+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Like Tree11Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Important bug with 2hand weapons

Quote Originally Posted by Pinsen View Post
    Ohhhh were gonna get fixed all right...

you're presuming we still have the same dev

Just posting nothing to test something.

3.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #48
    Rift Team

Ok, so it took some digging but I, with the help of one of our engineers, was able to figure out what exactly was causing the issue. I'm hoping that we'll get a PTS update tomorrow so you guys can test it to make sure that it's working as intended so I can push it live next week.

Shield of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Vladd View Post
    Ok, so it took some digging but I, with the help of one of our engineers, was able to figure out what exactly was causing the issue. I'm hoping that we'll get a PTS update tomorrow so you guys can test it to make sure that it's working as intended so I can push it live next week.
    Thanks for the update.

Any luck with the Icy Burst crit rate?

5.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #50
    Rift Team

Quote Originally Posted by Attillaa View Post
    Thanks for the update.

Any luck with the Icy Burst crit rate?
    I haven't gotten back to it yet. Kinda low on the totem pole compared to other bugs at the moment. QA had pounded on it prior to me leaving for home and had erratic results to say the least.

Also, I finished getting in the changes for Warrior finishers so fingers crossed for a PTS update tomorrow to test it.

Rift Disciple

Was this issue affecting rogues too or is this warriors specific bug?

Shield of Telara

I haven't gotten back to it yet. Kinda low on the totem pole compared to other bugs at the moment. QA had pounded on it prior to me leaving for home and had erratic results to say the least.

Also, I finished getting in the changes for Warrior finishers so fingers crossed for a PTS update tomorrow to test it.
    What is the timeline for something low on the totem pole? I'm afraid that you spent time on it, realized it wasn't an easy fix, and then moved on means you might not be coming back to it. I'll be happy so long as 'low on totem pole' =/= 'it took to long to try and reproduce so we are moving on to other things and hoping people forget'.

After seeing the way you were able to fix my complaint about debilitating poison being overpowered by slightly lowering it's ability to drain a healer and keep them at zero mana and, in the process, giving it an incredible burst potential, I'd like to complain about this warrior bug being overpowered in some manner and request a similar fix.

Thanks for all of the hard work and taking all of our criticisms on the chin like a hero. And I hope all is well on the "home front."

Edit: My wife said she would approve of this as she only plays a warrior. And she thanks you in advance for your work to try to put warriors back on par with the other classes.
    Last edited by Gualtiero; 01-08-2015 at 09:22 AM.

9.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #54
    Rift Team

Quote Originally Posted by Vexil View Post
    Was this issue affecting rogues too or is this warriors specific bug?
    Yes, Rogues were not getting the 1.3 dual wielding multiplier on their finishers as well so that has been addressed at the same time.

Quote Originally Posted by Attillaa View Post
    What is the timeline for something low on the totem pole? I'm afraid that you spent time on it, realized it wasn't an easy fix, and then moved on means you might not be coming back to it. I'll be happy so long as 'low on totem pole' =/= 'it took to long to try and reproduce so we are moving on to other things and hoping people forget'.
    I'm not sweeping it under the rug. I'm just trying to get through the bug list after being out for over a month. If it is within my realm to address, I'm targeting to have it done before next week's patch. If other departments have to get involved... then there will be delays. =)

Quote Originally Posted by Gualtiero View Post
    After seeing the way you were able to fix my complaint about debilitating poison being overpowered by slightly lowering it's ability to drain a healer and keep them at zero mana and, in the process, giving it an incredible burst potential, I'd like to complain about this warrior bug being overpowered in some manner and request a similar fix.

Thanks for all of the hard work and taking all of our criticisms on the chin like a hero. And I hope all is well on the "home front."

Edit: My wife said she would approve of this as she only plays a warrior. And she thanks you in advance for your work to try to put warriors back on par with the other classes.
    Heh, well, the fix for the Icy Burst issue is not going to be an overhaul like Debilitating Poison. It'll simply have a normal crit rate so don't get your hopes up. In the future, I'd like to look at the burst mechanic in general but for now I'd like to just getting it working as intended.

Also, thanks for the well wishes. Everything is good on the home front currently. It was nice to be home with my family and support them.
    Last edited by Vladd; 01-08-2015 at 11:51 AM.

Shield of Telara

Thanks again for the reply. Looking forward to these fixes.

Woohoo Vlad is back
    Scurch

Yes, Rogues were not getting the 1.3 dual wielding multiplier on their finishers as well so that has been addressed at the same time.
    This is going to be a significant dps increase for Rogues.
    what is this I don't even

Rift Master

Have hopped on to PTS and it looks to be working well . I've only tested a beastmaster bleed builder and finisher and full para RH with all weapon combinations (1h, 2x 1h and 2h). I haven't tested rogues though.

Looking forward for this fix to hit live, thank you.

RIFT Guide Writer

I tried Impale before and after the PTS update with the exact same stats and saw a 6% increase in its damage. This percentage gain should be the same for all finishers. That translates to ~1.5k dps increase for 61 NB, ~600 for NB/Sin, ~700 for 61 Sin and ~600 for 61 BD in raid environment.

15.   This is the last Rift Team post in this thread.   #60
    Rift Team

Looks like this fix will be G2G in the next patch.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast