+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
Like Tree34Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Warchanter Feedback Thread

1.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #1
    Rift Team

Default Warchanter Feedback Thread

Warchanter is now in open beta on PTS so this is the place to give feedback and suggestions!
    Lead Systems Designer - RIFT

Shadowlander

Aoe damage is insane while healing, i'm healing myself while having stand tall! on my self. I do around 110k aoe damage on 8 targets, that is slightly op for a healer.

Champion

Pro:
    - new soul

Con:
    -new soul no one asked for and wanted
    -only usable in pvp

<Transcendent>

Quote Originally Posted by Filri View Post
    Pro:
    - new soul

Con:
    -new soul no one asked for and wanted
    -only usable in pvp
    Okay, what am I missing? Why is it only good for PvP?

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by Necalli View Post
    Okay, what am I missing? Why is it only good for PvP?
    Purifier. /10chars

Quote Originally Posted by Aayden View Post
    Purifier. /10chars
    Maybe I've had more to drink than I thought. I'm not getting it, sorry.

Are they just a Purifier knock off?

Rift Chaser

Maybe I've had more to drink than I thought. I'm not getting it, sorry.

Are they just a Purifier knock off?
    Purifier is the undisputed king of tank healing. Unless they nerf it, warchanter won't be used in raid.

Purifier is the undisputed king of tank healing. Unless they nerf it, warchanter won't be used in raid.
    Oh, interesting, So then Physician, Warchanter, and Frostkeeper will all end up in the same boat then?

Rift Chaser

Oh, interesting, So then Physician, Warchanter, and Frostkeeper will all end up in the same boat then?
    unless there are puri changes, yes that is correct.

unless there are puri changes, yes that is correct.
    Well... those are three paid souls from two different packs. So....

So T3 raids are the only content in RIFT now, and all souls should be balanced around what that requires? Got it.

I for one am looking forward to using this soul in IAs, open world, NTEs, and maybe T1 (and maybe PvP, but I only grudgingly do that now).

Champion

Quote Originally Posted by forbiddenlake View Post
    I for one am looking forward to using this soul in IAs, open world, NTEs, and maybe T1 (and maybe PvP, but I only grudgingly do that now).
    All those that you mentioned can Liberator do better.

IA is very rare that only one person will get heavy damage, and you can heal that as Liberator more effectively, because you will also heal the raid dmg away while perfectly heal a tank.
    NTE same as above, thereīs no heavy damage. And why punish your self to play a fully ST heal spec in NTE, when nearly every boss has AE and lets your whole group drop, when you just can play liberator and passively heal them.

And it doesnīt matter if its T1,T2,T3 or any other lvl 50 or 60 raid, there is just no encounter where a Warchanter is viable due to the current DMG Meta.

Even a Soul similar to Defiler would have been nice, you could use that anywhere. But Warchanter will only be useful in PvP, and thereīs itīs gonna be really good.
    Last edited by Filri; 03-18-2016 at 05:51 AM.

<Transcendent>

So here's a complete write up of the Warchanter Soul as of 03/18/2016.

Level 62 Mastery - Physiology Proficiency
    * Tactical Rest now causes your next 3 finishers to critically hit.

Each Point in Warchanter:
    Increases Healing and Absorption done by 1%.

Tree:
    Well Honed Blades - Tier 1 - 5 Points
    Increases AP and Weapon Damage by 2/4/6/8/10%.

Uplifting Words - Tier 1 5 Points
    Increases Healing by 1/2/3/4/5%.

Call to Action - Tier 2 - 3 Points
    We Stand United now heals for 3/6/9% more.

Combat Medic - Tier 2 - 2 Points
    Seasoned Strike and Survivor's Slash deal 10/20% more damage.

Unity - Tier 2 - 5 Points
    Stand Tall increases the healing the target receives by 1/2/3/4/5%.

Vim - Tier 3 - 5 Points
    Using an Encouragement gives you a stack of Vigor. Stack of Vigor increase your healing by 1/2/3/4/5% per stack. Max 2 stacks. Lasts 6s.

United Strike - Tier 3 - 2 Points - Requires: Stand and Deliver
    Stand and Deliver cooldown is reduced by 1/2 second/s and damage is increased by 10/20%.

Stand and Deliver - Tier 3 - 1 Point - Instant - Cooldown 6s - Costs 22 Power
    Deals 13807 to 14086 plus weapon damage in a 5m area around your Stand Tall targets. Awards 1 Attack Point.

Unshakable Line - Tier 4 - 2 Points
    Phalanx now grants an additional 5/10% damage resistance.

Enduring Chants - Tier 4 - 5 Points
    Your Stand Tall duration is increased by 6/12/18/24/30 seconds.

Comradery - Tier 5 - 2 Points
    Encouraging Cries now reduces your cooldowns by .5/1s more seconds.

Best Laid Plans - Tier 5 - 1 Point - Instant - 20 Power.
    Healing an ally who is below 50% HP causes you to heal them for 5% more. Lasts 1h.

Military Stance - Tier 5 - 3 Points
    Stand Tall now heals for 10/20/30% more.

Bottomless Reserves - Tier 6 - 2 Points
    Survivor's Slash has an 11/22/33% chance to immediately refund 3 Attack Points.

Infallible - Tier 6 - 3 Points - Requires: Best Laid Plans
    Bonus healing from Best Laid Plans is increased to 10/15/20%.

Unfailing - Tier 6 - 3 Points
    Don't Give Up has a 2/4/6 second shorter cooldown.

I Believe in You! - Tier 7 - 2 Points
    Targets of your Stand Tall are also granted and absorb for 10/20% of the amount it heals for.

Ecstatic Cooperation - Tier 7 - 3 Points
    Your healing also heals yourself for 3/6/9% of the amount healed.

Invigorating Speech - Tier 8 - 5 Points
    The bonus from Moving Words is increased by 1/2/3/4/5%.

Battlesong - Tier 9 - 1 Point - Instant - Cost 22 Power
    Using an Encouragement causes the Warchanter and any Standing Tall allies to deal 9271 to 9459 plus weapon damage in a 5m are around them. Lasts 1h.

Root:
    0 Points: Seasoned Strike - Instant - Cost 10 Power
    Deals 9271 to 9458 plus weapon damage. Awards 1 Attack Point

2 Points: Survivor's Slash - Instant - Cost 10 Power
    Strike for weapon plus Physical damage:
    1 Point: 10718 damage. 2 Points: 13770 damage. 3 Points: 18367 damage.

2 Points: Deep Breaths - Toggle - Cost 100 Power
    Reduces the duration of the Global Cooldown for Warchanter abilities by 0.5 seconds. Reduces Power Regeneration by 75%. Allows the use of Stand Tall.

2 Points: Stand Tall! - Instant - No Global Cooldown - Cooldown 4s - Cost 20 Power - Range: 35m
    Restores 1483 health every 3 seconds. Your Encouragements are more effective on allies who are under the effects of "Stand Tall!". Limit 1 target at a time.

4 Points: I'm with you! - Instant - Cost 25 Power - Range: 35m
    Restores 20300 to 20710 health. Encouragement. This healing is increased by 30% on allies affected by your "Stand Tall!" Awards 1 Attack Point.

6 Points: We Stand United - Instant - No Global Cooldown - Cost 5 Power - Range: 35m
    Your target is healed for 28696 and receives an absorb that absorbs 85% of incoming damage, up to 15836. This absorb may stack up to 3 times. Requires 1 Attack Point. Critical Strikes of We Stand United cause your next I'm With You! to cost no energy. This effect can stack up to 2 times. This ability is not affected by the global cooldown.

8 Points: We'll get through this! - Instant - No Global Cooldown - Cooldown 20s - Cost 20 Power - Range: 35m
    Increases the damage resistance of the target by 3% for 22s. Encouragement. This effect is doubled on targets who are affected by "Stand Tall!".

12 Points: Encouraging Cries - Instant
    Using a finisher reduces the cooldown of your Encouragements by 3s. This effect is doubled for Survivor's Slash. This effect can only be triggered every 4.5 seconds.

14 Points: We Won't Falter - Cast time 1.5s - Cost 9 Power - Range: 35m
    Restores 11301 to 11529 health. Encouragement. This healing is increased by 30% of allies affected by your "Stand Tall!" Awards 1 Attack Point.

16 Points: Phalanx - Instant - No Global Cooldown - Cooldown 1m, 30s - Cost 20 Power - Range: 35m
    Increase the damage resistance of the target by 20% for 8s. Encouragement.

18 Points: Catch Your Breath! - Cast time 1s - Cost 0 Power - Range 35m
    Restores 7894 to 8054 health. Encouragement. This healing is increased by 30% on allies affected by your "Stand Tall!" Restores 15 Power.

20 Points: Get in there! - Instant - Cost 10 Power - Range: 35m
    Removes 1 Curse, Poison or Disease.

24 Points: Don't give up! - Instant - No Global Cooldown - Cooldown 18s - Cost 20 Power - Range: 35m
    Absorbs 85% of incoming damage for up to 18266. Lasts 30s. Encouragement. This effect is doubled on targets who are affected by "Stand Tall!".

28 Points: Bond of Brotherhood - Instant - No Global Cooldown - Cooldown 1m - Cost 20 Power - Range: 35m
    For 15s your healing is increased by up to 15%. If your target is within 5m this bonus is doubled.

30 Points: We Are Unbowed! - Instant - No Global Cooldown - Cost 11 Power - Range: 35m
    Your target is healed for 38142 over 12 seconds. Requires 2 Attack Points.

32 Points: Tactical Rest - 3s Channel - Cooldown 15s - Cost 0 Power
    Restores 100 Power over 3 seconds and generates 3 AP. If fully channeled, causes your next 2 Warchanter Finishers to automatically Crit.

36 Points: Stand and Fight! - Instant - Cooldown 5m - Cost 20 Power - Range: 35m
    Brings the fallen ally back to life, restoring 50% health and mana. Usable is combat.

38 Points: Moving Words
    When you activate a Warrior Finisher the healing caused by "!'m With You!" and "We Won't Falter!" is increased by 5% for 20s.

40 Points: I'm your shield! - Instant - No Global Cooldown - Cooldown 2m - Cost 20 Power - Range: 35m
    Intercepts 30% of damage taken by the ally. You take 100% of the intercepted damage. Lasts 6 seconds.

44 Points: Excellent Strike! - Instant - Cost 20 Power - Range: 35m
    Restores health each time target ally deals damage.
    1 Point: 10 seconds. 2 Points: 20 seconds. 3 Points: 30 seconds.

52 Points: Brush it Off! - Instant - Cooldown 10s - Cost 10 Power
    Removes 1 Curse, Disease, or Poison from up to 10 party or raid members.

56 Points: Nobody Backs Down! - Instant - No Global Cooldown - Cooldown 2m - Cost 22 Power - Range: 35m
    All allies within 35m gain an absorb that absorbs 85% of incoming damage, up to 16440. Encouragement. Allies who are under the effect of Stand Tall! are granted an absorb that absorbs up to 32881.

61 Points: Turn the Tide! - Instant - No Global Cooldown - Cooldown 1m, 30s - Cost 20 Power - Range: 35m
    Restored 171816 health immediately. Encouragement. Overhealing by this ability is converted into an absorb that absorbs 85% of incoming damage on the target.
    Last edited by Burninalways; 03-18-2016 at 07:30 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by forbiddenlake View Post
    So T3 raids are the only content in RIFT now, and all souls should be balanced around what that requires? Got it.
    That is the big problem with rift and other games with 90% Raid focused content, unless you raid there is really no reason to progress/play.
    H / K O X B O X

Quote Originally Posted by SprawlnBrawl View Post
    Sounds like this may be me, no I'm not a bot just have a higher density of fast twitch muscle fibers compared to the average human

Enduring Chants is bugged.

Suggestions:
    Remove the global cooldown from Deep Breaths and reduce it's power cost to 80 so we can at least cast Stand Tall! then be able to use Catch Your Breath! to get our power back up.

If you don't want people to toggle off Deep Breaths right after Stand Tall! make it so when it goes Stand Tall! goes too.

We Won't Falter! shouldn't have a cast time as it does half as much healing than I'm with you! and your not going to use it because of the cast time.
    Change it so I'm with you! has the cast time as it the better ability then we can use We Won't Falter! as our mobile spam ability.

This will help a lot with power management.

Now if I'm with you! has the cast time make it provide 2 attack points instead of one and swap them in the root to account for the change.

Fix the Stand Tall! tootip to say it lasts for 30s.
    Last edited by Burninalways; 03-18-2016 at 08:54 AM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast