+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 69 1 2 3 4 5 11 51 ... LastLast
Like Tree135Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Upcoming Warrior Changes - 2.6 and Beyond.

1.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #1
    Rift Team

Default Upcoming Warrior Changes - 2.6 and Beyond.

Ok, so finally getting around to editing this and posting some of the changes that are currently up on PTS along with some that I have floating around in my head. Keep in mind that this list is a work in progress and will be updated regularly. If you don't see something on the list right now, that doesn't mean that I'm not thinking about it or working on it.

Coming Soon:
    Warlord:
    • Warlord’s Soul Gift – Each point spent in Warlord increases damage by 1%.

Void Knight:

• Accords are no longer affected by pacts. They give buffs equal to what they would have with 10 pacts now.
    • Spark: No longer generates an Attack Point
    • Ragestorm: Changed to Air damage from Physical. Cooldown lowered to global. Consumes up to 3 pacts on use.
    • Fusion of Flesh: No longer consumes pacts.
    • Devouring Shield: No longer a finisher. Absorbs a flat amount. Off GCD. 2m cooldown. Stacks with Rift Shield and Fusion of Flesh.
    Talents:

Tier 1:

(Repurposed) Energy Retention: Increases weapon damage and attack power by 2/4/6/8/10%.

Tier 2:
    • Accord of Resilience swaps places with Void Propulsion. 4 point root ability to Tier 2 in tree.
    • Destructive Forces and Empowered armor are now swapped in the talent tree.
    • (Adjusted) Accord of Resilience: Does not stack with Shield of the Hero (paladin). Same stats as Shield of the Hero (3% armor, 9% resist).
    • Empowered Armor is now Increases Armor by 2/4/6/8/10%.
    • Efficient Conversion: Added “Increases duration of pacts by 5/10/15s” to make up for Energy Retention going away.
    Tier 4:
    • Destructive Forces is now 0.5/1.0/1.5%
    • Fixed an error in Destructive Forces that made it deal less damage that it was supposed to.
    Paladin:
    • Interfere: No longer generates an Attack Point
    • Light’s Benediction: Lowered damage
    • Reverent Protection: Now an ranged life damage AoE. Same 30s cooldown. 20m range. Needs to be renamed.
    Tier 1:
    A Good Defense swaps places with Vengeful Wrath. Tier 1 to Tier 2 in tree.
    (Repurposed) Vengeful Wrath: Increases weapon damage and attack power by 2/4/6/8/10%.

Tier 2:
    (Adjusted) A Good Defense: Reworded to “Increases damage and healing by abilities that generate attack points by 2/4/6/9/10%”.

Lot of good ideas already in this thread and I've still got plenty of notes from the last thread. Keep them ideas coming! As always, keep the thread constructive.
    Last edited by Vladd; 08-22-2014 at 01:46 PM.
    Lead Designer - RIFT

Firsting this thing dammit, mmmmmm lol.

#retiredBear #teamBBCs #puffForeverMad

Thinking about coming back to Rift, looks like a lot of interesting changes in the last 6 months.
    what is this I don't even

Quote Originally Posted by Pines View Post
    Thinking about coming back to Rift, looks like a lot of interesting changes in the last 6 months.
    Get tired of the **** show that is FF13? Where you been hiding Pines!!

Soulwalker

To ^ post(or this post too) : too much "constructive"

Plane Walker

My healers thank you for the ambient engorgement change Vladd. Are we getting an update soon on further changes to VK and pally to compensate for the loss of reaver? Would like to see what your proposed changes are to the souls in order to make us functional AE ranged tanks.
    Oceanic raiding, robot style.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PCdbUbNFLLQ

Maybe not the right place, so sorry for that if it is. Noticed few things today in VK build:

- timers are bugging out for me (starting at 44s, counting down to 42s and then reset to 44s again).
    - not sure if this wai, but ambient engorgement now providing a pact every 3s even out of combat? Might be due to timers not resetting, but atm I'm running continuesly on 10 pacts which makes building pacts a big pain. Building pacts is one of our threat basis: see surge.

Both bugged but might be just a timer issue. On ambient I hope it only builds in combat? I don't want to start combat with 10pacts and blow all my CD's to lower them in order to build threat (unstable reaction builds some nice threat with the pact system).

Quote Originally Posted by Ides View Post
    Maybe not the right place, so sorry for that if it is. Noticed few things today in VK build:

- timers are bugging out for me (starting at 44s, counting down to 42s and then reset to 44s again).
    - not sure if this wai, but ambient engorgement now providing a pact every 3s even out of combat? Might be due to timers not resetting, but atm I'm running continuesly on 10 pacts which makes building pacts a big pain. Building pacts is one of our threat basis: see surge.

Both bugged but might be just a timer issue. On ambient I hope it only builds in combat? I don't want to start combat with 10pacts and blow all my CD's to lower them in order to build threat (unstable reaction builds some nice threat with the pact system).
    nvm, was early and still sleepy. Timer counts down from 44s to 42s and then resets, adding a pact due to ambient engorgement change. Still don't like it I'm now running into combat with 10pacts already. Rather would have it only in-combat. Building pacts is part of our threat system (see surge in the soul tree) and especially in at the start a massive build in pacts results in enough threat to stay on top of the threat-food-chain with some good dps'ers about. Spark + unstable is an awesome start due to quickly building pacts = massive threat to counter the massive spike dps at the start of a fight.
    Last edited by Ides; 02-12-2014 at 10:24 PM.

Champion of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Ides View Post
    nvm, was early and still sleepy. Timer counts down from 44s to 42s and then resets, adding a pact due to ambient engorgement change. Still don't like it I'm now running into combat with 10pacts already. Rather would have it only in-combat. Building pacts is part of our threat system (see surge in the soul tree) and especially in at the start a massive build in pacts results in enough threat to stay on top of the threat-food-chain with some good dps'ers about. Spark + unstable is an awesome start due to quickly building pacts = massive threat to counter the massive spike dps at the start of a fight.
    for your education -- even if you are at 10 pacts, you will still continue to gain pacts (invisibly since your counter wont go above 10) which means you will continue to gain threat.
    All of it works seamlessly.
    u should unstable THEN spark for best threat though, not the other way around.
    have to say the VK change is amazing. love it.

still have to mess with reaver but didn't have time before raid to get it set up properly with the new macros id need to make it work smoothly
    Drakkles - Warrior - Jynxed
    ]

Quote Originally Posted by Drathek View Post
    for your education -- even if you are at 10 pacts, you will still continue to gain pacts (invisibly since your counter wont go above 10) which means you will continue to gain threat.
    All of it works seamlessly.
    u should unstable THEN spark for best threat though, not the other way around.
    have to say the VK change is amazing. love it.

still have to mess with reaver but didn't have time before raid to get it set up properly with the new macros id need to make it work smoothly
    sorry but that makes no sense whatsoever. If you keep building why doesn't it normally show it? In addition, by your reasoning, if you stand still for half an hour with building a pact per 3 seconds that would result in 20 pacts (60s a min / 1 pact every 3 secs) a min * 30mins in half an hour = 600 pacts. If you use all your pact consuming skills it wouldn't even make a dent in that number. Even after half an hour you can still use a pact-consuming skill and see the counter go down. So the numbers don't seem to support your reasoning and I'm therefore not inclined to believe this. It's more likely the number 10 is your max. But eventhen, just letting the number run up out of combat makes no sense whatsoever mainly since part of our threat is based upon gaining pacts. Gaining pacts out of combat makes no sense.

And unstable and then spark has no point. Spark forces aggro for 3seconds and with unstable running + building pacts you're on top. Also it copies threat in order to swap tanks and copying your own threat makes no sense at all: 100 threat = 100 threat, no matter how many times you copy it. In addition you won't have the attack points to start unstable, which is my main reason to start with spark (+ your strigger happy pewpew'ers can start so you have 3 secs to start unstable :P).

I hope you see my points and why I wonder your comments. Can you please elaborate and falsify my thinking? Maybe I'm missing something, but this has been my reasoning. I hope you can explain so I can learn.

Ascendant

Surge activates on gaining a pact. You max being 10 does not matter. It's like getting rewards points for gassing up your car. The pump does not care if the gas goes in your tank or on the floor, it still charges you for every drop, and you get your reward points. Surge is the same way.

You always gain pacts. ALWAYS. The act of gaining the pact is what matters, not the act of storing the pact.

As for Spark. You not always copying your own threat. You need 130% current threat to pull. So if your at 100 and somebody is at 120, he needs 130, and you can set yourself to 156. Does not happen much since VK has crazy threat with all it's DPS, but if your out-geared it can be useful, especially on the initial pull.

You don't open with spark. Or unstable reaction. You Open with Discharge. You used to open with unstable as you were not guaranteed keep the pacts for Discharge between pulls, but you could have Attack Points easily enough, especially if you swapped to para for a quick recharge first. But now? 10 pacts all the time. Full power discharge is a massive hit to start with. Then unstable to pump out surge ticks, and unstable wonderful base threat as well as you run in. The spark to cement threat just in case a dps got in the 30% zone above you.

1 pact, 5 pact, 10 pacts. It does matter. You keep gaining them, surge keeps ticking. You just can't HOLD more then 10. The pact gain itself is wasted, but not the effects on gaining a pact.
    Burst before or after Rift implosion, never both.

Default Upcoming warrior changes

Looking back at the "under the eye of Vladd" posting, who can say Vladd has no idea whats needed for warriors? Keep up the good work and please keep the changes rolling for Beastmaster, could be as easy as replacing one bleed with another instant damage ability. AE viability wouldn't hurt, but isn't needed? What you think?

Plane Walker

Quote Originally Posted by AApache View Post
    Looking back at the "under the eye of Vladd" posting, who can say Vladd has no idea whats needed for warriors?
    Pretty much anyone who has been paying attention for the last several months.

Quote Originally Posted by Sorano View Post
    My healers thank you for the ambient engorgement change Vladd. Are we getting an update soon on further changes to VK and pally to compensate for the loss of reaver? Would like to see what your proposed changes are to the souls in order to make us functional AE ranged tanks.
    its a nice change for full VK but it does nothing for hybrids.Ambient needs to be lower in the Vk tree so plain and simple.they also need to buff the hell out of the lower trees of both vk and pally since reaver is gone and to give us better choices for hybrids.

im not going to hold my breath at all,after seeing what 2.6 did/not do,is 3.0 something to look forward to?
    I did not invent Warladin I perfected it!
    rifts #1 warlord!
    rifts #1 pull tank!
    Your weakness builds me!
    Butkus@seastone

Quote Originally Posted by Ranik View Post
    Pretty much anyone who has been paying attention for the last several months.
    Id say from looking at all the posts you have made in the forums recently you need to call your daddy and resolve those childhood issues you had with him.

Goodluck and try to be more constructive

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 69 1 2 3 4 5 11 51 ... LastLast