• 1 Post By Archyface
  • 1 Post By Shelenia
  • 1 Post By Jotunn
  • 2 Post By Archyface

Thread: Physical Crit vs Crit Power

Rift Disciple

Default Physical Crit vs Crit Power

Hello,

I'm being told crit power is better to build over physical crit, but I'm having a hard time understanding why. As with most, if not all other games, with builds based around crit, you want to get the highest possible soft cap crit rate with a good amount of crit damage. Once you have decent gear you then min/max for the highest of both.

My guess is because in raids you get crit chance boosted through others? If this is the case, what are the buffs given? Or an easier question, how much crit chance should I be aiming for? I need to know so I can spec proper essences and fragments.

Thank you!

Your crit chance in quite a few specs is already at a decent point, and on top of that, you gain crit chance from your main stat. Right now, you should aim for the ~9k CP right now that will put you at the soft cap for Crit Power.
    Quote Originally Posted by Klutch817 View Post
    Hold on to the people who are already fighting in your corner, don't gamble on the people who haven't shown any interest or effort

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Artewig View Post
    Your crit chance in quite a few specs is already at a decent point, and on top of that, you gain crit chance from your main stat. Right now, you should aim for the ~9k CP right now that will put you at the soft cap for Crit Power.
    Dang 9k.. I will try my hardest lol, thank you

This is an old post about Raid Buffs from SL, so is 2 expansion behind but even with a lot changes to Support classes and spells/skills in general you can get an overall idea how a good raid buff/debuff set up may improve your own stats and the whole team.

Raid Buff/Debuff Stacking by TheGrinnz
    Legendary Arkkam, The Dragon Tamer.
    Cleric of Inner Circle, Gelidra.
    Formerly known as Franark of Apotheosys, Typhiria

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Artewig View Post
    Right now, you should aim for the ~9k CP right now that will put you at the soft cap for Crit Power.
    I would advise against this. Don't just blindly go for the CP soft cap. It would be very detrimental if you did this and put CP main stat fragments in every slot.

For instance if you're a Rogue or Primalist, you don't want to have ANY fragments as CP main stat, if you're going for best in slot.

For Warriors, you only want CP as a main stat on your Air fragments.
    Archy Mage, Face, Prime, Primal Rouge, Rogue, Eric, W, @ Laethys --- Nefarious ---

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Archyface View Post
    I would advise against this. Don't just blindly go for the CP soft cap. It would be very detrimental if you did this and put CP main stat fragments in every slot.

For instance if you're a Rogue or Primalist, you don't want to have ANY fragments as CP main stat, if you're going for best in slot.

I probably should have said I play warrior. thanks for the extra tips

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Shelenia View Post
    This is an old post about Raid Buffs from SL, so is 2 expansion behind but even with a lot changes to Support classes and spells/skills in general you can get an overall idea how a good raid buff/debuff set up may improve your own stats and the whole team.

Raid Buff/Debuff Stacking by TheGrinnz
    Awesome, thank you

Rift Disciple

hi, the information source i have says that the death fragments give best crit power... is this bad info? do you have a better source for stat priority on fragments? sadly, i have yet to see ANY death fragment with critpower on it so i have been unable to compare for myself

Quote Originally Posted by coodey View Post
    Hello,

I'm being told crit power is better to build over physical crit, but I'm having a hard time understanding why. As with most, if not all other games, with builds based around crit, you want to get the highest possible soft cap crit rate with a good amount of crit damage. Once you have decent gear you then min/max for the highest of both.

My guess is because in raids you get crit chance boosted through others? If this is the case, what are the buffs given? Or an easier question, how much crit chance should I be aiming for? I need to know so I can spec proper essences and fragments.

Thank you!
    Just to clear things up about aiming towards 9k cp and going for bis for each fragment slot from relies above, while of course its not pure cp primary fragments that we are going for when aiming towards 9k cp, but most cp primary fragments also with decent secondary stats are what i would recommend.
    Pupueffekt@Laethys TD 4/4 IROTP 4/4
    Orphanage - Laethys Rift美服华人工会 You can you up, No can no bb

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Neurotix View Post
    hi, the information source i have says that the death fragments give best crit power... is this bad info? do you have a better source for stat priority on fragments? sadly, i have yet to see ANY death fragment with critpower on it so i have been unable to compare for myself
    Death does give the most CP, but it's not necessarily what you want. You want what's best for your class in each slot, and most of the time at this point in the expansion, it's not CP.

Have a look at my thread here and this might help you decide It also has most of the numbers for how much CP a frag can have on it in the workings.
    Last edited by Archyface; 12-19-2016 at 02:43 AM.
    Archy Mage, Face, Prime, Primal Rouge, Rogue, Eric, W, @ Laethys --- Nefarious ---

Death does give the most CP, but it's not necessarily what you want. You want what's best for your class in each slot, and most of the time at this point in the expansion, it's not CP.

Have a look at my thread here and this might help you decide It also has most of the numbers for how much CP a frag can have on it in the workings.
    BTW the link doesn't work Archy, it's just for guildies.
    Legendary Arkkam, The Dragon Tamer.
    Cleric of Inner Circle, Gelidra.
    Formerly known as Franark of Apotheosys, Typhiria

Plane Walker

In my singature you can find the link for the Warrior Spreadsheet for SFP. I have implemented a similar table on the Fragments sheet and if you input all your gear in your copy of the sheet, and press the big orange button for weights, it should tell you which fragment primaries should be the best option for you.

If the whole thing is a bit too confusing, you can find the guide for the spreadsheet on it's Home sheet. On the other hand if you just want to have a quick glance at the Fragments sheet and the table, you can as well. By default the weights used are for the gear selected on the DPS sheet, which is pretty much BiS pve + some random mixed fragments. It should be very similar to Archyface's results.
    <Tyael@Gelidra>
    ...Stack on 8...

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Shelenia View Post
    BTW the link doesn't work Archy, it's just for guildies.
    Oops thanks. That's my other version Fixed the link.

+ Reply to Thread