+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 61 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 19 59 ... LastLast
Like Tree100Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Upcoming Reaver Changes

General of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Mattrick View Post
    its possible to throw it on 3 mobs in a group of mobs will give it near stormcaller like AOE power by tab target applying it to monsters in a large group resulting in potentially huge damage
    Unless I missed something, corruption would have minimum of 10 second cd with talent which means you won't be able to do this effectively. You sure will be able to throw a second one while previous one is still ticking but with 10 second separation the 2nd one won't tick too long by the time aoe encounter is finished.

IMO it would be nice if it got one plain spamable blade fury - like finisher to be used in combination with dire corruption and rancid cleave.
    Ervun@Typhiria Vrablord@Typhiria
    Apotheosys
    HK 10/11

Gift of the Reaver should be:
    +1.25% Damage
    +1.25% Endurance

Currently three problems plague the update of this class:
    1. Its attacks will be cleansable. (confirmed by the developer.)
    2. To achieve maximum DPS it needs to be in Melee. It even has a backstab but no stealth!
    3. Its damage is built up over a long period, rather then straight forward. Most other classes have their abilities up again to use them again before that time.

This means it needs more sustain, it simply does not have the hybrid-ability the other classes have because to be good in it right now you need at least 41 points into it. Soul Feast needs greatly improved, and it needs some kind of energy gain or drain. This doesn't mean tank levels of sustain! However it needs something!
    Last edited by Talathion; 07-16-2014 at 12:14 PM.

Hero {} Roleplayer {} Friend {} Professional Princess Saver
    Porphyry says, "I love you"
    Porphyry hugs Talathion.
    Porphyry has earned the achievement, [Just being friendly!].

Quote Originally Posted by Talathion View Post
    Gift of the Reaver should be:
    +1.25% Damage
    +1.25% Endurance

Currently three problems plague the update of this class:
    1. Its attacks will be cleansable. (confirmed by the developer.)
    2. To achieve maximum DPS it needs to be in Melee. It even has a backstab but no stealth!
    3. Its damage is built up over a long period, rather then straight forward. Most other classes have their abilities up again to use them again before that time.

This means it needs more sustain, it simply does not have the hybrid-ability the other classes have because to be good in it right now you need at least 41 points into it. Soul Feast needs greatly improved, and it needs some kind of energy gain or drain. This doesn't mean tank levels of sustain! However it needs something!
    That gift would be incredibly broken. No soul has more than 1% damage to all abilities right now and you want 1.25% endurance on top of that.
    Last edited by Axarion; 07-16-2014 at 12:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Axarion View Post
    That gift would be incredibly broken. No soul has more than 1% damage to all abilities right now.
    Its a damage over time class. I thought Riftblade and Champion was 2%?. What other dot class has to get into the thick of it to deal its highest potential damage?
    Last edited by Talathion; 07-16-2014 at 12:22 PM.

Hero {} Roleplayer {} Friend {} Professional Princess Saver
    Porphyry says, "I love you"
    Porphyry hugs Talathion.
    Porphyry has earned the achievement, [Just being friendly!].

Prophet of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Flashmemory View Post
    chalk full of redundancy..
    It is "chock-full" by the way. Yes that is how I immediately felt about the soul. Dom and Reaver look like a good pairing but reaver is nothing special without other AOE to give it debilitates, stuns, purge, drain mechanics etc. What is one thing reaver is offering that is MUST HAVE? It must have insane DPS then. Not.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Vrab View Post
    Unless I missed something, corruption would have minimum of 10 second cd with talent which means you won't be able to do this effectively. You sure will be able to throw a second one while previous one is still ticking but with 10 second separation the 2nd one won't tick too long by the time aoe encounter is finished.

IMO it would be nice if it got one plain spamable blade fury - like finisher to be used in combination with dire corruption and rancid cleave.
    It looks as though you are correct. It appears i took Vladd's quote of being able to maintain it on 3 targets at max with Vile Affintiy as being able to blast it through on 3 targets. So really its 2 targets first cycle, and 3 every cycle after that.

Quote Originally Posted by Vrab View Post
    I was thinking along these lines as well. I suggest that Plague Bringer also affects Dire Blow. All in all I'm very much looking forward to playing it.

Prophet of Telara

How about adding a RNG based non damaging ranged finisher to the class.

Something like...

For every attack point you have a 33% chance to stun, debilitate or fear for 3 seconds. Plague bringer toggled will make it affect 4 additional targets. Shrug.
    Last edited by Planetx; 07-16-2014 at 12:55 PM.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Planetx View Post
    How about adding a RNG based non damaging ranged finisher to the class.

Something like...

For every attack point you have a 33% chance to stun, debilitate or fear for 3 seconds. Plague bringer toggled will spread it to 4 additional targets. Shrug.
    Adn everybody will hate you forever for messing with CC diminishing returns, so the CC they need to kill someone does not work right.

Nope. No RNG CC procs. We had enough of that when the coatings worked in PvP and is pissed off everybody.
    Burst before or after Rift implosion, never both.

Prophet of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Repster View Post
    Adn everybody will hate you forever for messing with CC diminishing returns, so the CC they need to kill someone does not work right.

Nope. No RNG CC procs. We had enough of that when the coatings worked in PvP and is pissed off everybody.
    I thought RNG was fun. Anyway it wouldn't be RNG as it would be 99% chance to proc on 3 attack points. It would be randomized so that the finisher would give out an unpredictable cc. And it won't be spammable like transmogrify, bm sleep and bard stuns which are the most annoying when it comes to DR IMMUNITY.

11.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #131
    Rift Team

Quote Originally Posted by Planetx View Post
    I thought RNG was fun. Anyway it wouldn't be RNG as it would be 99% chance to proc on 3 attack points. It would be randomized so that the finisher would give out an unpredictable cc. And it won't be spammable like transmogrify, bm sleep and bard stuns which are the most annoying when it comes to DR IMMUNITY.
    RNG has it's place. For things like crowd control, you want those to be tactical choices of when they are applied.

I agree, it needs more sustain.

I see two solutions:
    a) Give it some old PRE-SL abilities back like Power in Blood or Power in Massess.
    or
    b) Give it WL Gift, so those small heals from DoTs will be worth something. So it could be good soul for building around for VK/RB/Temp as WL is for physicial souls.
    Last edited by Morwath; 07-16-2014 at 01:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Repster View Post

There is no such thing as diminishing returns.

DR is when the effects of cc become less and less effective each time they are applied.

There should be though because this immunity system is garbage for PvP.
    Undeadwarrior & Zoarbot @Deepwood.
    Believe it or not Rift has an unofficial Facebook PvP alliance group .~All are welcome~

General of Telara

Was perhaps giving us access to a purge in a dps soul ever on the table when talking about Reaver out of interest?

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Balidin View Post
    Was perhaps giving us access to a purge in a dps soul ever on the table when talking about Reaver out of interest?
    Rogues have 2 of them. However, in the case of the warrior they already have 2 souls that can purge on command. I can see why they wouldnt want to add it into another one. Granted you are correct in that neither of them is a straight DPS soul, but that still doesnt change the fact that i can see why it would be a good idea to not oversaturate the game with purges.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 61 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 19 59 ... LastLast