltips. And by the looks of things are missing the upper value and are thus only representing the lower one, aka 99% of the skill.
    <Tyael@Gelidra>
    ...Stack on 8...

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Jotunn View Post
    Ok, so these should be fine and fixed with the patch, if i read the patchones right.

So here's my next question about this. If masteries are getting fixed for this, why not the rest of the abilities? (if the notes are correct about that)

Some time ago, the 5% variance on skills got reduced to 1% variance, and tooltips for those skills seem to be properly representing that. But at the same it (or aroud), all other skills also got the 1% variance. But until now, the tooltips still show the old versions. Which means that DoTs, channels, cast timed abilities, all finishers and maybe some more all have wrong toltips. And by the looks of things are missing the upper value and are thus only representing the lower one, aka 99% of the skill.
    Are you factoring the defenses of your target? Because it sounds like your not.

Because whatever your non-ethereal damage tooltip says, your going to do less damage, because EVERYTHING has some form of damage reduction.
    Burst before or after Rift implosion, never both.

Plane Walker

Quote Originally Posted by Repster View Post
    Are you factoring the defenses of your target? Because it sounds like your not.

Because whatever your non-ethereal damage tooltip says, your going to do less damage, because EVERYTHING has some form of damage reduction.
    Thank you, but this has nothing to do with the defenses/resists of the target, and i'm well aware of those things.

What i was talking about is, that at some point in the past couple of months there was a change from 5% variance to 1%. Usually builders had that, the two numbers in the tooltip. But now, (almost) every skill has that, and from what i can tell is, that the tooltips will only show the lower value, hence my 99% number, instead of both.

And since the masteries were changed recently and now fixed for that issue, i'm wondering if we'll see this change brought to other tooltips as well? Or was the whole change perhaps a fluke (although i don't think so)?
    <Tyael@Gelidra>
    ...Stack on 8...

+ Reply to Thread