+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 40 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast
Like Tree68Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: New Soul Feedback - Liberator

1.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #1
    Rift Team

Default New Soul Feedback - Liberator

The intention of this thread is act as a center for constructive feedback about the Liberator. As I make changes, I'll update this initial post and post in the thread as well.

As this will be a hot topic thread, it will be heavily moderated. As such, here are some rules for posting in this thread:

1) Keep it on target. We are here to talk about the Liberator. Comparisons to other souls and builds are fine as long as they work towards the end goal of being constructive feedback for how to make the Liberator better.

2) Keep it constructive. I can't stress this enough. So, no spam postings, no personal jabs or squabbles. These posts will be deleted and you'll probably get an infraction for it from the community team.

3) I don't mind negative feedback at all. In fact, I encourage it... Just as long as it adheres to the 2 previous rules.

With that said, the souls are in an Alpha state. Things are going to change... a lot. So, don't be shy about suggesting feedback. Abilities can be dramatically changed, trees can be altered. Nothing is really off the table... well aside from the Liberator being a healer. That's kinda set in stone at this point.

First round changes:

• Fixed the description of Medical Facility to have a “s” after the duration.
    • Dichotomy of Pain: Changed to a 30m ranged AoE on the damage portion. Heal portion remains a PBAoE.
    • Deliverance: Reduced healing by 33%. Added 2s cast time (this may be lowered in the future through talents or other abilities).
    • Group Assistance: Lowered healing by 20%
    • Physician & Liberator non-finisher absorbs: Now have proper values for absorb amount, power stat coefficient, and weapon multiplier.
    Last edited by Vladd; 03-20-2014 at 03:34 PM.
    Lead Designer - RIFT

RIFT Guide Writer RoughRaptorsOld's Avatar

Things that have already been brought up or have been under discussion for some time now:
    • Make Dichotomy of Pain a ranged ability that emanates from the targeted enemy and not from you.
    • Move Aegis of Advocacy up one or two tiers to nullify a tank build that is superior to a 61 point tank build (or repurpose it).
    • Medical Facility should be re purposed...I ran out of ideas. The new re-purposing is the below description, but it coincides with Redress and Ameliorate and I don't believe it's a necessary or "good" skill for 61 points.
    • Adrenaline Overdrive should be HP % based similar to a defiler, Endurance is fairly worthless unless in large amounts. Get rid of the stack component, make it a flat buff, or a CD equivalent to the Defiler buff but one that does not stack, this would slightly help healing in Experts.
    • Continuous Treatment is fairly weak, unsure of what to do with it aside from a flat shielding increase, but that worries me about it being too powerful.
    • DPS...DPS, DPS, DPS, where do I start here? Dare I say the magic "C" word in here? We need a better form of DPS to compare with the "C" soul, my original idea was re purpose Medical Facility into a new ability that increased the damage of Liberator abilities and increased the healing of them accordingly to make it a bit more viable to add in a bit of DPS.
    • Extraordinary Care has a component of when it ends (on its own, not on damage) it heals the target for the amount of the shield left. In a group or raid environment this is petty rare, in full T2 AP gear with 8 dream orb slots (meaning I have more than usual AP) it's an ~10k shield and that will be depleted very quickly. It's great for a spot shield, but the heal component at the end isn't very worthwhile. My recommendation was to add a small heal upon the expiration of the shield no matter how it was broken (time or damage).
    • Scaling is a bit off still, but it's much better than it was before. Group Assistance and Deliverance are probably a bit too high at the moment, maybe a 10% so nerf as well on the AoE HoTs to compliment your gracious 50% nerf.
    • Somehow destroy the 52 Liberator / 24 VK PvP build.
    • Is it a problem we have no resource management? This might be an issue in PvP with how quickly we regen, drains won't be too effective compared to a caster class
      While on this topic...still need to get Liberator/Physician silences working or re-work them
    Last edited by RoughRaptorsOld; 03-17-2014 at 12:29 PM.

The Ameliorate tooltip is bugged until you actually gain the ability, it lists a four second channel and a six second cooldown.

Quote Originally Posted by Anil View Post
    The Ameliorate tooltip is bugged until you actually gain the ability, it lists a four second channel and a six second cooldown.
    It's currently in the process of getting changed as well. From RR's guide:

The current implementation of the non-rank 1 Ameliorate is incorrect. The current intended functionality is to consume attack points and channel for 1/2/3s (maybe 2/4/6s?) based upon AP used, reduce damage by x% while channelling (not sure what Vladd went with on that %).

Little heads up to let people know that Magelo has an updated PTS calculator with the new souls in order to help you out testing, sharing and posting builds. Should hopefully prove to be a useful resource.

> Magelo PTS Soultree calculator

Quote Originally Posted by RoughRaptors View Post
    Things that have already been brought up or have been under discussion for some time now:
    • Move Aegis of Advocacy up one or two tiers to nullify a tank build that is superior to a 61 point tank build (or repurpose it)
    Absolute first thing that came to mind.But then it maks you think....maybe push it lower and weaken it for tank usage because variety....yep going off topic now. lulz.

#retiredBear #teamBBCs #puffForeverMad

7.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #7
    Rift Team

Quote Originally Posted by Raive View Post
    Absolute first thing that came to mind.But then it maks you think....maybe push it lower and weaken it for tank usage because variety....yep going off topic now. lulz.
    I'm probably gonna bump it up a tier and swap it with Redress. That puts it at a 21 point commitment and out of the range of most tank builds.
    Lead Designer - RIFT

Ascendant

Hmmm, leaves you with 55 tank gift, and drops the 58 point root. Might still be viable tank build, but weaker then right now on PTS.
    Burst before or after Rift implosion, never both.

Quote Originally Posted by Repster View Post
    Hmmm, leaves you with 55 tank gift, and drops the 58 point root. Might still be viable tank build, but weaker then right now on PTS.
    You actually don't go for the 58 point ability, you go 4 VK.

10.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #10
    Rift Team

Quote Originally Posted by Repster View Post
    The alternative would be to bump it up to tier 6, bump Zealous Advocate to tier 7, and then drop Conflict Avoidance down to tier 4-5. Conflict Avoidance at 16 points would be interesting for PVP hybrids looking for some extra utility along heals for survivability.
    Lead Designer - RIFT

Ascendant

Oh right the accord. Forgot it was that low. M'yeah, going 21 lib means that's not an option either.
    Burst before or after Rift implosion, never both.

Finishers Galore! I will need to take a look at this again to get specifics but wow. 8 finishers, with varying point requirements, with varying cool downs. I know you don't want to make it too easy, but come on. Why not cut back the amount of the finishers and just tier them all like other finishers. So one attack point does so much, two attack points does so much, and then max ability with 3 attack points.

Quote Originally Posted by Githil View Post
    Finishers Galore! I will need to take a look at this again to get specifics but wow. 8 finishers, with varying point requirements, with varying cool downs. I know you don't want to make it too easy, but come on. Why not cut back the amount of the finishers and just tier them all like other finishers. So one attack point does so much, two attack points does so much, and then max ability with 3 attack points.
    Liberator is actually very, very simple to play. You have one set of abilities for ST and one set of abilities for AoE. You can pretty much ignore one set while fulfilling the other role. Take a look at the abilities more and run some dungeons or raids, you should find it to be easier than expected.

A small list of things I'd like to see addressed
    • Apart from keeping up a few HoTs we don't really have a lot left to do except for spamming Group Assistance and Deliverance.
    • Using the DPS abilities isn't really worth it. Persecute is a weaker Geysir and Mass Oppression is pretty much useless. The AoE-Finisher deals damage only in melee range and heals a lot less than Deliverance, so I don't see it being used too often. Castigate probably won't be of any use in raids. I'd love Dichotomy of Pain to grant a small group shield instead of healing to have something useful to finish with when everyone's topped.
    • I don't like mechanics on the global cooldown which neither grant or consume attack points. It's already bothering me on Beastmaster, feels kinda clunky. Would like to see Liberation Treatment and Extraordinary Care to be changed somehow.
    • Not a Liberator-only issue, but could battle rezzes (on all classes) also give some power/energy? When rezzing still caused lag, we would already have enough power/energy to cast buffs, but now we have to wait for or resource to regenerate before we can buff.

Situation: .5 sec GCD on Prolonged Recovery from turn the blade and search and rescue. 3 AP.

Spam prolonged to 3 stacks in immediate succession, often get an invalid target or not enough attack points error on the third time, but the spell goes through. The real issue is that if you happen to have aegis of advocacy up, you'll only get 2 stacks of it, while other self buffs like adrenaline overdrive and the prolonged recovery HoT stack to 3 as they should.

Doesn't happen with turn the blade off for a 1 sec GCD.
    Waiting for Wildstar...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 40 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast