+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 61 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 20 60 ... LastLast
Like Tree100Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Upcoming Reaver Changes

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Otts View Post
    I have a problem with that huge ground AE which last 30sec and does dmg every 2sec.

Did you think it through how broken it will be in Warfront maps where you need to channel to pick up objectives or flag? (the dmg part is irrelevant but if it will interupt channeling on objectives it will be OP)
    Saboteur has this exact same thing....
    Planar Breach Support Open World PVP and PVE!
    Sourcewell and PVP Rift Objective Based PVP A more resource efficient way of adding Open World Objective based PVP!
    Ember Isle Open World Style PVP Repurposing Lets do something with this amazing zone!

...pre-SL reaver used to have a finisher called something like Master of the Abyss that worked kinda like champs chains of life - dealt direct damage to enemies around the warrior and healed the warrior for the damage done...

Quote Originally Posted by Ocho View Post
    Or to put it more simply, it doesn't matter if you're topping the charts if you're killing the wrong people.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Morwath View Post
    I agree, it needs more sustain.

I see two solutions:
    a) Give it some old PRE-SL abilities back like Power in Blood or Power in Massess.
    or
    b) Give it WL Gift, so those small heals from DoTs will be worth something. So it could be good soul for building around for VK/RB/Temp as WL is for physicial souls.
    I think the idea I suggested is a good one. Increase Soul Feast to 5%, make it work with all DoT's and then make the soul gift add an additional 1% to soul feast healing for every 10 levels invested in the soul. So at 60 you have 10% damage returned as healing, that may sound OP but keep in mind these are dots. This is little more than incidental sustain that would be useful really more fo solo builds and open world group activities where you don't have much in the way of healing.

I would LOVE for the old reaver mass aoe life leech ability to come back, but I'll admit it was pretty OP back then. Reaver was one of the best solo classes. Will (Techie) has a video that sorta illustrates that.

I just want some of that old feel of the original reaver. Not for any other reason than a little bit of a nod to what reaver was originally intended to be.
    Last edited by Khelendross; 07-16-2014 at 02:03 PM.
    Sourcewell and PVP Rift Objective Based PVP A more resource efficient way of adding Open World Objective based PVP!
    Ember Isle Open World Style PVP Repurposing Lets do something with this amazing zone!

4.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #139

Removed second sidetrack. Find it here if you wish to continue.

Important bit removed: Vladd has stated soul gift is non negotiable.

Quote Originally Posted by Ocho View Post
    Removed second sidetrack. Find it here if you wish to continue.

Important bit removed: Vladd has stated soul gift is non negotiable.
    For reiteration:

Quote Originally Posted by Vladd View Post
    I'm gonna append my previous statement about everything being on the table to include "except the gift" since this seems to keep coming up. DPS souls have 1% damage per point. If you are looking at the gift on sites like magelo or rifthead, they haven't updated those to the correct values and still show 2% for some.

Shield of Telara

all the ideas re: OG soul feast are kinda ignoring that it made reaver outright invincible

level 50 players in t1/t2 or r8 gear were soloing abyssal precipice and a few of the cc bosses as reaver/pal

for solo survivability dont forget that we also now have vampiric essence (which will proc a lot more with more dots rolling)

re: riftblade - i think riftblade is just too top heavy to hybridiize well with reaver. riftblade demands 51 points at least for pve relevance. definitely offsoul potential tho.

re: dire corruption/lingering shadows - i can see it being useful to line up a 15sec block without burning an attack point for 61rv builds. however it will be very clunky trying to fit it in with arc in tempest hybrids

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by archaionfm View Post
    all the ideas re: OG soul feast are kinda ignoring that it made reaver outright invincible

level 50 players in t1/t2 or r8 gear were soloing abyssal precipice and a few of the cc bosses as reaver/pal

for solo survivability dont forget that we also now have vampiric essence (which will proc a lot more with more dots rolling)

re: riftblade - i think riftblade is just too top heavy to hybridiize well with reaver. riftblade demands 51 points at least for pve relevance. definitely offsoul potential tho.

re: dire corruption/lingering shadows - i can see it being useful to line up a 15sec block without burning an attack point for 61rv builds. however it will be very clunky trying to fit it in with arc in tempest hybrids
    Didn't OG Soul Feast have an ADDITIONAL 20% increase to healing (from soul feast) activated off another ability though? Thats why it was so OP. This was changed fairly quickly as I recall but yea I remember people soloing all kinds of stuff cause it was so strong.

Honestly it makes less sense to talk about what reaver used to have because reaver has gone through an absolute ton of changes and reworks during its lifespan. What does the soul need to achieve is the real key here. Until its on PTS its hard to say but seeing as it looks similar to current in terms of survivability, I think thats a potential problem, on paper it looks like Vladd has hit everything else.
    Last edited by Khelendross; 07-16-2014 at 03:24 PM.

"51 Points: Cloak of Death – Self Buff – oGCD - 90s cooldown – Envelops the Reaver into the shadows that conceals them from being seen. Removes all movement debuffs. Lasts for 6s. Does not break on damage taken. Movement speed is reduced by 30% while cloaked"

so it removes your movement debuffs to give you a movement debuff , At 6s duration and a 1m30s cd would 100% movement speed be that op for this?
    Last edited by The Nemesis; 07-16-2014 at 04:27 PM.
    mixing up role ideals is what rifts all about, changing and adapting makes the game what is today. don't shun change, embrace it.

======Stands In Fire - Server Police - We Are Legend - Dawn Of Terror - Gods Of The Vigil======

Ascendant

Nemesis. It's basicly Slip away. Put you in stealth. Stealth has a 30% move speed penalty unless you have it talented from Sin. That's just how it works.
    Burst before or after Rift implosion, never both.

Quote Originally Posted by The Nemesis View Post
    Decaying Defenses should take 10% more damage from reaver abilitys and required power leech rank 5, now for 6 points dire corruption gives 10% more damage and 10% less damage done. increases the damage of dire corruption by 10% mite not be necessary with this change.
    when i was asking for this^^^

I didnt see this, "Fester - 5 points Enemies affected by Infestation and Explosive Infestation get a debuff that causes them to take increased damage from the Reaver by 3/6/9/12/15%"

with that said how long is the fester debuff?
    mixing up role ideals is what rifts all about, changing and adapting makes the game what is today. don't shun change, embrace it.

======Stands In Fire - Server Police - We Are Legend - Dawn Of Terror - Gods Of The Vigil======

11.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #146
    Rift Team

Quote Originally Posted by The Nemesis View Post
    when i was asking for this^^^

I didnt see this, "Fester - 5 points Enemies affected by Infestation and Explosive Infestation get a debuff that causes them to take increased damage from the Reaver by 3/6/9/12/15%"

with that said how long is the fester debuff?
    15s currently. Thinking that 10s might be closer to the target though.

looks cool. I might resurrect my warrior for this.. unless it plays like a melee version of warlock.

Slow building damage has no place in Rift PvP given the current form of time to kill. (assuming each team isn't stacked with 100 healers) It will remain an untouched soul if that's the case.

just sayen because I dont want to see all this work for nothing.
    Undeadwarrior & Zoarbot @Deepwood.
    Believe it or not Rift has an unofficial Facebook PvP alliance group .~All are welcome~

Rift Disciple

It is intended that Dire Corruption costs 1 Attack Point and does not scale like other Warrior finishers.
    Since it consumes Attack Points, Dire Corruption is a finisher and would proc Lingering Shadows.This will be interesting to see how it plays out. I have a feeling that because of this talent that the cost of Dire Corruption might need to be increased to 2 Attack Points but for first shot, I'm gonna leave it at 1.
    why have it as a finisher at all? it doesn't feel like one.

[*]Dire Corruption is a targeted aura that will reside on the target and infect those around it. It is not a GTAoE like Stumbling Morass. Once talented with Vile Affinity, the Reaver will be able to maintain up to 3 instances of it on up to 3 different targets. The damage will stack but the other effects will not.
    also, allow it to stack up to 3 times on one target.

while you're at it, replace slip away with a purge or a flicker. a warrior does not run away from a fight like a rogue. using it to sneak up on an enemy is a none starter.

also, wtb i-win 1min damage cooldown.

[*]Yes, I'm concerned about what the rotation will look like. However, you can't consider just the Reaver abilities even at 61 points invested due to there being another 15 points to spend in an off-soul. Those points should add some flavor to the mix. The real question here is "Does it add enough?"
    doesn't look like it. he melee rotation seems bland and and the ranged one isn't better (15 temp, replacing reaver spammables with tempest spammables).

that's going to happen if your dots can all go up with one button, and all refreshed with one button. i will be blunt, this stupification of souls direction trion is taking is becoming a little annoying.
    Fluffybottom no more

Ascendant

Yeah, I'm not liking Corruption being a "liberator" finisher. I can understand why in that soul, Healer and having a bunch of them, but here? when you have Two? Just make it a regular finisher. It has a cooldown. So it costing 1 point and not 1-3 is kinda... weird.
    Last edited by Repster; 07-16-2014 at 07:57 PM.
    Burst before or after Rift implosion, never both.

15s currently. Thinking that 10s might be closer to the target though.
    at only 38 points 10s mite be better for hybrids. but lets play with it at 15s before you change it.
    this pts update cant come soon enough.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 61 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 20 60 ... LastLast