+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Philosophical Discussion on the Nature of Reavers

Default Philosophical Discussion on the Nature of Reavers

Shadow of Dread shouldn't be in T9, it should be T5/T6. There is almost no hybrid-ability with these skills.

Also, only 1%? Whilst it loses all the tanking stats for an extra 0.5% damage? I think I liked the old reaver better to be honest. It should be like Warlord, its a "DOT" class, so its damage is not bursted. It needs some tankiness to survive. It may look like DPS increases but its a straight AOE nerf.

Reaver needed improvements, not nerfs. Also Soul feast should work with every Damage over Time skill the warrior has, not just a few.

Gift of the Reaver should be:
    1% Damage
    0.5% Armor
    0.75% Endurance
    1% Resistances.

Change Plague Bringer to be 7 targets again, or take away the damage reduction part.
    Last edited by Talathion; 07-15-2014 at 02:31 PM.

Hero {} Roleplayer {} Friend {} Professional Princess Saver
    Porphyry says, "I love you"
    Porphyry hugs Talathion.
    Porphyry has earned the achievement, [Just being friendly!].

Quote Originally Posted by Kenjitamura View Post
    Well, looks pretty obvious that this spec isnt meant for hybridizing, straight up 61 pt class. But it seems amazing on its own.

Noticeable things for PvP:

1. Interrupt stuns for 3 seconds but can't stun twice within 30 seconds on same target.
    2. Finisher ability reduces healing by 15% on 10 targets.
    3. DoT ability reduces mana/energy regeneration by 15%.
    4. Stealth slip away on 90 second cooldown that removes movement impairing effects.

Most of its abilities seem to be ranged so it doesn't look like it needs melee survivability.

Definitely feels like this is meant to be our Dominator in PvP.
    I don't see how its amazing. Teleport behind your target, nuke them then die instantly because you have no sustain like you did before. I liked the old reaver better honestly. It should be a hybrid tank, not a straight up copy/paste of other classes things and a worst copy at that.

It has no snares, no roots, nothing to keep enemies away.

No Global Cool-down reduction either. No power gained back. Honestly it should steal mana and give you power.
    Last edited by Talathion; 07-15-2014 at 02:40 PM.

Porphyry hugs Talathion.

Quote Originally Posted by Talathion View Post
    Shadow of Dread shouldn't be in T9, it should be T5/T6. There is almost no hybrid-ability with these skills.

Also, only 1%? Whilst it loses all the tanking stats for an extra 0.5% damage? I think I liked the old reaver better to be honest. It should be like Warlord, its a "DOT" class, so its damage is not bursted. It needs some tankiness to survive. It may look like DPS increases but its a straight AOE nerf.

Reaver needed improvements, not nerfs. Also Soul feast should work with every Damage over Time skill the warrior has, not just a few.

Gift of the Reaver should be:
    1% Damage
    0.5% Armor
    0.75% Endurance
    1% Resistances.

Change Plague Bringer to be 7 targets again, or take away the damage reduction part.
    how are you even allowed to post

RIFT Guide Writer RoughRaptorsOld's Avatar

I liked the old reaver better honestly.
    So you'd rather have a third tank soul? What?

It should be a hybrid tank, not a straight up copy/paste of other classes things and a worst copy at that.
    So, you want a second Warlord so we can be even more broken, got it.

No Global Cool-down reduction either.
    Yes, because I love mashing buttons even faster, why not have give every class a 1s GCD? Hell, just spam buttons, we don't need GCDs!

No power gained back. Honestly it should steal mana and give you power.
    Old VK?

Quote Originally Posted by eniac View Post
    how are you even allowed to post
    Says the one with a "trion pls" sig :-P
    Last edited by RoughRaptorsOld; 07-15-2014 at 02:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sedvick View Post
    I thought the same thing, then reread the tooltip:

56 Points: Plague Bringer – Toggle – oGCD - Causes the Reaver’s damage over time abilities to affect up to 4 additional enemies. Damage done to the additional targets is reduced by 70%.

Essentially, the ST damage on your main target stays the same and the additional targets would take less damage. The only problem with this, which I brought up with Vladd, is that there's almost no reason to toggle it off since you lose no ST damage whatsoever.

Only scenario where this wouldn't be the case is if it reduced the damage of the non-Explosive Infestation dots that EI spreads, which would be awesome and promote a slightly different style of play with the toggle. We'll see what's going on when we can test the changes, though.
    I wouldn't mind that if it affected infinite targets.

Porphyry hugs Talathion.

I wouldn't mind that if it affected infinite targets.
    Infinite targets, no GCD, no power cost, infinite range, 1000000% damage increase.

You left out a few things.
    Last edited by RoughRaptorsOld; 07-15-2014 at 02:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by RoughRaptors View Post
    So you'd rather have a third tank soul? What?

So, you want a second Warlord so we can be even more broken, got it.

Yes, because I love mashing buttons even faster, why not have give every class a 1s GCD? Hell, just spam buttons, we don't need GCDs!

Old VK?

Says the one with a "trion pls" sig :-P
    I love you. I also love mashing buttons. I also love cool concepts. However just saying things like "Overpowered" when it looks worse then what it was before? Lol.

If your going to get big you might as well get bigger.
    Last edited by Talathion; 07-15-2014 at 02:49 PM.

Porphyry hugs Talathion.

I love you. I also love mashing buttons. I also love cool concepts. However just saying things like "Overpowered" when it looks worse then what it was before? Lol.

If your going to get big you might as well get bigger.
    ...What does this even mean?

1. One who reaves. Archaic term for one who despoils, plunders, bereaves, takes with violence.
    2. Terrifying, cannibalistic, self-mutalating savages living in the outskirts of the settled universe in Joss Whedon's Firefly and Serenity.

Perfect for stealing energy, mana and power and gaining back health and power.

...What does this even mean?
    It means we all can't be special snowflakes but those of us who do can get big.
    Last edited by Talathion; 07-15-2014 at 02:51 PM.

Porphyry hugs Talathion.

It means we all can't be special snowflakes but those of us who do can get big.
    I don't like being a snowflake, snow is cold.

I don't like being a snowflake, snow is cold.
    Then become a legend.

Anyways, Reaver should be a hybrid, especially since they are based off Malosian Knights.

I mean a Hybrid tank that steals health/energy? That is a typical brawler. Grade A cool stuff. Shouldn't have the utility of the VK, the problem with old VK is it had utility + that.
    Last edited by Talathion; 07-15-2014 at 02:58 PM.

Porphyry hugs Talathion.

Reaver just sounds like a boring version of Dominator though now. If you wanna play a Dom Roll a mage. My first class I played was a Paladin/Reaver combo and I cept that up, my favorite spec is 36/36, please don't ruin the class. I love the Dark Knight tank idea, it was pretty unique.

Porphyry hugs Talathion.

Then become a legend.

Anyways, Reaver should be a hybrid, especially since they are based off Malosian Knights.
    I want you to know that the less Vladd listens to you, the happier I will be.

Reaver looks fantastic right now, and is looking to be not only a strong spec, but a fun one, too. I have no idea what you think is a nerf, here. Between its controlling, healing reducing, and disconnect ability, in combination with some things that will make it nice for PvP as well, it absolutely does not need a Warlord gift (or as you've designed it, duct taping the DPS and Tank gifts together which is stupid as all get out) or the ability to siphon manga/power/energy from targets.

You need to realize that "what you want" and "what is actually good for the class" are two wildly separate things, and stop trying to push for the former.
    Seranii@Greybriar - 60 Eth Warrior
    | SL: 11/12 T2, 5/8 T3 | NT: X/X T1 |
    < Dirty Casual until 3.0 >
    "One day you'll hang your head as you realize,
    You've heard it all but didn't listen to a word."

Quote Originally Posted by Seranov View Post
    I want you to know that the less Vladd listens to you, the happier I will be.

Reaver looks fantastic right now, and is looking to be not only a strong spec, but a fun one, too. I have no idea what you think is a nerf, here. Between its controlling, healing reducing, and disconnect ability, in combination with some things that will make it nice for PvP as well, it absolutely does not need a Warlord gift (or as you've designed it, duct taping the DPS and Tank gifts together which is stupid as all get out) or the ability to siphon manga/power/energy from targets.

You need to realize that "what you want" and "what is actually good for the class" are two wildly separate things, and stop trying to push for the former.
    Then where did the theme for the Dark Knight's go? All that lore just ignored. I guess the Reaver's are just Dominator Mages now eh? A lot of people actually don't look at or post on the forums at all. So i'm being vocal for them.

If he didn't want feedback, there would be no reason to make a topic post about it.
    Last edited by Talathion; 07-15-2014 at 03:05 PM.

Porphyry hugs Talathion.

Then where did the theme for the Dark Knight's go? All that lore just ignored. I guess the Reaver's are just Dominator Mages now eh? A lot of people actually don't look at or post on the forums at all. So i'm being vocal for them.

If he didn't want feedback, there would be no reason to make a topic post about it.
    Lore exists to serve gameplay, not the other way around.
    Rianeva@Deepwood

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast