+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: Any word on our masteries?

Quote Originally Posted by haybale View Post
    Inq is not in the ballpark with Pyro or even Shaman and i am not pushing anything. Not sure what you mean. I was pointing out that Alacrity shares the same problem that every other buff in this game does. Warriors aren't special in this case.
    It doesn't share the same problem every other buff does. There are a few, and those should be changed to a stacking mechanic as well, but not all the ones listed fit that description.
    what is this I don't even

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Cinderburst View Post
    Alarity does change mechanics, its the only time where one single attack can consume 2 stacks of shifting blade which is whats making warrior so inflexible and extreme penalty for not line up attacks correctly. RotN is easy mode and straight forward, deep freeze is a minor cd and unless you **** up or lag within the super short 3 sec window you should always fit 3 attacks no problem. Alarcity on the other hand lasts 330% longer than deep freeze and the fact is most warriors already settles for a 2 point RH because it simply doesnt fit 90% of the time especially if you are using a 2 hander (hooray for the 2hand delay out of the sky).
    Alacrity mathmatically can fit the last 3pt RH and it does on dummies but simply doesnt work that way in real raid.

And i find it funny you are here complaining about this when pts inquisitor already wipes the floor with paragon and tempest...... which you are still trying to push more buffs to it... are you trying to be pyromancer 3.0?
    1. You aren't likely to get that last RH even on the PTS. It's possible, just not likely. On Live it's a definite no.

2. That rotation is dated and, while it has the potential for big numbers, generally does less DPS. The newer rotation is more stable and takes as much RNG out of it as is possible. It's still subject to RNG because it's Paragon, but I'm pretty sure Byaku removed as much from it as is possible.

3. INQ doesn't touch Pyro or Shaman. It beats Paragon on average, at 65, and probably Tempest as well at this point. Having said that, we still don't have our 65 masteries and the two Paragon ones need to be fixed so who knows.

4. Reaver is pretty garbage at this juncutre so yahoo.

5. Shaman was infinitely more involved than Paragon was. There's a reason why Warriors who know anything are envious of Shaman, and that's because it's the most well designed melee spec in the game right now.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Pines View Post
    It doesn't share the same problem every other buff does. There are a few, and those should be changed to a stacking mechanic as well, but not all the ones listed fit that description.

I agree there are a few that would be better off as stacking buffs but it should be a game wide solution as it isn't just a warrior issue.. Most any duration buff is affected by latency in a similar way though. Whoever has the strongest last hit of that duration buff shouldn't be what determines which class gets qol changes for latency. This is bigger than just alacrity and wavelength.
    Last edited by haybale; 09-29-2014 at 06:03 PM.
    Haybale@Greybriar

Rift Disciple

Two new level 65 Masteries. One is essentially Fervor/LE that doesn't stack with them and is completely redundant and unnecessary due to Energy Reserves being sufficient enough for any Warrior spec. Additionally, it's a level 65 mastery that will never get used since we now have this awesomely great, and uninspired, 1 minute CD that increases our damage by 15% (for those of you who don't know me I'm being sarcastic ).

@Vladd. You're completely missing the point of what we've been telling you we want it seems. Adding that cool down WILL be an increase but you have done nothing to add any depth at this point, to any of our specs. At this point though you're on your own because you apparently have this thing against listening to the Warrior community. I'd take the time to list it out again but I'm not going to bother since it will be like talking to a wall.

Telaran

I'm hoping I'm posting correctly, I don't talk in the forums much.....

I've been reading many of the guides lately on different specs, and perhaps I am inexperienced with MMO's overall, but having to work that hard to compensate for server lag when trying to do your best is sad

Plane Touched

Default The masteries.

The masteries does not feel like they were made for tanks in the first place for the later ones, for the last tier for example there is a dps cooldown that looks good for dps but there is nothing for tanks there that we do not already have.

Earlier tiers there mostly utility.

Rift Disciple

Is there a reason why there is not a single mastery which boosts Beastmaster? (except +7% damage +3% crit chance)

Rift Disciple

sorry its not +3% its -4% of course

Quote Originally Posted by Anraton View Post
    Is there a reason why there is not a single mastery which boosts Beastmaster? (except +7% damage +3% crit chance)
    Because it's not done.
    Last edited by Sedvick; 10-04-2014 at 11:05 AM.

Rift Disciple

well 4 days left isn't much time ... so i expected there are at lease some hints on this part ...

well 4 days left isn't much time ... so i expected there are at lease some hints on this part ...
    expac was pushed back to the 22nd so more then 4 days left to work on them.
    Myrmidon Xillean Tormeng, Lord of War
    Dimensions: Planar Study Spec: 61/10/5
    PA: 900 | Score: 11120 | Tradeskills: All Grandmastered
    4/4 GP | 4/4 DH | 5/5 GSB | 5/5 RoS Conqueror | 11/11 HK | 2/4 RotP | 1/8 ID
    Characters: Xillean R90, Phantasmal R72, Eylisa R68, Kattie R74

Rift Disciple

Physiology Pro secondary (3x CF) is working properly now. It's still pretty garbage at 20% though and is DPS neutral at best.

OtS refresh still isn't working properly. Still time to put something more useful there like making it so FB can activate at 50% or further reduce the penalty on TtB by another 5-10%....just saying.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by JackBaeur View Post
    Physiology Pro secondary (3x CF) is working properly now. It's still pretty garbage at 20% though and is DPS neutral at best.

OtS refresh still isn't working properly. Still time to put something more useful there like making it so FB can activate at 50% or further reduce the penalty on TtB by another 5-10%....just saying.
    Final blessing active at 50% is a good idea. Considering FB dps gain over RW is much lower compare to pyro getting Inferno and Inferno can be used at 40%.

Rift Disciple

About tedamage over time and bleed duration increase of the "precicioous strike" mastery ... will it work like the "relentless" skill of bm, which increases the duration but doesn't affect the total damage? - Yes i just checked it on pts.

using those 2 builds
    http://rift.magelo.com/en/soultree#5m2ypslaz8E
    http://rift.magelo.com/en/soultree#5m2ypslaza/

tearing slash dealed the same amount of bleeding damage on both build.

RIFT Guide Writer

About tedamage over time and bleed duration increase of the "precicioous strike" mastery ... will it work like the "relentless" skill of bm, which increases the duration but doesn't affect the total damage? - Yes i just checked it on pts.

using those 2 builds
    http://rift.magelo.com/en/soultree#5m2ypslaz8E
    http://rift.magelo.com/en/soultree#5m2ypslaza/

tearing slash dealed the same amount of bleeding damage on both build.
    Its a tooltip bug. When you take the talent that increases the dot duration the tooltip stays the same but you do get extra ticks. I have not explicitly checked if the mastery is working but the normal talent is definately working fine.
    Acuta - Apotheosys

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast