+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast
Like Tree21Likes

Thread: Warlord really need a nerf, why its still so OP ?

Shadowlander

Are you on crack do you even PvP I play a cleric and I don't even worry about warlords its those pyros that are OP we need those meatshields up front just to give us range specs a chance to take down a Pyro

Warlord is just a direct counter for the bad matchmaking and mechanics in this game. If warlord is nerfed now nobody would be bothered to play a warrior for pvp.
    I am the meister of my body and soul.
    Euphoria is my virtue, and sense is my imagination.
    I have collapsed over a thousand times.
    Neither aware of restrain... nor known to be sane.
    I have no regrets, this is the only path.

Rift Disciple

elfaraon, you are in the mage forums complaining about the pyro nerf, and here complaining that warriors need to be nerfed. Mages have the top ST spec around right now and still hit hard in pvp. No one really pays attention to warriors in pvp and pve we were nerfed pretty good to paragon and tempest. Why dont you just ask the devs to get rid of warriors all together since you want us to be really useless.

Quote Originally Posted by Sezex View Post
    next time look at dps meter breakdown, 80% of that 3k is Killing field fluff.

plz nerf pyro.
    Yeah bads like grouping up together and not moving away from ae damage always in wf's so that's how warlord gets its high numbers, from its ae. Either that or most focus on the warlord cc/focus fire them believing they can take them down. I believe, warlord is at a good place atm if nothing in terms of the current mechanics and matchmaking to make things better is changed.

Prophet of Telara

If I was the warrior dev I would put a healing debuff on warlord when they activate the main surge. It is mostly the reason why they seem resilient. Some of the other melee specs have tools to survive long through hybrid but others, specifically shaman, don't which is why you rarely see shaman melee. Harb actually has some decent survival just missing a few things to make it decent as well.

I would say in return I would buff warlord resource management. Probably give them a cd they can use to maintain their resources like NB has. You guys underestimate how easy it is to starve a warlord. Honestly it is quite ridiculous when they are under a resource attack and attack a dom. Not to mention cc and a simple knock back or port away can completely nullify their burst since they need to literally be in melee to get off the burst.
    Last edited by Planetx; 08-21-2014 at 12:08 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by bctrainers View Post
    Warlords will need an AOE battle-rez to compensate for the requested damage nerf.
    Funnily enough warlord was originally supposed to be a support class lol.

I would have no probs with a nerf to either the mitigation or damage in the warlord, as long as the other warrior souls get reworked for pvp. There may also need to be some other changes to bring up the viability factor in other melee specs to the versatility of what is needed for melee from other classes and fix the broken slip that rogues have for pvp.Though devs are to lazy to bother to think of a good solution, or even most likely make a problems to fix to do list, because pve is the priority.

Lots of classes have broken souls which is why warlord is currently such a valuable existence and mostly I'm talking about rogue/mage.
    • Paragon is no longer much of a threat with the sb nerf, where pyros are doing a much better job,easier to play and easier to heal and having way more mobility from 35m away.
    • Shaman is kinda unviable and the reasons isn't to hard to figure out lol. Also Inquis is no where as good as pyro.
    Other then what I said clerics only have defiler, to be able to stand out as a class, although it still has pvp nefed links cause of the past qq.
    Last edited by SpellwarriorX; 08-21-2014 at 12:57 AM.

Plane Touched

Dom shuts down Warlord completely.

Shield of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by SpellwarriorX View Post
    Funnily enough warlord was originally supposed to be a support class lol.

I would have no probs with a nerf to either the mitigation or damage in the warlord, as long as the other warrior souls get reworked for pvp. There may also need to be some other changes to bring up the viability factor in other melee specs to the versatility of what is needed for melee from other classes and fix the broken slip that rogues have for pvp.Though devs are to lazy to bother to think of a good solution, or even most likely make a problems to fix to do list, because pve is the priority.

Lots of classes have broken souls which is why warlord is currently such a valuable existence and mostly I'm talking about rogue/mage.
    • Paragon is no longer much of a threat with the sb nerf, where pyros are doing a much better job,easier to play and easier to heal and having way more mobility from 35m away.
    • Shaman is kinda unviable and the reasons isn't to hard to figure out lol. Also Inquis is no where as good as pyro.
    Other then what I said clerics only have defiler, to be able to stand out as a class, although it still has pvp nefed links cause of the past qq.

pyro is easier because you don't play pyro. If you play pyro like a boss you will realize is far from being easy. any player playing pyro easy mode gonna suck for sure. Pyro don't have a good mobility your skill make the mobility less painfully respect to dps loss. You really need to play other classer other than 1 button easy mode top dps tempest .

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by elfaraon View Post
    pyro is easier because you don't play pyro. If you play pyro like a boss you will realize is far from being easy. any player playing pyro easy mode gonna suck for sure. Pyro don't have a good mobility your skill make the mobility less painfully respect to dps loss. You really need to play other classer other than 1 button easy mode top dps tempest .
    Really you need to L2P warrior then, its not a one button spec and if you make it one, your a noob. You probably don't even know what the top parsing tempest spec is. Warlord is our only viable option for pvp right now, with the nerfs that were handed out to warriors. I will agree it needs alittle adjustment in pvp or bring other classes in line with WL in pvp as far as survivablity. But its not as bad as you are making it out to be. Go back to your mage forums and QQ about your pyro nerf some more and leave us warriors alone before you make us utterly useless and not worth playing.

lol btw tempest is not worth playing atm and cannot even be compared to what a pyro can do. Playing one is a joke and they are not really good for your team outside of conquest. With your pro 3sec ae stuns and sub par ae damage skills you may make a significant contribution to your raid if you factor in FF.

As dday said before tempest really needs to get its charged pulse pvp nerf unerfed to be a good alternative spec. Likewise, I would also like to emphasize the mobility in tempest sucks. The knock backs the soul has are a joke, and elude will most likely not save you from death that is on a 1m cd. What makes ranged dps good is mobility and burst. Multiple cc breaks is the least important unlike for melee. If you have good positioning and play smart to cause others to overextend if targeted ranged can truly be beneficial for your team. Not to mention, with the current game mechanics ranged don't have to worry about disconnects. If you play 61 tempest which is what you call a free kill in mage terms, you can't get a 50% movement buff and if you hybrid deep into para, skills such as final blessing can only be used in melee range and you will also loose out a core skill - wavelength.

One more thing that you mentioned; clearly your a baddie if you think you can top dps as tempest using a 1button (ae macro?), I recommend that you think carefully what to write next time and write a more logical arguement next time you write a qq post. My advice is you should play paragon and see how well you do in the current state of affairs. If you can do well using 3 buttons you will have all my respect. Even if you use 3 buttons as a warlord at best you'd be sub par and a easy melee kill if you can not manage all your utilities well.

Lol, Tempest? Top DPS? Bro

bro

Go play a tempest and let me know how that DPS works out
    I Like The Gear Changes

Warrior pvp:

Warlord:
    1) pull>slow>watch him teleport away>repeat
    2) charge>get focused by pyros>no heals around>10 secs to live if u are lucky and pyros got no burst.

Paragon:
    1) Charge>die
    2)Grasp the Horison>Overextend by 10m>die

so gud xD

Warrior or any melee in general would be a good choice for 5v5 battlegrounds. But 15-20 man zerg is always 35m range combat with focus fire tactix.
    Last edited by Sezex; 08-21-2014 at 02:38 PM.

Remove AE damage from Killing Field. Make it a resource management c/d or a heal on kb proc. Warlords won't top damage done column anymore and then everybody's happy.
    Currently playing- GW2, SMITE

Quote Originally Posted by Enthusiast View Post
    Remove AE damage from Killing Field. Make it a resource management c/d or a heal on kb proc. Warlords won't top damage done column anymore and then everybody's happy.
    Killing field was put in place because it was awfully easy to Kill Steal Melee back in early SL. It wasn't even worth using your pvp buffs because MM/RANGER Pyro and INQ were able to ks you with superior burst and damage from range. That is one reason why RB/Temp was so popular and they went through so many failed development to get melee to semi exist in a pew pew environment. At the moment I question if Vladd is going back to pew pew domination and just respining the exact same broken mechanics for 3.0. Meaning melee completely sucking for a whole year then finally being buffed a year later to viable again.. etc. Shrug...
    Last edited by Flashmemory; 08-21-2014 at 06:39 PM.

Where do I check lifetime kb's and k/d ratio?
    Currently playing- GW2, SMITE

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast