+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: champion in pvp, top end gear

Shield of Telara

Default champion in pvp, top end gear

I thought champ was useless for pvp, but recently, with soft cap crit power it's actually pretty strong I'm finding.

That force crit 9k+ titans strike, or force crit 10.5k punishing blow with death blossom on are absolutely brutal.

Any other geared warriors try it recently? My top so far is 31-1.
    Ezuen@Faeblight<Godlike Awesomeness> lvl 65 p100 warrior
    aka "The Healing Warrior" (before it was cool)

I've tried 61 Champ couple of times, but it feels like a weaker version of 61 Paragon. Dunno, maybe if I bothered testing it more, and hybridizing it could be a decent spec.

I wouldn't want to play the soul with its limited utility (no interrupt,1 break free,no cc besides fear etc) and with the addition all the pyromancers/inquisitors lately the soul is hardly viable. The AE isn't very viable unless it is for bads, because there is no ae root or anything to help you deal with people porting with speed buffs everywhere. I guess the only game changer skill if used correctly, would be the fear, but even then scrubs would most likely hit the feared players, breaking on damage.
    I am the meister of my body and soul.
    Euphoria is my virtue, and sense is my imagination.
    I have collapsed over a thousand times.
    Neither aware of restrain... nor known to be sane.
    I have no regrets, this is the only path.

Shield of Telara

Spell that's what I thought too, but I pair it with warlord for another charge, an interrupt, snare, and 3k ogcd backhand thanks to reapers bearing.
    It's kind of like having BE on all the time with 5k less health and 60% st dps

With inescapable you can 3x thunderous leap or whatever, so getting out isn't that bad either

lol if any good st player focuses you and otherwise notices you will be utterly destroyed or repetitively forced to retreat.

Quote Originally Posted by oddiescell View Post
    Spell that's what I thought too, but I pair it with warlord for another charge, an interrupt, snare, and 3k ogcd backhand thanks to reapers bearing.
    It's kind of like having BE on all the time with 5k less health and 60% st dps

With inescapable you can 3x thunderous leap or whatever, so getting out isn't that bad either
    Hmmm that does sound good on paper? Which spec do you have in mind, just 15 WL/0Temp? I wanna try it out now!
    Last edited by VolitheBear; 09-21-2014 at 06:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by SpellwarriorX View Post
    lol if any good st player focuses you and otherwise notices you will be utterly destroyed or repetitively forced to retreat.
    We are talking about full Myrm gear I suppouse, so even tho you are not running with 40k hp Yoloswaglording around, you would not die to everyone, good players sure, but there aren't that many around now.

Quote Originally Posted by VolitheBear View Post
    We are talking about full Myrm gear I suppouse, so even tho you are not running with 40k hp Yoloswaglording around, you would not die to everyone, good players sure, but there aren't that many around now.

Champion is very reliant on your team because it does not have any good utility and is pretty squishy, with no skills like grasping the horizon. However, I do agree skills like inescapable and the fear are very useful. For example, I do believe the fear can create opportunities in your team if your able to fear a group of healers on the opposing side. With all the being said the spec isn't easy to play and the ae spam makes to spec feel clunky.

Shield of Telara

15 warlord 0 temp is right.

Run around at 32k hp actually because I use recovery posture over defensive. With all the ae seems worth it most of the time.

But actually it's fairly tanky because you toss out mark of exclusion plus juggernauts bearing and that's basically giving yourself a defiler link.

The key here though is crit power with an auto crit after all of your debuffs are up.

Quote Originally Posted by SpellwarriorX View Post
    Champion is very reliant on your team because it does not have any good utility and is pretty squishy, with no skills like grasping the horizon. However, I do agree skills like inescapable and the fear are very useful. For example, I do believe the fear can create opportunities in your team if your able to fear a group of healers on the opposing side. With all the being said the spec isn't easy to play and the ae spam makes to spec feel clunky.
    That is true, thats the only real thing that turned me away from Champ in the first place - it is squishy and suffers from lack of cc/mobility.

Grasping the Horizon is while necessary tool for melee which I personally don't like that much, but seeing how ranged souls are getting more popular and stronger (apart from Tempest), its a necessary evil.

On a larger scale, like 10v10 it could be a monster if played right.

Shield of Telara

Probably worth mentioning. .. in champ even shock pulse crits for nearly 4k, and your melee range st abilities range from 4500 to 8k crits. No ranged finisher outside of ae attacks and pulls are its downfall but puts out ok st

Probably worth mentioning. .. in champ even shock pulse crits for nearly 4k, and your melee range st abilities range from 4500 to 8k crits. No ranged finisher outside of ae attacks and pulls are its downfall but puts out ok st
    We should keep this on a downlow coz pyros might get upset

I'm seeing similar numbers

You can go 13/2 in Tempest and pick up a ranged Finisher.

I personally think Elude is one of the best if not the best PVP Utility in the game, but unfortunately you'd have to go 6 points into Tempest to pick it up, doesn't help either that you kind of want Combat Veteran on every melee PVP build, unless you had a Pocket Healer, and even if you did it'd only make it that much easier for your healer to keep you alive.

Death Blossom is still not working as intended, but it doesn't seem like our DEV has any intention of fixing it, which is kind of okay since you'd need to re-tweak Champion for PVE as Death Blossom is just incredibly strong right now, making it work as intended will simply make it useless and never be used. But this is probably the key element to this build, if you're doing Proper Timing with a Punishing Blow in a large pack of crowd, you'd expect everyone else besides your primary target to basically melt, this is going to be extremely painful for enemy healers trying to focus not just one player but 5-8 others.

Shield of Telara

As an aside, currently death blossom is a killsshot every time if used on an npc with proper timing in Port Scion. Welcome to one shotting 4 players at a time.

On other warfronts it still seems to do ok tho

Shield of Telara

As an aside, currently death blossom is a killsshot every time if used on an npc with proper timing in Port Scion. Welcome to one shotting 4 players at a time.

On other warfronts it still seems to do ok tho
    Edit... should be ogcd to make it actually work for real wfs

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast