+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast
Like Tree34Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Warchanter Feedback Thread

We Are Unbowed! doesn't show on the target even though the hot is ticking
    Ekhstaz@gelidra 65 1600 hit, Crabz@gelidra 65 1425 hit, Herpx@gelidra 65 1475 hit,
    Syphillyx@gelidra 65 1525 hit, Chlamz@gelidra 65 1400 hit
    HARSHMALLOWS CoA 4/4 (HM), MoM 9/9

Way too many to actual contribute to a post buuuuut here is my google document however here's a few:
    • Phalanx! can stack with itself from multiple Warchanters, and the duration of the buff gets refreshed (1 WC: 30% mit for 8s, 2 WC: 30% mit for 7s and 60% mit for 8s afterwards, and so on).
    • We Are Unbowed! is not being affected by the Precision Strikes mastery to increase duration of HoTs (12s increased to 18s), however, Stand Tall! is (1m to 1m06s).
    • We Are Unbowed! doesn’t display in the default Rift UI for buffs (or target portrait) and any add-ons that can track the HoT for “We Are Unbowed!” However, it does display in the scrolling text combat and combat log.
    • Don’t give up! absorb value is not being doubled when applied on a target that has Stand Tall! It’s only buffing it close to 30%.
    • Turn the Tide! shielding buff on the target lasts for 30s but is not stated on the tooltip itself.
    • Battlesong and Aegis of Sanctuary self buffs do not stack.

Some of it also has my personal notes/references but yeah.

We Won't Falter! shouldn't have a cast time as it does half as much healing than I'm with you! and your not going to use it because of the cast time.
    Change it so I'm with you! has the cast time as it the better ability then we can use We Won't Falter! as our mobile spam ability.
    We Won't Falter has 9 power to I'm with you! costing 25 power. I think it's a bit of a fair trade off that an instant cast ability costs that much. I would actually just increase the percentage it receives for having Stand Tall! activated to 50% rather than 30%. I was getting crit heals for 35k for WWF without Stand Tall! up so I think that'd be the better adjustment.

Remove the global cooldown from Deep Breaths and reduce it's power cost to 80 so we can at least cast Stand Tall! then be able to use Catch Your Breath! to get our power back up.
    Are you not using Tactical Rest?
    Last edited by Riane; 03-18-2016 at 10:29 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Riane View Post
    Remove the global cooldown from Deep Breaths and reduce it's power cost to 80 so we can at least cast Stand Tall! then be able to use Catch Your Breath! to get our power back up.
    Are you not using Tactical Rest?
    You have to wait for the 1.5s global cooldown before using a ability then another 2s to get enough power from Tactical Rest in order to start healing.

The goal is to remove that 3.5s and get straight into healing while still using Deep Breaths.

Quote Originally Posted by Burninalways View Post
    You have to wait for the 1.5s global cooldown before using a ability then another 2s to get enough power from Tactical Rest in order to start healing.

The goal is to remove that 3.5s and get straight into healing while still using Deep Breaths.
    Actually, just putting Deep Breaths OGCD would be fine, but you should still use Tactical Rest if you're just initially buffing or rebuffing.

There should be a consequence here and to prevent people from toggling Deep Breaths.

5.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #20

The Power cost of Deep Breaths is a penalty. It is designed to punish people who are deactivating it (or forgetting, definitely try not to do that). As a rule of thumb, you should never deactivate it as a Warchanter. If you are battle rezzed you will need to spend those seconds to recharge before you get back in the action.
    Systems Designer - Rift
    Warriors and Rogues for life!

Quote Originally Posted by Riane View Post
    There should be a consequence here and to prevent people from toggling Deep Breaths.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keyens View Post
    The Power cost of Deep Breaths is a penalty. It is designed to punish people who are deactivating it (or forgetting, definitely try not to do that). As a rule of thumb, you should never deactivate it as a Warchanter.
    That's why toggling off Deep Breath should remove Stand Tall!, it's the whole reason you are even using Deep Breath in the first place.

Otherwise you get this rotation of toggle on Deep Breath, apply Stand Tall!, and toggle off Deep Breath repeating this every 60s regardless of the Power cost as Tactical Rest will get you back to max.

If you are battle rezzed you will need to spend those seconds to recharge before you get back in the action.
    If Deep Breath doesn't last though death then you have to wait to be at 100 Power, then lose 100 Power activating Deep Breath and then reagain that 100 Power to start healing.

More of a problem than a punishment.
    Last edited by Burninalways; 03-18-2016 at 01:44 PM.

If Deep Breath doesn't last though death then you have to wait to be at 100 Power, then lose 100 Power activating Deep Breath and then reagain that 100 Power to start healing.

More of problem than a punishment.

You actually don't need any buffs to start healing again. You can easily get a battle rez, cast healing abilities and let your energy naturally regenerate at the normal rate and then apply Deep Breaths and get back into the flow of things. Or you know.. just use Tactical Rest.

Sure, Stand Tall! increases Encouragements but you can still use all of the abilities (excluding Stand Tall!). But you aren't blocked from using healing abiltiies.
    Last edited by Riane; 03-18-2016 at 01:46 PM.

Or just don't die. That's always a solution.

Soulwalker

#show We Won't Falter!
    Suppressmacrofailures
    cast We Won't Falter!
    cast Catch Your Breath!

We Won't Falter! (cast time changed to 1sec and read reduces the cast time of I'm with you by 1 sec)
    Catch Your Breath! Cost 5 power and cast time 0 ( used for on the move healing)

#show I'm with you!
    Suppressmacrofailures
    cast We Stand United!
    cast I'm with you! / Cast time moved to 2 sec ( it can be reduced to instant cast using We Won't Falter)

There is no AOE heal at all in this configuration. Example Glacial Maw first boss. How would I ever recover my group back to full and keep my tank up during the run phase? The current setup for heals makes even this dungeon UN-doable. The changes above at least give you a chance to keep your tank up and move while power managing. An AOE finsher would give the balance it is missing. Even Puri has a 65 mastery that makes up for its lack of AOE healing, thus allowing it to be usable in experts.

A finisher that is AOE would be useful. Then I can at least heal my group back up. What is the point of AP in this build. The only skill using AP is a HOT and a DPS finisher. I am a healer, how much of my time do I get to do damage?

We are Unbound is a 2 AP finisher that is a hot. The spike damage in the game is to much to waste AP on a hot. The hot does not even stack which would give some reason to want to use it.

Survivor Slash should be a range finisher to have use in 90% of the game fights. With no ST healing finisher, no AOE healing finisher and a complete waste of AP, the core mechanic of warriors. This St healing spec is light years behind Lib.

We Won't Falter! (cast time changed to 1sec and read reduces the cast time of I'm with you by 1 sec)
    Catch Your Breath! Cost 5 power and cast time 0 ( used for on the move healing)
    Did you read what Catch Your Breath! is for? It's a 0 cost 1s cast time ability that you can utilize on your Stand Tall! target to regenerate your power. Every cast is 15 power restored.

We Won't Falter! shouldn't really be changed because it has a lower power cost than I'm with you! which is entirely fine right now. The only adjustment I think WWF needs is the value increased that it heals (30% to 40% or even 50%) as an encouragement to use the ability.

There is no AOE heal at all in this configuration. Example Glacial Maw first boss. How would I ever recover my group back to full and keep my tank up during the run phase?
    That's when you have to get creative and play around with the spec a little more. Just like Preservers, Sentinel, and even Purifier (taking Flame of Life out of this equation.)

Your largest heal is I'm with you! that hits very hard; I was duo'd in Return to Empyrean Core last night and this is how I splash healed myself along with using Nobody Backs Down! to absorb the splash damage during the boss LOS mechanics.

You can also maintain We are Unbowed! on multiple targets, and in the current iteration on the PTS, you can top up people with We Stand United! since it currently has no CD and is OGCD. This is a HUGE heal + shield that you can top up people with.

Alternatively, you don't have to be 61 Warchanter for experts. You can give up Turn the Tide! for Deliverance in Liberator.

Suggestion: Change Turn the tide into raid heal cd.

BUG: Stand tall does not properly increase absorb amount of Don't give up!

Quote Originally Posted by Alastair View Post
    Suggestion: Change Turn the tide into raid heal cd.

BUG: Stand tall does not properly increase absorb amount of Don't give up!
    Yeah... let's not.

PS - Already mentioned ;)

Soulwalker

If you are battle rezzed you will need to spend those seconds to recharge before you get back in the action.
    Sry, i may have wrong, but it specified on skill, you cant activate it in combat. So i try do nothing and hope that boss dont put me in fight ?
    also this is why you cant do the activate/stand/désactivate trick. Well you can, but you wont be able to refresh it.
    (i may miss something, i'm not pro)

Quote Originally Posted by Akatenshin View Post
    Sry, i may have wrong, but it specified on skill, you cant activate it in combat. So i try do nothing and hope that boss dont put me in fight ?
    also this is why you cant do the activate/stand/désactivate trick. Well you can, but you wont be able to refresh it.
    (i may miss something, i'm not pro)
    Are you referencing Stand and Fight!? The ability is a battle rez on someone that dies and you can use it in combat (thus "Usable in combat") and outside of combat.

There are no Warchanter abilities that require you to be in or out of combat. You can use Deep Breaths so long as you have the power required to toggle it ;)
    Last edited by Riane; 03-19-2016 at 02:36 PM.

Soulwalker

Yes i'm talking about deep breath.
    here is the french version
    You may not speak french, but i think you can easly translate yourself :
    "Activation impossible en cours de combat."
    into
    "Activation impossible during a fight"

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast