+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree7Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Riftblade Faceroll

Default Riftblade Faceroll

Found this new OP Speec on the PTS 61 RB 10Reaver 5Tempest
    93k Average DPS in Golem Foundry

Parse Vid: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-IEH...ature=youtu.be

Makros 1: #show Searing Strike
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast Rift Strike
    cast Rift Implosion
    cast Dire Corruption
    cast Rift Spear
    cast Searing Strike
    cast Powermanipulation
    cast Fiery Burst
    cast Burst Synergy
    cast Icy Burst

2: #show Soul Sickness
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast Soul Sickness
    cast Flamespear
    cast Frost Strike
    cast Fiery Burst
    cast Icy Burst
    cast Powermanipulation
    Last edited by Suamika; 10-13-2014 at 07:12 AM.

wow...just wow.

seems legit though, warriors can't be bothered with more then 2 buttons.

wow, just wow

such an irritating video

Quote Originally Posted by Suamika View Post
    Found this new OP Speec on the PTS 61 RB 10Reaver 5Tempest
    93k Average DPS in Golem Foundry

Parse Vid: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-IEH...ature=youtu.be

Makros 1: #show Searing Strike
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast Rift Strike
    cast Rift Implosion
    cast Dire Corruption
    cast Rift Spear
    cast Searing Strike
    cast Powermanipulation
    cast Fiery Burst
    cast Burst Synergy
    cast Icy Burst

2: #show Soul Sickness
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast Soul Sickness
    cast Flamespear
    cast Frost Strike
    cast Fiery Burst
    cast Icy Burst
    cast Powermanipulation
    Sorry for the wrong Macros, this one´s are right

#1:

#show Fiery Burst
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast Powermanipulation
    cast Fiery Burst
    cast Icy Burst
    cast Rift Strike
    cast Dire Corruption
    cast Soul Sickness
    cast Flamespear
    cast Frost Strike

#2 :

#show Searing Strike
    cast Powermanipulation
    cast Fiery Burst
    cast Icy Burst
    cast Rift Strike
    cast Rift Implosion
    cast Rift Spear
    cast Searing Strike

Prophet of Telara

The bug is not new. Been around in 1.9-1.10 on the pts. It was fixed before it even hit live. Maybe some marketing strat to make warrior seem OP before NT. I doubt it will go live like this just like last time when Allion had to deal with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Planetx View Post
    The bug is not new. Been around in 1.9-1.10 on the pts. It was fixed before it even hit live. Maybe some marketing strat to make warrior seem OP before NT. I doubt it will go live like this just like last time when Allion had to deal with it.
    This isn't the reappearance of some old bug, it's the Slayer's Crystal. The 4 piece set effect increases the base damage of single target attacks by 2000, but it considered everything that isn't flagged as AE Damage a single target attack.

This is the same reason why Nightblade has been so over the top the past few days. Ebon Blades, Smoldering Blades, and Touch of Darkness had their damage effectively tripled, with significant buffs to Scourge of Darkness, Fiery Spike, and Blazing Strike allowing NB to burst up to and over 170k single target.

It's obvious that this level of performance isn't intended and that it will be fixed. Sure, feel free to have some fun with it, but this definitely isn't staying.

Ascendant

Atrius made it happen and dealt with it, THEN Allion had deal with it when it popped up again. And now it's Vladd's turn.

1 point finishers have been a thing 2-3 times in the past, maybe more. It always gets adjusted in one way or another. It MIGHT hit Live, if Vladd needs time to figure out just how to deal with it without completely ****ing over Riftblade, but if it does, it won't be for more then a week.
    Last edited by Repster; 10-13-2014 at 08:59 AM.
    Burst before or after Rift implosion, never both.

Not sure what weapons or buffs he's using to get 93k, but using the raid box stuff I've been getting 70K with slightly different macros. I'm curious if others can replicate that 90K+ and what they're using to get there.

It really is a stupid mindless mash fest build, and I find it irritating that its currently Warrior's highest DPS option by a good margin on PTS.

That said, my rogue has 61 nightblade doing 85K in similar test gear (vs. my warrior 70K), and that's a very simple rotation. And then there's 61 pyro for mages.

I'm not sure what it is about Riftblade (warrior) and nightblade (rogue) on PTS, but the 61 variants have been pretty mediocre on Live for both rogues and warriors and by far the DPS leaders on PTS. So I'll be surprised if either this warrior build or the rogue 61 RB make it through that way.

History has been a pretty good indicator that builds like this don't survive very long if they make it to live. Remember how long the Stormcaller build lasted? Replaced by Pyro as top DPS spec in short order, but as of now that's fallen down the list on PTS (although it may still be the top among the "legit" specs, excluding 61 RB and 61 NB).

Quote Originally Posted by Xentex View Post
    Not sure what weapons or buffs he's using to get 93k, but using the raid box stuff I've been getting 70K with slightly different macros. I'm curious if others can replicate that 90K+ and what they're using to get there.
    Actually, pulling 88K+ now that I swapped to the Slayer's crystal. Thanks, Stihl, did most of my testing before they added the crystals to the box and really didn't pay much attention to the different ones.

I suspect what's been said here is right. This will get fixed (and rather easily), leaving warriors with 61 Paragon and 61 Tempest as our top DPS bursty specs, and a couple hybrid options for more even DPS.

Overall I think warriors are kind of OK right now (putting this spec aside), but not at the top of the charts for anything (DPS, tanking, healing, or support).

10.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #10
    Rift Team

I'm already all over this. This won't last past Wednesday so enjoy it while you can. =)

Also, I figured out why this is a problem with each changing of the guard. It will probably will resurface the next time I touch bursts or the next person after me that touches bursts. They are a little bit of a special snowflake when it comes to finishers. As such, their formula in the balance spreadsheets are not compatible with well... every other Warrior soul.

Kervik and I just went through all of the abilities in every soul and made them one rank so that not only will mentoring down be a little more balanced but also it enables folks to mentor up as well. The bulk of this work was redoing all of the balance sheets which is where the problem in the bursts occurred. Add in a prototype synergy crystal and it makes for some really great parsing. =)

11.   This is the last Rift Team post in this thread.   #11
    Rift Team

But I do want to stress that I do what RB to pull numbers close to Paragon so while it is about to get fixed...it is gonna still be a viable DPS soul.

Sure, let's just throw bugged 3.0 specs/rotations onto the live forums and say it's a "thing." Nothing has ever gone wrong with that!

Ascendant

Good 'ol bursts. Should be part of the job orientation. "Here's your keys. Your office it third door to the left. Bursts are ****ing crazy, documentation is on your desk. Lunch is at..."
    Burst before or after Rift implosion, never both.

Quote Originally Posted by Xentex View Post

It really is a stupid mindless mash fest build, and I find it irritating that its currently Warrior's highest DPS option by a good margin on PTS.

That said, my rogue has 61 nightblade doing 85K in similar test gear (vs. my warrior 70K), and that's a very simple rotation. And then there's 61 pyro for mages.

I'm not sure what it is about Riftblade (warrior) and nightblade (rogue) on PTS, but the 61 variants have been pretty mediocre on Live for both rogues and warriors and by far the DPS leaders on PTS. So I'll be surprised if either this warrior build or the rogue 61 RB make it through that way.

History has been a pretty good indicator that builds like this don't survive very long if they make it to live. Remember how long the Stormcaller build lasted? Replaced by Pyro as top DPS spec in short order, but as of now that's fallen down the list on PTS (although it may still be the top among the "legit" specs, excluding 61 RB and 61 NB).
    As I mentioned a few posts ago, it's the Slayer's Crystal. Parse either this RB build or 61 NB using a different crystal and you'll see significantly different results.

As for NB being best for Rogue atm (even without the Slayer's Crystal), I would assume the cause for that is the change to poisons. On pts the base proc rate of poisons has been increased to 50% (up from 30%) and Poison Mastery increases the chance to proc by another 50% (at 5/5, up from 30%) to give them a 100% chance to proc, but only increases weapon damage and attack power contribution by 10% (down from 30%) so they don't scale near as well as they used to. So you are only seeing ~30% of your total dps being contributed from poisons as opposed to the 40%-45% you see on live without a corresponding buff to the rest of your abilities.

rota pls for this specc

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast