+ Reply to Thread
Page 34 of 40 FirstFirst ... 24 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 ... LastLast
Results 496 to 510 of 597
Like Tree68Likes

  Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: New Soul Feedback - Liberator

  1. #496
    Ascendant dday's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    6,727

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Katosu View Post
    No, you mis-quoted, since you would have not made a terrible tongue in cheek joke.

    The context of the discussion is more important that the history of an unimportant individual. Deal with it.


    Morwath, what you are seeing is total healing done.
    A Chloro who does nothing but synth heal will put higher numbers. Do you believe that they should be nerfed due to LBV splash healing?


    So you believe Rogues are requiring nerfs?
    In terms of PvE?

    DPS= Warriors are on top.
    Healing = Mages are generally on top.
    Support= Clerics are on top
    Tanking = Rogues are slightly ahead but that's only on iny'kta which was meant to be 2 tanked.

    So we know in pvE there isn't an issue. So let us look at PvP, your preference.

    PvP wise?
    Highest burst? Paragon and Pyro.
    Best support? Dominator is god like. Mages
    Healing? Clerics and Rogues
    Tanking? no one tanks. In that case, however, Warriors have the best utility for their tanks spec.

    Dday has the best idea.
    Rogues and Clerics are currently the most well rounded callings. They should be modeled, because they don't have a truly overpowered spec, but they have many viable specs.
    Haha I'm not even going to bite ok that last part...pyro and para over nb...cute

  2. #497
    Ascendant
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    3,918

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dday View Post
    Haha I'm not even going to bite ok that last part
    I was quite serious when I said your idea was best.

    Quote Originally Posted by dday View Post
    ...pyro and para over nb...cute
    You run around on the PvP forums saying Pyro is better than people say.

    You make a Mage named "Ranged too easy".
    Yet you believe that Pyromancer has less burst than nightblade.
    You're a joke.
    Last edited by Katosu; 07-08-2014 at 02:21 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by wickede View Post
    please just stop posting your misinformation here
    Quote Originally Posted by Wickede
    how often you "snipe heals" is also important

  3. #498
    Ascendant dday's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    6,727

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Katosu View Post
    I was quite serious when I said your idea was best.



    You run around on the PvP forums saying Pyro is better than people say.

    You make a Mage named "Ranged too easy".
    Yet you believe that Pyromancer has less burst than nightblade.
    You're a joke.
    Haha I'm convinced you don't play this game.

    Pyro and para burst are insane but nb is better.

    You just never want to give your class credit.
    Last edited by dday; 07-08-2014 at 03:05 PM.

  4. #499
    Ascendant
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    3,918

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dday View Post
    Haha I'm convinced you don't play this game.
    Haha, I am convinced you're not very good at playing Pyro.
    Quote Originally Posted by dday View Post
    Pyro and para burst are insane but nb is better.
    Para being lesser than nightblade?
    I can see it.
    Pyro being less than nightblade? Nope.


    Quote Originally Posted by dday View Post
    You just never want to give your class credit.
    Mmm...no...because its been pretty well established that I hate everyone equally.
    Its just convenient for you not to remember this fact due to cognitive dissonance.
    Its just that you are wrong when comparing Nightblade against pyro and saying Nightblade does more.

    If we consider the health point where there burst is at its greatest.
    Pyro beats it.
    Being able to drop double inferno, a cinderburst, countdown ,two fusillades and a Fulminate within the 1.5s GCD is pretty friggin disgusting.
    Heck...its why Mage's deserved to get nerfed back in Vanilla rift.
    Last edited by Katosu; 07-08-2014 at 04:13 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by wickede View Post
    please just stop posting your misinformation here
    Quote Originally Posted by Wickede
    how often you "snipe heals" is also important

  5. #500
    Ascendant dday's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    6,727

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Katosu View Post
    Haha, I am convinced you're not very good at playing Pyro.

    Para being lesser than nightblade?
    I can see it.
    Pyro being less than nightblade? Nope.



    Mmm...no...because its been pretty well established that I hate everyone equally.
    Its just convenient for you not to remember this fact due to cognitive dissonance.
    Its just that you are wrong when comparing Nightblade against pyro and saying Nightblade does more.

    If we consider the health point where there burst is at its greatest.
    Pyro beats it.
    Being able to drop double inferno, a cinderburst, countdown ,two fusillades and a Fulminate within the 1.5s GCD is pretty friggin disgusting.
    Heck...its why Mage's deserved to get nerfed back in Vanilla rift.
    i dont compare my pyro im rank 83 with 200 CP. i compare top pyros vs top nbs and top nbs have melted my 44k warlord in 4 secs. pyros dont even fear my chloro. i mean its not even close IMO. not that pyro isnt awesome because i think it is but nb para and even shaman have better burst. and this is all from playing chloro which obv gets focused much more than my warrior

  6. #501
    Ascendant
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    3,918

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dday View Post
    pyros vs top nbs and top nbs have melted my 44k warlord in 4 secs.
    There are two flaws in the way you are gathering your data Dday.

    1. You are comparing it to Warlord, which is a spec that has damage mitigation towards ranged attacks.
    2. You are based it off of purely anecdotal evidence, you're not really bothering to look at the actual burst rotation and the damage that is being perpetuated.

    The amount of damage that Pyro can drop compared to Nightblade, is significantly higher. If you are seeing anything different, it is either due to your spec, the people you are playing against, or a combination of both.


    Nightblade has some disgusting burst, but Pyro has stronger burst but its harder to pull off due to the number of abilities as well as the requirement of having a proc.
    Quote Originally Posted by wickede View Post
    please just stop posting your misinformation here
    Quote Originally Posted by Wickede
    how often you "snipe heals" is also important

  7. #502
    Ascendant dday's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    6,727

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Katosu View Post
    There are two flaws in the way you are gathering your data Dday.

    1. You are comparing it to Warlord, which is a spec that has damage mitigation towards ranged attacks.
    2. You are based it off of purely anecdotal evidence, you're not really bothering to look at the actual burst rotation and the damage that is being perpetuated.

    The amount of damage that Pyro can drop compared to Nightblade, is significantly higher. If you are seeing anything different, it is either due to your spec, the people you are playing against, or a combination of both.


    Nightblade has some disgusting burst, but Pyro has stronger burst but its harder to pull off due to the number of abilities as well as the requirement of having a proc.
    again i disagree and im not comparing it to pyro vs warlord i just have seen what happens when both gets crits and nb hits harder. the difference to me is NB is harder to pull off and very few nbs do it while pyro is a very easy spec. and again i dont judge it on my play for pyro, my gear stinks.

    NB hits harder than anything in the game in pvp over their burst period. paragon hits the hardest in 1 gcd with double RH crits and sb procs. what makes nb better is para can be countered by shields and its not killing someone with just those crits. nb damage is over a few more seconds but its higher. honestly para might be right there with max CP too or even higher. the bottom line is pyro is not with those two specs, yea you could get a close but para and nb are better on average and on all crits.

    cinder burst, count down, fusillade, fulminate, inferno, fusillade, inferno is pretty gross though. i am excited to get my mage to max gear and get some CP behind that cycle

  8. #503
    Ascendant
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    3,918

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dday View Post
    cinder burst, count down, fusillade, fulminate, inferno, fusillade, inferno is pretty gross though. i am excited to get my mage to max gear and get some CP behind that cycle
    Well, the reason you're going to see a difference in burst is primarily because Mage's just dont crit as often.
    That will change a bit when stormcaller changes, but if you look at the base damage, not considering the crits, you'll see that within the 1s GCD, pyromancer really isn't rivaled by anyone else.

    Sure nightblade can burst more often which is why you may think it bursts harder, but pyromancer just has a ridiculous amount of damage.
    So much so, that Kervik may have to consider putting Cinderburst back onto the GCD due tot he Pyro buffs
    Its that insane.

    Try it out on the PTS.
    Quote Originally Posted by wickede View Post
    please just stop posting your misinformation here
    Quote Originally Posted by Wickede
    how often you "snipe heals" is also important

  9. #504
    Rift Disciple GroovedSpines's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    125

    Default

    Hi there, just thought I'd mention a couple things I've noticed.

    On the PTS, liberator heal values have not adjusted with the health pool changes. This may be an intentional design decision to make raids less twitch-reaction focused on the heals and to reward HoT heavy specs like liberator and warden. If this was not intentional, then it is here for reference.

    On another note, Liberator appears to have a small quirk of having no effective way to eliminate attack points with ST heals.

    The only ST heal finisher is Prolonged Recovery, which is a 3x stacking HoT. Once that's up, there's no reason to spend attack points for ST heals.

    This also could be an intentional design decision, as I've only started playing liberator this week. It just feels a bit off to me to have 3 attack points that I can't spend to help keep a tank alive in experts, instead using things like Quick Remedy for a free 3 attack points (on top of the 3 I already have).

    Now, one way to spend attack points would be dumping all 3 for Corrective Measures for a small HoT on the entire group and then using quick remedy, but it's an HPS loss if you're trying to keep your tank alive.

    Will continue to note things I find. Have a good day.

  10. #505
    Ascendant
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    3,131

    Default

    Liberator is An AoE healer, ST abilities are basically an after though. You use you AoE finisher as your ST finisher.
    Burst before or after Rift implosion, never both.

  11. #506
    Rift Disciple
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    New York City
    Posts
    169

    Default

    any chance of this soul being useful in 3.0?
    Quote Originally Posted by Daglar View Post
    ...its totally possible that a bug exists somewhere. ~Daglar

  12. #507
    Plane Walker
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    434

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jeffvader View Post
    any chance of this soul being useful in 3.0?
    Very doubtful.

  13. #508
    Rift Master GreatWhiteNinja's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    659

    Default

    shocker when we all said this spec would be very niche and pointless as our only heal soul...glad no one listened

  14. #509
    Ascendant
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    3,131

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GreatWhiteNinja View Post
    shocker when we all said this spec would be very niche and pointless as our only heal soul...glad no one listened
    Would hold more weight if you weren't on a second account there buddy.
    Burst before or after Rift implosion, never both.

  15. #510
    Rift Master GreatWhiteNinja's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    659

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Repster View Post
    Would hold more weight if you weren't on a second account there buddy.
    i mean come rep how many libs do you see running around? proof is in the pudding my friend.

    very few raid fights require one as far as i've read and its a glorified warden in pvp. phytact is better in every way

    we can keep ignoring how bad our class is as a whole or we can wake up and smell the coffee. idk all i know is come 3.0 my warrior will strictly be for crafting with the gear resets

+ Reply to Thread
Page 34 of 40 FirstFirst ... 24 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts