+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree5Likes
  • 3 Post By VolitheBear
  • 1 Post By Kelvenaru
  • 1 Post By Hileios

Thread: Lets talk about Warrior nerf and Warrior Mastery's in PvP (mabye PvE?).

Default Lets talk about Warrior nerf and Warrior Mastery's in PvP (mabye PvE?).

If I am not mistaken, Mastery skills were meant to bring more viable hybridization to Rift, so far from personal experience they brought the opposite.

I play Paragon 99% of my play time, and I was looking forward to getting out of the boring 61 point spec and mix it up abit, but sadly Vlad decided that you need atleast 56 points into Paragon tree to make Shifting Blades roughly the same pre nerf.

Further more they did the same with Tempest, but then again Tempest is a lost cause.

Now for the Mastery's:

Level 61 - 1st) tank 2nd) tank 3rd) champion buffs? 4th) tempest 61 point buff?
    Level 62 - 1st) tank 2nd) useful for a pocket healer? 3rd) same as 2nd 4th) healing buff, paragon nerf?
    Level 63 - 1st) MS buff 2nd) sorta useful for Tempest/RB 3rd) MS buff 4th) cc reduction
    Level 64 - pretty much all dmg increase
    Level 65 - 1st) True dmg 2nd) Heal 3rd) Energy regen 4th) True dmg

Is this a bad joke? Where are the promised hybridization options?

Looks like someone really hates Warriors.

Paragon nerfd - Check
    Warlord nerfd - Check
    Tempest - lol?
    Riftblade - what am I?
    Champion - yeah right
    Reaver - basically a crappy version of Assassin

Soulwalker

All the changes I could see in this game were roughly aiming to reduce the interest in using a hybrid role. You mention Paragon, Tempest and Warlord changes but even before we could feel this desire for uniformity.

The simple fact trees goes up to 61 points (instead of 50) is an evidence. And I hardly see how the "masteries" system is supposed to bring in hybridization (I don't know where you heard of that O.O).

I guess it's easier to balance full 61-something classes.

It's disturbing.

Total Altaholic here, but Warrior was my "Main" sort of character... but at the moment it feels so crudtastic due to the undocumented nerfs and changes to warriors it's really putting me off more than usual.

Recovery Postures changes alone to not working with Cornered Beast is more than annoying, let alone the Warlord nerfs in general.

All I can see is more of what they did to the classes in SL... The Game is Free to Play... by their rules.. and any creative working of the soul trees will be stamped on as soon as they can leverage them in and gut the way people are playing.

Soulwalker

The lack of documentation is indeed a real problem.

I wasnt aware for the Cornered Beast not working anymore with Recovery Posture... Seriously, what the matter...

Quote Originally Posted by VolitheBear View Post
    Reaver - basically a crappy version of Assassin
    This pretty much sums up warriors now. Crappy rogues with a little bit of armor and 6 second slip... I feel so insulted. Warriors used to be helpful in PVP especially. Now we're just being told to go heals or leave the group. I feel so insulted by these nerfs to warlord and the other classes.

+ Reply to Thread