+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast
Like Tree34Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Warchanter Feedback Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Akatenshin View Post
    Yes i'm talking about deep breath.
    here is the french version
    You may not speak french, but i think you can easly translate yourself :
    "Activation impossible en cours de combat."
    into
    "Activation impossible during a fight"
    Translation mistake.

This is the tooltip in English:

Reduces the duration of the Global Cooldown for Warchanter abilities by 0.5 seconds. Reduces Power Regeneration by 75%. Allows the use of Stand Tall.

Yes i'm talking about deep breath.
    here is the french version
    You may not speak french, but i think you can easly translate yourself :
    "Activation impossible en cours de combat."
    into
    "Activation impossible during a fight"
    The non-english tooltips did not get modified after the ability got changed. Initially you could not use deep breaths in combat, but as of about 2 weeks ago you could but they put the high energy cost there. So you are not crazy to read ur tooltips and assume it was not usable in combat.
    Those that can, do. Those that can't, write guides on the forums.
    Quote Originally Posted by TrionBrasse View Post
    In all seriousness, we don't expect everyone to still be playing SFP

There is one thing that really bothers me with this soul - the names of abilities. Am I the only one who thinks Cheerleader would be a more fitting name than Warchanter?

Quote Originally Posted by Ethaar View Post
    There is one thing that really bothers me with this soul - the names of abilities. Am I the only one who thinks Cheerleader would be a more fitting name than Warchanter?
    I'm sure there will be a wardrobe set to further this line of thought

Quote Originally Posted by Riane View Post
    Yeah... let's not.

Aight...Nerf Flame of Life.
    Last edited by Alastair; 03-20-2016 at 06:17 AM.

When it comes to ST healer there's just 1 question to ask: Is it AS GOOD AS or maybe BETTER than Purifier?

The current answer is NO for both, which means its useless raid spec and only viable for PvP, NTE and open world content, but we have Liberator already and for me as an endgame raider this spec brings nothing to the table, maybe only offspec for 61 Liberator.
    ------------------------------------------------------
    Sahtiar the Green Knight - Khalim'na
    ------------------------------------------------------

Quote Originally Posted by Alastair View Post
    Aight...Nerf Flame of Life.
    I'll say this like I've said before: Not every soul has to be equal to another in existence and there are very few encounters in current tier that actually need Flame of Life. Ignoring the 5% increase in damage done for 6s, the heal itself is something easily managed by raid healers.

In fact, I'd say that the only encounter that would need a Purifier is if you're hitting enrage during Dark Genesis and need to survive the Enrage Blast for a few seconds, so you have Beastmaster CDs up and then around :58/59s pop Flame of Life for those select few to survive.

It also makes it slightly easier on Pillars just after Trial of Brutality.

And after all of that, there is still Paladin's Life's Rapture ;).

tl;dr As someone who plays Purifier nonstop, Flame of Life isn't needed. That's why I said yeah, no. Granted, I wouldn't be opposed to it being added but it (FoL) needs to stop being accounted for in raiding encounters in general. That is when you can actually warrant other tank healers.
    Last edited by Riane; 03-20-2016 at 08:01 AM.

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by Sahtiaro View Post
    When it comes to ST healer there's just 1 question to ask: Is it AS GOOD AS or maybe BETTER than Purifier?

The current answer is NO for both, which means its useless raid spec and only viable for PvP, NTE and open world content, but we have Liberator already and for me as an endgame raider this spec brings nothing to the table, maybe only offspec for 61 Liberator.
    Aren't you 100 percent happy that you'll have to drop 50 bucks for a 15 point offspec?? I love it! /s

Can we conclude that only "hardcore pvp libs" are gonna be using warchanter already? There's no way any guild will use a warchanter over a puri in raid(unless they have no clerics).
    Last edited by Redfoxx; 03-20-2016 at 10:52 AM.

WarChanter looks and feels pretty good aside from some potency tweaks. The style feels good, the complexity feels good, and I really think it could shape up to be a very enjoyable spec.

That said, this spec will not dethrone Purifier in it's current form. One of the reasons I think much of the community is so excited for new souls is because a lot of times new souls will change the way we play the game and the makeups that we use and will usually offer callings the ability to compete with other callings for the same roles.

Right now we have a fundamental problem with tank healing in progression content. Bleeding edge progression will not use ANY other tank healer than Purifier currently. Is it possible? probably, but it's not even close as to which is the best for raw tank healing/shielding power and utility. There are two issues I see with WarChanter, Frostkeeper, and any other tank healing spec up and coming to try and compete with Purifier..

1.) Purifier is a relatively easy spec to play. The skill floor is pretty low. When you add things like WarChanter where you actively have to manage energy, and keep track of a 60s buff on your tank among other punishing mechanics, it makes for some intense/challenging, but engaging gameplay, but it also introduces a much higher percentage of mistakes and lower percentage of players who will actually be able to play this efficiently/effectively in any kind of end game content. I like these types of specs, however I, and some of the other people who may or may not play Rift a little too much do not make up the majority of the player base. If you want to facilitate options for content, in my opinion there needs to be even skill floors between specs with different gameplay styles, or you'll end up with Purifier still being the king of tank healing with its vastly more simple gameplay.

2.) Purifier possess tools that give way too much blanket insurance in raids. Flame of Life will literally save 10 people from being killed on all but the most harsh mechanics, and has been a staple of the spec for a long time. This needs to be changed, or a rival ability needs to be added. Regardless of it's "Crutch" status, it exists, and people will absolutely refuse to bring another tank healer because of skills like this paired with it's unmatched eHP increases and mitigation. Along these lines is Latent Blaze. Coupled with Flashover and Touch of Light, you have an instant cast auto crit sub 30% health triggered heal skill that will generally heal a tank to full or almost full. This bad boy lasts 5 minutes and can be recast every 45s. This is another example of a skill that will need to be rivaled or changed in order to change the tank healing meta. Because as it stands, again regardless of it's "Crutch" status, if you have a Purifier (and you generally will for any kind of relevant progression content) he or she will undoubtedly be using Latent Blaze.

I applaud you for the style and gameplay of WarChanter. It looks great and I look forward to doing more testing, but if you want souls like this to succeed and really offer your players other options for ALL content, other than clearing NTE's or Instant Adventures or other trivial content, of which Liberator would probably do a better job anyway, then I would humbly suggest you take a look at the bar that Purifier has set, and adjust the WarChanter to compete from an eHP, skill floor, and utility standpoint, or it won't be used as often as you would have liked.

I hope all that makes sense.
    Are you a player looking for class guides and other Rift content?
    ChamberDown Youtube Channel

Are you a new/returning player? Check out all the souls in Rift!
    All Callings/Souls in Rift!

Quote Originally Posted by ChamberDown View Post
    Along these lines is Latent Blaze. Coupled with Flashover and Touch of Light, you have an instant cast auto crit sub 30% health triggered heal skill that will generally heal a tank to full or almost full. This bad boy lasts 5 minutes and can be recast every 45s. This is another example of a skill that will need to be rivaled or changed in order to change the tank healing meta.
    While Warchanter doesn't have it's own variant of Latent Blaze, it does have extremely potent abilities in it's arsenal (albeit it can change to something else in the interim.)

Warchanter is more reactive, especially with the current form of the 61 point Turn the Tide!. Still not sure I feel it warrants being a 61 point though.

And you're right about a few of your points. Right now Warchanter is a little too clunky for the average player. I don't see a problem maintaining Stand Tall! on a tank, but I do have a slight issue with having to manage the mitigation buff when 2 other classes apply it passively (one while a buff is active, the other from simply healing.)

Minor things like that are why it's great to go on the PTS to test it out and play with it so you can give feedback on specific abilities and what you think can be improved on it. Especially helpful if you play other tank healing souls like Purifier, Physician, and Preserver. PPP. Clearly we need to rename Warchanter to something with a P...

tl;dr I wouldn't mind seeing Purifier adjusted slightly to accommodate for other tank healers. Or rather.. encounters should no longer be balanced around Purifier (which is easier now given we have Preserver and Warchanter in the mix, sorry Phys, I still hate Rogues.). It's why I couldn't swap to Primalist; Preserver wasn't going to replace it in the current form it is.
    Last edited by Riane; 03-20-2016 at 04:24 PM.

Soulwalker

While Warchanter doesn't have it's own variant of Latent Blaze, it does have extremely potent abilities in it's arsenal (albeit it can change to something else in the interim.)
    latent blaze requier no skill, requier nothing, Can be apply before fight start. Requier no reactivity or work if computer/internet/server lag. Warchanter need to do the same reactivity also requier energie/combo points, requier range with target, smooth connection and good ips.

Purifier is broken.
    All i see in warchenter so far is a offsoul for liberator. Oh wait... nobody play liberator in a decent raid.
    So far i see no reason to buy this soul. It's not a bad spec. just that other class do same and much more (burst raid, buff raid, passif dmg...)

Oh wait... nobody play liberator in a decent raid.
    Plenty of raids utilize Liberators for PVE encounters, and plenty play it in PVP.

Champion

All i see in warchenter so far is a offsoul for liberator. Oh wait... nobody play liberator in a decent raid.
    There are right now a few encounters in T3 where you can play it (Pagura, Lord Arak, Lady Envy and Enigma)
    But you would never use Warchanter as Offsoul, rather 15 Reaver and 0 Paragon
    Last edited by Filri; 03-21-2016 at 11:38 AM.

<Transcendent>

Rift Chaser

uhh...do you raid? Liberator is used all the time

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast