+ Reply to Thread
Page 49 of 61 FirstFirst ... 39 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 59 ... LastLast
Like Tree100Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Upcoming Reaver Changes

Quote Originally Posted by Vladd View Post
    I assure you that it is not a 5 minute change.
    Vladd how about making the 51 point dot stack if the player takes heals, moves, or uses an ability. Obv not all 3-but pick one. Right now reavers damage will be shut down very easily

Plane Touched

Understood.

It's disappointing that folks spent money on NT collector's edition, used the Void Source Accelerators to upgrade equipment only to find that the synergy crystal no longer works with 3.0.

Plane Touched

So between the final (and current) PTS version and live, Shadow of Dread went from 30s CD to 60s.

It means sticking another DC into the "bottom half" of a 21 sec rotation (which seems to be the point of the Reaver specific masteries), instead of something that hits harder.

Was 30s SoD really out of line?

Thurfor

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Thurfir View Post
    So between the final (and current) PTS version and live, Shadow of Dread went from 30s CD to 60s.

It means sticking another DC into the "bottom half" of a 21 sec rotation (which seems to be the point of the Reaver specific masteries), instead of something that hits harder.

Was 30s SoD really out of line?

Thurfor
    I guess its just a target switch ability now. At 30 seconds it was easier to manage the dots and more enjoyable to play for me.

Rift Disciple

Vladd whoever suggested 60 sec SoD was an undercover rogue and mage looking to nerf warriors. Change it back, please!

Reaver target switching is horrible. 20sec Shadow of Dread seems fair

Quote Originally Posted by Alastair View Post
    Reaver target switching is horrible. 20sec Shadow of Dread seems fair
    More than fair; it's absolutely necessary.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by ConclusionTheFirst View Post
    More than fair; it's absolutely necessary.
    There's far more that needs to be done for Reaver than worrying about a CD reduction on SoD. For one the CD is fine where it is.

Suggestions for playing style

Cleansing a Reaver DoT resets the cooldown of that DoT, make it free of cost, and reduce it's GCD by 1 second. This also occurs when the Reaver scores a killing blow on a target that can yield experience or whatever the PvP currency is. This killing blow mechanic also resets the cooldown of Shadow of Dread (maybe, depends on the intention of Shadow of Dread).

Cleansing a Reaver DoT should also punish the cleanser. I'm thinking along the lines of resource damage; a short term debuff that increases the cost of spells, increases casting time, and reduces healing output.

Have Reaping Touch also include Reaver DoTs. This would be the execute for AoE.

Reduce the cooldown of Soul Sickness so that it doesn't match it's duration due to the fact that other abilities deal more damage based on number of DoTs.

Viral Stream refreshes the cooldown of Reaver DoTs on targets at execute range (at or below 30% HP).

A finisher that hits all targets affected by Reaver DoTs. Damage increased by number of Reaver DoTs on target. Also heals the warrior equivalent to the full duration of Soul Feast (Reaver style Chains of Life). Synergises with the Shadow of Dread change above where while leveling, you can always have a full set of DoTs on mobs and have reliable heal. Tagged as AoE.

Reduce the CD of Infestation and Explosive Infestation to 15 seconds fully talented. This will line it up with the other Warrior souls of having 15 second blocks. Also scale their damage down to match the CD, so that it hits for less but more often.

A 1 minute DPS cooldown with a 10 second duration (like what Tempest and Paragon has). Resets the cooldown of Infestation and Explosive Infestation and cause it to have no cooldown for the duration (kind of like Wavelength). This will allow for both single target and AoE burst.

Reaver DoT style

I'm thinking of a different DoT style for Reaver. Warlock's DoT style revolves around DoT refresh and snapshotting. I'm thinking of giving Reaver DoT extension and detonation.

Dire Blow increases the duration of Soul Sickness, Necrotic Wounds, and Flesh Rot by 6 seconds (2 ticks) (not including Dire Corruption because it's different than these 3). I was that on a full rotation on a single target with no adds, Soul Sickness, Necrotic Wounds, and Flesh Rot will run out by the time Shadow of Dread comes off CD, thus using SoD on cooldown on a purely single target fight.
    This synergises with the 1 minute DPS cooldown from above, that Reaver DoTs will always be active on the target for the whole 10 seconds regardless of the duration of the DoTs at the moment the CD is used.

An ability that detonates Soul Sickness, Necrotic Wounds, and Flesh Rot, extinguishing them and dealing damage to affected targets (including those affected by Plaguebringer). I'm thinking 50% of their total damage. Has some cooldown, haven't decided.
    Last edited by superhbman; 11-02-2014 at 09:37 PM.
    Shinryujin | Tsuyuko | Chieri | Kimiyomi

Quote Originally Posted by superhbman View Post
    stuff
    Some changes:
    Cleansing a Reaver DoT resets the cooldown of that DoT, make it free of cost, and reduce it's GCD by 1 second.
    "reduce it's GCD to 1 second". I don't think people would be too happy about having a .5 second GCD. :P

The 1 minute DPS CD should also grant Explosive Infestation the ability to generate an additional Attack Point. For those 10 seconds, the AoE finisher will detonate Explosive Infestation.
    So the rotation during the CD would be Infestation > Dire Blow > repeat for single target, Explosive Infestation > AoE finisher > repeat for AoE, and Infestation > AoE finisher > repeat for ranged single target.

The AoE finisher also extend the duration of Soul Sickness, Necrotic Wounds, and Flesh Rot.

Some balancing required regarding DoT duration extension. If 6 seconds causes DoTs to last indefinitely, then we can tweak energy costs, Attack Point generation, DoT ticking frequency, and / or DoT extension duration.

Maybe give Reavers proc for detonation ability, resetting its cooldown and causing it to not extinguish the DoTs.
    Last edited by superhbman; 11-02-2014 at 11:09 PM.

Reaver new talent suggestion: reduces the global cooldown of reaver dots by 0.5 sec.

Shadow of dread: cooldown reduced to 20sec.

Rift Disciple

@Vladd:
    I have a question about Beastmasters "Vicious Blow" and "Brutal Strike".
    Both have a +x% damage per Dot (max 5). In which damage group this is calculated? Passiv or Debuff?

Shadow of Dread redesign idea:

shadow of dread(passive): gives your soul sickness a 100% chance to apply all known reaver dots to the target. additionaly, increases the range of ravaging strike and dire blow to 30m.

Some new ideas and amending and / or clarifying old ones.

Amendments:
    Viral Stream refreshes the cooldown of Reaver DoTs on targets at execute range (at or below 30% HP).
    I meant duration rather than cooldown. Or both, that wold be nice too. Refreshed to its original full duration; Soul Sickness, Flesh Rot, and Necrotic Wounds to 15 seconds and Dire Corruption to 30 seconds. Maybe reset the cooldown of Shadow of Dread and Stumbling Morass too.

Also heals the warrior equivalent to the full duration of Soul Feast (Reaver style Chains of Life).
    I meant the original full duration's worth of damage; 15 seconds for Soul Sickness, Flesh Rot, and Necrotic Wounds.

Reduce the CD of Infestation and Explosive Infestation to 15 seconds fully talented. This will line it up with the other Warrior souls of having 15 second blocks. Also scale their damage down to match the CD, so that it hits for less but more often.
    I'm looking at Tempest's Quick Recharge with its relation to Charged Pulse, Dual Pulse, Lightning Torrent, and Storm Torrent. Base cooldown is at 21 seconds and the talent reduces their cooldowns by 3/6 seconds, resulting in 15 seconds cooldown.

A 1 minute DPS cooldown with a 10 second duration (like what Tempest and Paragon has).
    Might need to make this ability make Reaver abilities cost no energy for the duration.

An ability that detonates Soul Sickness, Necrotic Wounds, and Flesh Rot, extinguishing them and dealing damage to affected targets (including those affected by Plaguebringer).
    Eh, I think just make it do some damage, Maybe also give this ability to reset the cooldown of Soul Sickness, Flesh Rot, Necrotic Wounds, Dire Corruption, Shadow of Dread, and maybe Stumbling Morass too when it hits a target at execute range (at or below 30% HP).

New ability:
    A ranged builder. Meant to be used during disconnects.
    Also introduce a talent that allows this builder, Infestation, and Explosive Infestation to extend the duration of Soul Sickness, Flesh Rot, and Necrotic Wounds (instead of Dire Blow and the AoE finisher as I suggested earlier). This builder would be only ability that extends the duration of DoTs that does not have a cooldown.

I was thinking that the damage of this builder be higher than an unbuffed Ravaging Strike but lower than a fully buffed Ravaging Strike.
    This builder has a second function that when used on targets that is not affected by Soul Sickness, Flesh Rot, and Necrotic Wounds, increases the damage of the next Dire Blow by some percentage (maybe 30% each), stacks up to 2 times (considering that a fully buffed Dire Blow deals double damage).
    Meant to be used on fast dying mobs that wouldn't justify a full set of DoTs. I think the damage increase should be a buff on the player rather than a debuff on the target to facilitate target switching.
    This would result in a giant Dire Blow later on a fully DoTted target, but I think it's justifiable, maybe. Or give the buff a small duration.

An ability that makes Reaver DoTs on a target uncleansable. Not sure what would be ideal. I was thinking a off-GCD cleansable single target toggle. It would be like a giant "I'm tunneling you now" in PvP.

Maybe allow Rancid Cleave to spread Soul Sickness, Flesh Rot, and Necrotic Wounds.

Maybe for Dire Corruption's debuff, it should reduce the amount of burst dealt by the target.
    Causes damaging attacks that deal more than some percentage (maybe 5/10/15%) of its target's HP to deal that percentage of HP in damage initially and leaves a 15 second uncleansable (maybe) DoT that totals the remaining damage.
    This way, the total damage is still the same, just that a portion of it is spread over 15 seconds so that the target doesn't get insta-gibbed in 3 seconds.

Soulwalker

What I feel needs to be addressed with Reaver

1. Dot management/damage
    2. Energy management
    3. Aoe finisher/Damage
    4. Reliable Dps cooldown
    5. PvP viability
    6. Fun factor
    7. Pointless talents

My suggestions

1. Increase Pestilence damage to 50% from 25%, Binding of Affliction also reduces the global CD of your dots and infections to 1 second.
    Shadow of dread CD reduced to 30 seconds and can work with Plague Bringer.

2. Viral Stream energy cost reduced to 10, critical hits by this ability refresh dot duration to their full duration.

3. three point finisher NEW talent , Mass Affliction does X death damage to 6 targets
    Also, Plague bringer spreads dots to 7 additional enemies (up from 4)
    Rancid Cleave (aoe builder) increases the duration of dots on targets by 4 seconds

4. New 61 point additional Talent Dps CD, Dread lord, Assumes the form of a Dread Lord. Resets the cooldown on all reaver abilities and increases death damage by 50% for 15 seconds as well as damage taken by 30%. Also, extends ravaging strike and Dire blow range to 30 metres. (1min Cd)

5. Increase healing from Soul Feast to 50% (this should help PvE soloing as well)
    When Soul Sickness is dispelled it causes X death damage and debilitates the dispeller for 4 seconds. Targets afflicted with Soul Sickness deal 20% less damage to the warrior.
    Crest of Entropy (shield) absorbs 50% of X damage, last 15 seconds. (30 sec CD)

6. Additional 58 point talent, Damage from your dot abilities has a 10% chance to reset the cooldown on your Explosive Infestation (ST only). To make rotation more interesting. When explosive infestation deals damage it leaves a dot that deals an additional 50% of its damage over 10 seconds, can stack up to three times.

7. Stealth ability removed because it is useless, also remove the positional requirement from the "From the Shadows" talent

Of course numbers would have to be tweaked in order to be balanced, just my 2 cents.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 49 of 61 FirstFirst ... 39 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 59 ... LastLast