+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Repster

Thread: Tank Spreadsheet

Shadowlander

Default Tank Spreadsheet

Does anyone know of or have a spreadsheet for tanks like the dps one. I haven't found one and I'd really like to know what to look for in gear to start my warrior down a VK tank path. I know that endurance and guard are tops but at what point do I need block, dodge, str, armor?
    Are there caps on any of these I need to hit before tanking NTE's. Other than 800hit Should I just craft gear and then upgrade it or just craft it and take what upgrades come from NTE's?

Phs

Guard caps at 12% (3,904) You won't get it without raid gear.

Guard/HP > all (Dodge > Block)

+ a spreadsheet like that would focus on raiding not dungeons :\

Shadowlander

I Understand it would be focused on raiding. I do like how the DPS spreadsheet for warriors is done and it allows for you to plug in gear you have and has alot of gear already plugged in to make it easier to see the upgrades. I think thats more what I am looking for is a gear guide than anything.
    I can craft a starting set, but is it better to upgrade that set or just run NTE's for drops or some combination of both.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Cadde View Post
    Does anyone know of or have a spreadsheet for tanks like the dps one.

Should I just craft gear and then upgrade it or just craft it and take what upgrades come from NTE's?
    It's unnecessary to have a tank spreadsheet. Tanks take what drops, whatever they are doing. No need to seek out specific gear (except maybe trinkets). Armor/Resistance, Endurance, Guard. You ignore everything else. 3 stats is not hard to figure out unlike DPS gear where you haven Str, Dex, AP, Crit, and CP and your Spec to consider sometimes even Endurance matters for DPS during progression.

In fact, it's VERY easy for a Tank. All you need is a quick glance. More armor means a higher tier of gear, which means more endurance then the previous tier on it. More armor? Unless it's a DPS piece, It's an upgrade. Same armor? That's when you look at Guard and Endurance, and see which one is better there. If one has guard, and the other does not, the guard piece wins. If both have Guard or both have something else, the one with more endurance wins.

Replace Armor with resistance for accessories.

Yes. This does mean that that Int/Wis ring is an upgrade over your current Str heavy ring. You probably should check with the rest of the group before taking it though. People get *****y an annoying about you taking upgrades that they consider are for "their class" whether or not they actually would use it.

Anyway, gear to start with. Craft it. Upgrade it (first step only is needed if I remember right). Get a set of decent essences, grind 65 Chronicles and 65 Regular dungeons to fill up any missing slots, or start with that and fill the rest with crafted.

Rune everything with endurance. Not the best runes, obviously since your going to replace that gear, a maybe a few cheap orbs.

Good way to check how your doing is to open up the Rift Store, and look at the gear you can buy with dungeon marks (blanking on the name right now). That's the gear you GET for DOING experts so it's better then what you need to do it in the first place.

After all it would be impossible to do experts if you would need the gear from experts to do experts, and it would then offer barely any incentive for a tank to do more then daily quest experts if they already had all the gear before going in. Which is a TERRIBLE way to establish and keep a healthy pool of tanks going.

So yeah, about Mark Gear level for pugs (becasue **** pugs and expecting you to have Raid gear to do Expert Dungeons), and a step below for guild runs.
    Last edited by Repster; 10-31-2015 at 09:32 AM.
    Burst before or after Rift implosion, never both.

Shadowlander

Thank you for the advice. I will be crafting a starter set. I see the crafted gear doesn't have a lot of pieces with Guard on them, so I see where I will be upgrading most gear to gear with guard if armor and endurance are the same or slightly worse.

Mealrain and Ferboten need to make a comeback.
    "I love being a father, but there are some things I miss: Silence, the absence of noise, one single moment undisturbed by the sounds of a childrens’ TV program called Doc McStuffins. There is no quiet anymore, there is only Doc McStuffins.
    — Ron Swanson, 2014

+ Reply to Thread