+ Reply to Thread
Page 51 of 61 FirstFirst ... 41 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 ... LastLast
Like Tree100Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Upcoming Reaver Changes

Default Reaver thoughts and ideas

Why does Soul Sickness have a 15 sec c/d? It shouldn't have a c/d, its a zero point ability. It doesn't make sense when you think about it from a bottom up perspective. New players will take Reaver and wonder when the spread of death and decay finally comes into play. Warlock's get two dots right from the get go with no c/d's on either of them.

Here's an idea, since Reaver is a dot spec, how about renaming From the Shadows and changing it's function so that Dire Blow deals a percentage of it's damage done over time as well? Just a shot in the dark.. 15% of damage done each second for 3 secs?

One of my biggest criticisms of Reaver is its lack of Finishers. Attack point building and attack point consuming finishers is the core of the warrior mechanic. Reaver has one finisher. IMO there should be ample amounts of finishers and less whacky abilities with weird c/d's. Just adding two finishers (1 ST dot and 1 AE) might completely change the feel of the soul for the better.

Plague Bringer could be that AE Finisher (melee) by dealing damage based on attack points while refreshing dots on target and spreading dots from the target to 4 enemies. It should be noted that Radiate Death from Warlock has no penalty on the damage of dots being spread why should PB?

Another idea for an AE finisher is a death based Storm Burst. Same function as the RB ability (-10% mana, energy or power) maybe add modifiable damage based on dots on the enemy. Same 8 sec c/d as Storm Burst.

Two ideas for AE finishers. IMO either could work and they could both be melee or one could be ranged, one could be melee.

Here's another.. How about making Explosive Infestation a finisher like Chains of Death? My personal opinion on delayed abilities is "meh". It's been stated multiple times in this thread that Reaver is boring and having instant burst might help alleviate that feeling. It doesn't even need to be multiplicative like CoD, though that would be sweet, just instant.

Here's another idea, swap Shadow of Dread and Flesh Rot. Then make Shadow of Dread a damage c/d worthy of a 1 min cooldown. Maybe for x seconds finishers cost zero attack points. Maybe applying one dot within x amount of time will apply all known dots to the target and also increase the damage of ravaging strike/finishers. Maybe it could remove the c/d on Shadow Warp and make it spam-able.

TLDR: Give us more options for finishers. Shadow of Dread should be a damage c/d @ 51 points not 41. Remove the c/d on soul sickness.
    Currently playing- GW2, SMITE

So, today we have seen the first Reaver change after 3.0. The range of Reaver skills was reduced from 30m to 20m, what makes PvP even more "fun". lol Sorry, but this spec was already hard - impossible to play in PvP, but now it became a 100%-suicide-spec. Dont understand your motives or intentions for this change.

RIFT Guide Writer

Quote Originally Posted by Fomal View Post
    So, today we have seen the first Reaver change after 3.0. The range of Reaver skills was reduced from 30m to 20m, what makes PvP even more "fun". lol Sorry, but this spec was already hard - impossible to play in PvP, but now it became a 100%-suicide-spec. Dont understand your motives or intentions for this change.
    Try reading the talents and using your buffs (hint: binding of affliction)
    Acuta - Apotheosys

General of Telara

Reaver should have a transformation cd which turns you into a Reaver knight like one of the Mathosian Knights on crack.
    Last edited by Balidin; 01-11-2015 at 09:34 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Balidin View Post
    Reaver should have a transformation cd which turns you into a Reaver knight like one of the Mathosian Knights on crack.
    Yes! Add a black aura effect and that would be sweet!
    Last edited by Enthusiast; 01-11-2015 at 11:55 AM. Reason: censored adjective
    Currently playing- GW2, SMITE

Haha. That'd be dope. I personally am a huge fan of transformation abilities/procs.

+1
    Ghetto Fabulous

7.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #757
    Rift Team

Hmm, I like this idea. I'll certainly keep that in mind as I do future changes.

And speaking of changes... Here are a bunch!

Reaver:
    • New Ability at 20 points in the root Desecrating Blow. 20m ranged AoE finisher.
    • Dire Blow, Rancid Cleave, and Ravaging Strike are now ranged attacks with 20m base range.
    • Walks with Death now also increases damage over time effects by 2/4/6%.
    • Corrected the description on Viral Stream to be more accurate of the damage done.
    • Soul Sickness no longer has a cooldown.
    • Flesh Rot now has a 10s cooldown. Damage has been increased to compensate.
    • Increased damage of Necrotic Wounds.
    • Pestilence is now an active buff that you cast on yourself.
    • Shadow Warp is no longer a targeted teleport but a 15m blink in front of the Reaver.
    • Shadow Strike and Reaping Touch affect Desecrating Blow.
    • Fester now increases all damage.
    Basically, I'm changing Reaver over to be a fully ranged dps soul. I was trying to thread the line so that it would play nice with Riftblade and Tempest but it didn't match up to what I was expecting. Tempest will remain the ranged soul for competitive ST DPS but Reaver should find some spots here and there plus a few hybrid opportunities. When PTS is updated, you should be able to test out the above changes.

There are still more changes coming down the pipe like From the Shadows is going to be changed but I haven't really decided on what yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Vladd View Post
    Hmm, I like this idea. I'll certainly keep that in mind as I do future changes.

And speaking of changes... Here are a bunch!

Reaver:
    • New Ability at 20 points in the root Desecrating Blow. 20m ranged AoE finisher.
    • Dire Blow, Rancid Cleave, and Ravaging Strike are now ranged attacks with 20m base range.
    • Walks with Death now also increases damage over time effects by 2/4/6%.
    • Corrected the description on Viral Stream to be more accurate of the damage done.
    • Soul Sickness no longer has a cooldown.
    • Flesh Rot now has a 10s cooldown. Damage has been increased to compensate.
    • Increased damage of Necrotic Wounds.
    • Pestilence is now an active buff that you cast on yourself.
    • Shadow Warp is no longer a targeted teleport but a 15m blink in front of the Reaver.
    • Shadow Strike and Reaping Touch affect Desecrating Blow.
    • Fester now increases all damage.
    Basically, I'm changing Reaver over to be a fully ranged dps soul. I was trying to thread the line so that it would play nice with Riftblade and Tempest but it didn't match up to what I was expecting. Tempest will remain the ranged soul for competitive ST DPS but Reaver should find some spots here and there plus a few hybrid opportunities. When PTS is updated, you should be able to test out the above changes.

There are still more changes coming down the pipe like From the Shadows is going to be changed but I haven't really decided on what yet.
    i like the changes but cant you have netroctic wounds have no cd and soul sickness still have 10-15 sec cd like in the chcoclate rift? when we had emeber isle and is it possible to bring back decaying corruption, creeping corruption and make something our of it becuse i love how these 2 abiltys was in SL

and plz make it more viable in raid becuse right now its usless and only worth as 15 point sub soul which sucks becuse reva is my favo favo soul of all time

Ascendant

This is based solely on my OCD-esque dislike of the whole "slash the air in front of you and somehow damage a target far off in the distance" deal that's been popping up a lot lately. I know this is certainly not a priority issue but can I suggest you maybe give the changed abilities less 'melee-ish' sounding names?

I.e. 'Rancid Wind' instead of 'Rancid Cleave' etc.
    Last edited by Kedon; 01-12-2015 at 07:24 PM.

Rift Disciple

I like this idea, but my gripe is why not bring it in line with tempest? In other classes you see much less disparity between the different dps souls. Why is warrior dps structured in such a way that any other soul than the top 2 souls (paragon and tempest) is nowhere near competitive?
    Stroman - <Undaunted> - Wolfsbane
    4/4 RoF, 4/5 MS, 1/3 TF

Rift Disciple

Tempest will remain the ranged soul for competitive ST DPS
    Vladd could you outline what your intention is on the different souls?
    I.e. As you mentioned:
    Tempest -> competitive ranged ST DPS
    Paragon -> melee ST DPS
    Champion -> melee AoE DPS
    BM -> Support (any changes planed you want to mention?)
    Warlord -> ?
    Riftblade -> ?from hat i see something between best st and best aoe?
    Reaver -> ? - from hat i see ranged version of riftblade? something between best st and best aoe?

According to the upper list, I would expect warlord to be a "st aoe hybrid" like riftblade or reaver but has exactly 2 aoe skills ...

about the tank souls
    why paladin has about equal mitigation to void knight but way les utility to use?

PS:
    I know as these are more general quesitons it sould not be in the reaver changes thread but as i am revering to vladds post here i am staying here - for now.

Soulwalker

Default DOT's savety

quote: "There are still more changes coming down the pipe like From the Shadows is going to be changed but I haven't really decided on what yet".

Reaver need some DOT's savety too, Dot's out and we can't do anything. Use "From the shadows" to give some protection too Dot's, like silence for 5 sec to the person who removes it. Or a high level skill root (61 or 57 that makes them unremovel).

Prophet of Telara

Tempest for ST Ranged, Reaver for AoE ranged?
    RIP Icewatch and Argent.
    Not another damn penny.

Rift Disciple

If it stays at is is dots hit up to 4 additional targets (a total of 5) with the additional targets receiving reduced damage -> not a full aoe spec like champion (which can hit up to 12 targets at once)

General of Telara

Vladd - I am glad you like my idea about the transformation

Can I ask why Reaver can't be competitive to tempest? For PVE imo we have two tiers; tier 1 consists of paragon and tempest which are both viable ST dps. tier 2 consists of warlord,Riftblade and Reaver which are not viable atm. What is the problem of making these specs viable? Could you please state why? An Honest question which I would love an honest reply to.

p.s I know not every soul has to be viable for every type of play but atm I see a lot of PVE players running para and in wfs it's nearly all paragon again. So We have people just running paragon everywhere with the other souls seeing little use(I myself use RB in wfs cos I like the soul a lot) This is just my experience of course and I can't see the actual numbers like a dev can so it can obviously be a subjective observation.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 51 of 61 FirstFirst ... 41 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 ... LastLast