+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By Holyroller12
  • 1 Post By dunkelst
  • 1 Post By Holyroller12

Thread: Scald Legendary Bug - Riftblade Gods

Champion of Telara Holyroller12's Avatar

Default Scald Legendary Bug - Riftblade Gods

So my friend and I noticed in dungeons the other day that while him and I were Dpsing, my damage was a lot higher than usual. I do about 366k self buffed on the 67 raid boss dummies and then 400k+ easily in dungeons with Syntrachios dpsing with me (guide shoutout). We tested it on the dummy with just him and I and sure enough I was doing 500k with his crit debuff and scald up. Tested it again with him + 2 more primalists in the group and found out the scalds stack on top of it boosting elemental damage by 30%. While this was definitely fun to do in dungeons... I feel the need to be that turd in the punch bowl that points it out as I'd like to see stuff balanced and that includes raids that don't require you to stack primalists and riftblades because that's where it's headed lol. Screenshot below.

http://i.imgur.com/3ARgHkk.jpg

Edit: Just realized I posted this in guides instead of discussion. Apologies in advance.
    Last edited by Holyroller12; 12-12-2016 at 02:35 AM.
    (70) Holyroller | (70) Kelten | (70) Irohh | (70) Hoehenheim | (70)Avattar@Deepwood

Nice find!

They really need to check all abilities for these interactions. Iirc there was warlords SO, mage's fire buff thingy and probably others which buffed not just the user but more. Same with BM consuming DoTs from other people as well.
    Quit: I survived 4.0, but 4.1 broke my will.
    Replacing the "challenge" with a grind to get the best gear is just too much with what was already wrong since 4.0.

The funny thing is it's not just riftblades that it buffs. The other primalists will buff eachother from stacking all of their scalds. Papyrus asked me to log on because he was getting 500-600k (normally 430 or so) just with the 3 of them using it. For some reason it really boosts RB damage by a lot as you can see though lol.
    (70) Holyroller | (70) Kelten | (70) Irohh | (70) Hoehenheim | (70)Avattar@Deepwood

Rift Master

It's probably just copy pasted ability and used in various classes/skills. Hence them having the exact same bug/interraction. And asuming it boosts all dmg by 30%, and it stacking up by the looks of it additively, the number you got in parse sounds fine. Pretty much your usual parse x 1.9.

Default wouldnt be suprised

wouldn't be suprised if this is fixed with the incoming balance changes on the PTS

Officially Fixed on PTS. Tested it with Papyrus again.

+ Reply to Thread