+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: Any word on our masteries?

Default Any word on our masteries?

I saw Seatins video and he explained the Cleric masteries and said war wasn't quite done. But has anyone seen them or could list them?

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by The Raki View Post
    I saw Seatins video and he explained the Cleric masteries and said war wasn't quite done. But has anyone seen them or could list them?
    only mana users masteries are done, rogues and warriors are still missing the ultimate mastery. The existing masteries are nothing crazy... basically its little extra hp regen, little extra absorption shield, little extra tankiness, little extra movement speed and little extra damage. The game changer is the ultimate mastery which from looking at mages and clerics version can change playstyle of a soul completely... but warriors and rogues currently has no ultimate mastery.

Ascendant

If the other callings don't get much movemnent speed in masteries (did not check) the 12% run speed in combat will be nice, and the 20% conversion of our damage into damage that ignores all mitigation could be impactful in PvP.

Otherwise, yeah, it's just a bunch of small buffs right now.
    Burst before or after Rift implosion, never both.

Plane Walker

My prediction is Vladd's going to stay the course and make Warrior masteries underwhelming compared to other class masteries.

Last edited by Burninalways; 09-18-2014 at 06:01 AM.
    True Server First Prime GP: Anrak the Foul & Guurloth
    4/5 GSB
    4/4 GP
    4/4 DH

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Repster View Post
    Otherwise, yeah, it's just a bunch of small buffs right now.
    I would not call Arcane Finesse or Healing Exigency small buffs. In case these masteries are available for certain specs, they can easily boost damage of these specs by 20-30%.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Dynalon View Post
    I would not call Arcane Finesse or Healing Exigency small buffs. In case these masteries are available for certain specs, they can easily boost damage of these specs by 20-30%.
    Do you mind talking about warrior masteries?

Ascendant

Looks like Rogue and Warrior masteries are still being put together, as there's only two 'ultimates' instead of Cleric and Mages four (I'm assuming they'll be a melee ability like Cleric's Punishing Strike up there) and they lack any of the soul-specific secondary effects that Cleric and Mage have (much love for Druids it seems!) in the lower tiers at the moment.

Curious about what other things are still being worked on and considered,
    Last edited by Kedon; 09-18-2014 at 06:18 AM.

Changes to some of the base masteries as a few are repetitive/just plain useless in comparison to others (Deliberate Strikes vs. Precision Strikes). Secondary affects being discussed. Squashing bugs. All the fun stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Burninalways View Post
    Those masteries are incredibly underwhelming. I love the warrior class so much, but I'm starting to wonder if it's maybe time to change classes....

Rift Disciple

Not to mention they're all pretty garbage.

- Nothing to address energy retention (i dunno, maybe put Surging Energy here and remove the energy retention talents from the trees to open them up for more useful stuff? )
    - Nothing to address synergy
    - An interrupt that does OP damage
    - More than just a few repetitive/just plain useless masteries
    - I cringe when I think of what the secondary affects are going to be

What is this, account #3. So sassy!

Plane Walker

Quote Originally Posted by Necalli View Post
    Those masteries are incredibly underwhelming. I love the warrior class so much, but I'm starting to wonder if it's maybe time to change classes....
    I'd recommend going with Cleric or Mage if you do want to stay with game and switch classes. Jumping ship from one class ruined by a developer (Warrior) to another class being maintained by the same developer (Rogue) just doesn't make sense. Vladd's train wreck of changes to Warrior has led me to question his competence as a class developer entirely so hopping on board the Kervik train to avoid any screw ups to Rogue sounds like the best option.

Soon as he's satisfied with his Frankenstein mesh up of a warrior class he WILL set his sights to Rogue changes. The lack of developmental activity to Rogue is what I'm suspecting has been keeping the class in a good position under Vladd's watch.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Sedvick View Post
    What is this, account #3. So sassy!
    I had to lol at that one Sedvick . What gave it away ? I'm sure I'll be silenced momentarily.

He could just bring back a variation of Ignore Pain and Rift Surge. Check out Rift Spot for some older talents that were awesome and taken out of the game. Unstoppable Force and immovable Object are good ones too. They may be OP though.
    Last edited by Flashmemory; 09-18-2014 at 06:10 PM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast