+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Vladd time to unnerf charged pulse in pvp

Default Vladd time to unnerf charged pulse in pvp

id say why it never needed to be nerfed on top or arc but instead ill just say play pyro for 1 wf then get back to me

Quote Originally Posted by dday View Post
    id say why it never needed to be nerfed on top or arc but instead ill just say play pyro for 1 wf then get back to me
    play harb for 1 WF and get back to me

Default My thoughts of pvp in relations to warriors

I would say unerf sb for pvp for paragon or give the spec more outside when all the cd's are blown.I do feel this nerf punishes good players (though sometimes before the nerf I saw a lot of derp paragons in a pm that do no care about there positioning at all). For example, once I use all my cd's to just kill 1 player I'm pretty vulnerable. 1v1 I would lose easily against someone roughly equivalent to me without alacrity (especially if your playing off against a competent player).

Otherwise, changes such as making sb proc through shields may make the nerf less apparent. My cp may be a bit on the low side (667) ;however, I do believe my gear isn't too bad as a r90 - just ****ty luck with boxes). My other suggestion was allowing 3 ways for paragon (since the sb nerf occurred).

In contrast, when I change to warlord the freedom of mobility and constant dps is high throughout the whole duration in combat, It truly feels like a game changer when you can ignore bads targeting you especially when you're getting healed, and the spec really shines if your in a decent team in a zerg. I could easily change targets and hit people with the lowest hp once koth,decisive strike while they are not on cd. I also got saftey nets good mitigation/np2d to do this.

On the contrary, ranged combat does not be promoted anymore it is pretty ridiculous currently. In my opinion, we already have conquest to spam bolts where nothing is really viable; maybe with the exception of well played 60k tanks during peak hour combat.
    Last edited by SpellwarriorX; 08-07-2014 at 06:59 PM.
    I am the meister of my body and soul.
    Euphoria is my virtue, and sense is my imagination.
    I have collapsed over a thousand times.
    Neither aware of restrain... nor known to be sane.
    I have no regrets, this is the only path.

Quote Originally Posted by SpellwarriorX View Post
    I would say unerf sb for pvp for paragon or give the spec more outside when all the cd's are blown.
    SB isn't and never was nerfed in PvP though...
    Last edited by Sedvick; 08-07-2014 at 08:32 PM.

Prophet of Telara

That's like asking to unnerf MM abilities in PvP I would say it's unlikely and Pyro will be next on the list for pvp nerfs.

Perhaps make all Tempest buffs purgable and unnerf CP. This way people can still counter it's dmg with purge, so pvp dmg reduction on abilities can be at least reduced.
    Quote Originally Posted by elfaraon View Post
    you really need to play more pyro . I bet you are a warrior or rogue so your opinion is not accurate at all. By the way pyro is not even close to have the highest burst in the game tell that to a sin or warlord

Quote Originally Posted by Sedvick View Post
    SB isn't and never was nerfed in PvP though...

Damm most healers are bad and can probably only efficiently ae heal. Today I was getting blown up by pyro (35m range) even when im 20m behind party use my 50% movement buff and defensive maneuver. What's more my damage taken was no joke, even when I did get sufficient heals. It is hard even with good positioning because that only works against melee (unless you avoid the front-line completely). Also yes, SB was nerfed this ****ing rng bs from boxes is so bad! I got so much useless essences,ap stuff (not bis compared to cp) and more useless junk from boxes.

FYI to your question SB was nerfed in pve ie. 3pts. 75%->60% ,therefore, because souls are made for mainly balance around pve paragon was consequently nerfed in pvp. Funnily, enough today I only have seen warriors that are back to warlord again because now range is immensely powerful. If your team does not have good heals forget about melee (unless you're sin). Also to use the full potential of paragon burst, you must use death touch which is a melee skill.
    Last edited by SpellwarriorX; 08-07-2014 at 08:59 PM. Reason: quote

Quote Originally Posted by SpellwarriorX View Post
    FYI to your question SB was nerfed in pve ie. 3pts. 75%->60% ,therefore, because souls are made for mainly balance around pve paragon was consequently nerfed in pvp.
    It wasn't a question. It was a statement. A uniform nerf to an ability isn't a "PvE/PvP nerf," it's simply a nerf. It will not get reverted in either aspect of the game.
    Last edited by Sedvick; 08-07-2014 at 09:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ianto Jones View Post
    play harb for 1 WF and get back to me
    Yea I do its better than rb and tempest and hybrids are also nasty.

Good point though buff rb while you're at it vladd. Thanks ianto for wanting a balanced game

Quote Originally Posted by Otts View Post
    That's like asking to unnerf MM abilities in PvP I would say it's unlikely and Pyro will be next on the list for pvp nerfs.

Perhaps make all Tempest buffs purgable and unnerf CP. This way people can still counter it's dmg with purge, so pvp dmg reduction on abilities can be at least reduced.
    Tempest is already countered with a shield and considering pyro ranger and shaman/Oracle are miles ahead of it charged pulse should get un nerfed.

The utility between the three isn't even close either

I'm not sure if Dday is just trolling or what...

Damage output is the last thing that needs changing in the Tempest soul.

Quote Originally Posted by Hacknwack View Post
    I'm not sure if Dday is just trolling or what...

Damage output is the last thing that needs changing in the Tempest soul.
    do you even pvp bud?

ranger will out dps it with all instant casts, better speed and one of the best defensive cds in the game.

pyro with slightly less mobility than temp does way more damage, sustained and burst

shaman/oracle has better mobility does better damage and gives raid wide buffs

temp is dead last in pvp for a range spec

do you even pvp bud?

ranger will out dps it with all instant casts, better speed and one of the best defensive cds in the game.

pyro with slightly less mobility than temp does way more damage, sustained and burst

shaman/oracle has better mobility does better damage and gives raid wide buffs

temp is dead last in pvp for a range spec
    "do you even pvp bud" - i don't even....

Ranger has no burst (pray to RNG gods for TS crits), no utility, you kill its pet they do no dmg.

Pyro got a dmg buff but lost some utility? didn't manage to test it... cant comment on that.

Sham/Oracle well, you got a point there.

Back on topic: Tempest lack of damage could be offset by giving it more utility and mobility.

You could argue that 1 aoe pushback, 1 st pushback, aoe stun, interrupt, 1 leapback would be enough, but for such a squishy souls in most cases its not.

The rise in 61 Paragon popularity in PvP or FoTM if you please outright makes playing Tempest impossible.

P.S. 61 Paragon and 61 Tempest are 2 spec I play on my Warrior.
    Last edited by Hacknwack; 08-08-2014 at 05:31 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hacknwack View Post
    "do you even pvp bud" - i don't even....

Ranger has no burst (pray to RNG gods for TS crits), no utility, you kill its pet they do no dmg.

Pyro got a dmg buff but lost some utility? didn't manage to test it... cant comment on that.

Sham/Oracle well, you got a point there.

Back on topic: Tempest lack of damage could be offset by giving it more utility and mobility.

You could argue that 1 aoe pushback, 1 st pushback, aoe stun, interrupt, 1 leapback would be enough, but for such a squishy souls in most cases its not.

The rise in 61 Paragon popularity in PvP or FoTM if you please outright makes playing Tempest impossible.

P.S. 61 Paragon and 61 Tempest are 2 spec I play on my Warrior.
    so you havent played pyro(i crit people for over 10k with 200 CP and bad gear), agree with me about shaman oracle yet say im trolling? sounds legit

also ranger doesnt need the pet to do very good damage and you dont know how to play ranger if you arent bursting with it. also no utilty? cc breaker and immune to all damage must suck. plus it takes less damage, plus paired with MM gets more run speed.

not only is tempest dead last in damage its dead last in utilty. 61 temp is energy starved without any tacts, doms, sins, or nb around never mind if they are playing. (temp hybrids lose out on burst and/or require 20 meters for max burst) it is the slowest spec, has a cast for all its burst outside of WL...should i keep going or should you go back to your non warrior main?

temp is good for a short aoe stun which i personally hate since it puts multiple other people on drs a root on a long cd that is part of your burst so you cant waste it for utilty purposes, an awesome crit bonus which is the saving grace of the soul. leap back that does very little since we are so slow after that any melee can just port to you.

pyro and temp have similar utility i like pyro better since its all st and the utility is not tied to damage. pyro does way more damage and burst. ranger has better utilty and does more consistant damage all why being mobile. and shaman oracle has better on both ends. even inq is better than temp. hell id rather play mm and purge, silence while putting out decent damage than play temp

I give up about asking to make melee better as I realize it will never happen. I agree with dday, in this instance we better buff tempest so more people play it. Improve the spec to make things fairer. It should be fair to let everyone have good ranged dps specs across each class in pvp. Lots of people think the new pyro is fine since it is a glass cannon. I don't even know why tempest was nerfed in the first place pretty stupid really; warriors need another viable spec besides warlord. I can't even believe in the past I thought it was op when I was just bursting down bads easily with the spec.

so you havent played pyro(i crit people for over 10k with 200 CP and bad gear), agree with me about shaman oracle yet say im trolling? sounds legit

also ranger doesnt need the pet to do very good damage and you dont know how to play ranger if you arent bursting with it. also no utilty? cc breaker and immune to all damage must suck. plus it takes less damage, plus paired with MM gets more run speed.

not only is tempest dead last in damage its dead last in utilty. 61 temp is energy starved without any tacts, doms, sins, or nb around never mind if they are playing. (temp hybrids lose out on burst and/or require 20 meters for max burst) it is the slowest spec, has a cast for all its burst outside of WL...should i keep going or should you go back to your non warrior main?

temp is good for a short aoe stun which i personally hate since it puts multiple other people on drs a root on a long cd that is part of your burst so you cant waste it for utilty purposes, an awesome crit bonus which is the saving grace of the soul. leap back that does very little since we are so slow after that any melee can just port to you.

pyro and temp have similar utility i like pyro better since its all st and the utility is not tied to damage. pyro does way more damage and burst. ranger has better utilty and does more consistant damage all why being mobile. and shaman oracle has better on both ends. even inq is better than temp. hell id rather play mm and purge, silence while putting out decent damage than play temp
    Was that 10k crit on a mrym geared player or a 20k hp pve green newbie?
    Just because I agree on you for a valid point you made in your reply to my inquiry of you making a troll thread just day after pyro got buffs, and tempest being in its current state for so long you find odd?

Regarding Ranger and my lack of knowledge about how its supposed to be played I find amusing since 99% of players which play Ranger in PvP have no freaking clue how to utilize its kit. Maybe on NA things are different but on EU, I have yet to see a good ranger in PvP.

61temp/15rb/0para is the power starved spec you talk about I presume, which I would never use in PvP for that reason. Grim made a good guild with 61temp/8para/7rb which has no starvation issue. Yes you sacrifice dps but you can actually use FF+WL and spam you macro for full length of WL w/o any issue.

Its not like I wouldn't like to see tempest get damage buffs, but with current souls that Vlad is working on, and what his said the priority is Reaver, Beastmaster, Bard (if I'm not mistaken) you and me and everyone else will wait a long time before Tempest sees some love.
    Last edited by Hacknwack; 08-08-2014 at 06:43 AM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast