+ Reply to Thread
Page 62 of 69 FirstFirst ... 12 52 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 ... LastLast
Like Tree135Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Upcoming Warrior Changes - 2.6 and Beyond.

General of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by GreatWhiteNinja View Post
    When they got rid of poth they ended the fun of warrior. To this day I blame tempest and the redoing of all our fun souls to why warrior has been the least fun class to play
    You raise an interesting point... fun. The warrior calling used to be a lot more... fun. PotH was always fun to fire off. It had a great animation, how it flew all over the place and was funny when you pulled half the room.
    We dont really have anything that is fun. I am not talking about highest dps here or optimal rotations etc, I mean fun, is it fun?:

Clerics have things like soul drain which flies off pew pew or those aoe bubbles in cabalist and warden or can turn people into monsters with defiler.
    Mages can turn into liches and weird harbringer angel things or summon zombies, turn people into squirrels or channel fireballs at high speed at people.
    Rogues have cool ninja skills, can fire torrents of flames from crazy guns, fire rains of arrows, can recall to previous positions as a tank and launch bombs and molotovs at people.

Warriors don't have a lot of fun things. Riftspear is quite funny I suppose or chains of death as it flies around. Paragon is boring, there is no fun in it. The paths were taking away, interesting skills like the white attack damage removed(you could have an essence that made you hit twice which was funny with that skill), I enjoyed Beastmaster as well, catching stealthed rogues in PVP and fighting with my cat Gary (who I miss using) who would randomly attack and cause silly wipes. People on mumble would laugh at silly Gary going crazy again.
    Warlord although not used loads(was great to have an off tank one though) was fun for all the unique skills it had.
    Void Knight used to be this cool anti magic dude that can burn peoples mana with every hit.

Am I mad or do people think the warrior calling is indeed not so fun at the moment
    Last edited by Balidin; 09-29-2014 at 07:13 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Balidin View Post
    You raise an interesting point... fun. The warrior calling used to be a lot more... fun. PotH was always fun to fire off. It had a great animation, how it flew all over the place and was funny when you pulled half the room.
    We dont really have anything that is fun. I am not talking about highest dps here or optimal rotations etc, I mean fun, is it fun?:

Clerics have things like soul drain which flies off pew pew or those aoe bubbles in cabalist and warden or can turn people into monsters with defiler.
    Mages can turn into liches and weird harbringer angel things or summon zombies, turn people into squirrels or channel fireballs at high speed at people.
    Rogues have cool ninja skills, can fire torrents of flames from crazy guns, fire rains of arrows, can recall to previous positions as a tank and launch bombs and molotovs at people.

Warriors don't have a lot of fun things. Riftspear is quite funny I suppose or chains of death as it flies around. Paragon is boring, there is no fun in it. The paths were taking away, interesting skills like the white attack damage removed(you could have an essence that made you hit twice which was funny with that skill), I enjoyed Beastmaster as well, catching stealthed rogues in PVP and fighting with my cat Gary (who I miss using) who would randomly attack and cause silly wipes. People on mumble would laugh at silly Gary going crazy again.
    Warlord although not used loads(was great to have an off tank one though) was fun for all the unique skills it had.
    Void Knight used to be this cool anti magic dude that can burn peoples mana with every hit.

Am I mad or do people think the warrior calling is indeed not so fun at the moment
    0 specs play fluid or fun IMO. everything is slow and with the DR the way it is we just dont have a fun class. i miss ranged cds, i miss frenzied strike, i miss RB ports since charges are so slow, i miss faster play with ogcd attacks and finishers, i miss having a unique ability in wfs

every rogue soul is not only better or as good as warrior souls but just way more fun, plus they have way more to them. outside of ranger which is like the warlord of range souls every rogue spec has more to it for max performance. even paragon is so boring with how it plays.

General of Telara

I always felt like 1.11 was the moment when someone came in and smashed my favorite toy to bits. Then squeezed a big heap of glue on top of the table and thrown all the bits into it. Smacked it a few times to give it a very rough shape of what it used to be like, which was more of a mocking than imitation, and said "There you go man, Storm Legion! gl, hf!"

Pre-sl warrior was amazing fun, 1.11 totally ruined it and it sadly never recovered. I honestly doubt it ever will.
    Ervun@Typhiria Vrablord@Typhiria
    Apotheosys
    HK 10/11

Quote Originally Posted by Vrab View Post
    I always felt like 1.11 was the moment when someone came in and smashed my favorite toy to bits. Then squeezed a big heap of glue on top of the table and thrown all the bits into it. Smacked it a few times to give it a very rough shape of what it used to be like, which was more of a mocking than imitation, and said "There you go man, Storm Legion! gl, hf!"

Pre-sl warrior was amazing fun, 1.11 totally ruined it and it sadly never recovered. I honestly doubt it ever will.
    yup everyone wants to talk about how OP 38/28 was, which it was but we had some many other fun builds besides that. In Sl they gutted everything and we never made a comeback.

used loads(was great to have an off tank one though) was fun for all the unique skills it had.

Superman warlord was fun in pvp and the pull was the single unique skill warrior had in SL over other classes. Other than that warrior is pretty boring.

6.   This is the last Rift Team post in this thread.   #921
    Rift Team

Default Upcoming Change - Arc/Shifting Blades

In the next PTS update, I'm making a change to these two abilities that will be for the betterment of the Warrior calling. This will eliminate some of the deviant hybrids and open up many more possibilities for the calling over all.

First off, Shifting Blades and Sweeping Blades are exchanging places. This is so Shifting Blades and Arc are both at 28 points in the root. Plus, if you are going 26+ points into Paragon, it's not for Sweeping Blades, it's for Shifting Blades.

Secondly, both Shifting Blades and Arc are changing to this as the base:

1 Point: 10% of the damage of the initial attack.
    2 Points: 20% of the damage of the initial attack.
    3 Points: 30% of the damage of the initial attack.

These percentages are then augmented by points spent in the soul above 28. For each point in soul, the percentage is increased by 0.36%. That is then multiplied by the number of Attack Points used.

What this means is that at 56 points spent in soul, Shifting Blades and Arc are at their current power of 20/40/60%. At 61 points spent, they will be 22%/43%/65% which is a gain for the 57+ point specs of those souls. However, the hybrids will be hit pretty hard but in most cases it was these hybrids that were dictating design changes and limitations.

Be sure to jump on PTS tomorrow (if there is an update) to test the changes. Feel free to post or PM parses as well.

Plane Walker

Quote Originally Posted by Vladd View Post
    In the next PTS update, I'm making a change to these two abilities that will be for the betterment of the Warrior calling. This will eliminate some of the deviant hybrids and open up many more possibilities for the calling over all.
    Isn't it about time the game developers just drop the pretenses and limit every build to one pure 61 point tree with the 15 spare points to go into any other two? If the game doesn't want to live up to the promise of diverse role customization options then just do away with sub 61 pt. builds already and completely stop advertising the game as hybrid friendly.

Upcoming Warrior hybrids were breaking balance in a terrible fashion, mainly because of their dependency on Arc/SB. With this change in place it will be much easier to bring up numbers elsewhere as to not break things quite so drastically. Instead of these singular abilities being the main cause of concern, it can/will be a variety of abilities that can be balanced accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Kenjitamura View Post
    Isn't it about time the game developers just drop the pretenses and limit every build to one pure 61 point tree with the 15 spare points to go into any other two? If the game doesn't want to live up to the promise of diverse role customization options then just do away with sub 61 pt. builds already and completely stop advertising the game as hybrid friendly.
    Well.... they could always do what SWTOR is doing.

Quote Originally Posted by Kenjitamura View Post
    Agreed, the mastery system was suppose to encourage hybrid builds but it's nothing more than elite levels with your choices of bonuses, and with the phrases "deviant hyrbids" (which translates into "hybrid builds approved by Trion") it's becoming obvious that Trion is wanting hybrids to die out and 61 point builds to be king.

Quote Originally Posted by KelbornOrdo View Post
    Well.... they could always do what SWTOR is doing.
    They would lose a wide majority of their player base if they did that. One of the biggest features of Rift is the class system and being able to change roles and builds on the fly.

Quote Originally Posted by Necalli View Post
    "deviant hyrbids"
    Instead of using that, use "deviant skills" instead, because the truth of the matter is Arc/SB are broken skills that are extremely difficult to balance around when each and every build requires them to perform well. The change to these skills is nothing but good.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Sedvick View Post
    Instead of using that, use "deviant skills" instead, because the truth of the matter is Arc/SB are broken skills that are extremely difficult to balance around when each and every build requires them to perform well. The change to these skills is nothing but good.
    Yeah, pretty much this, LOOK at the most prevalent warrior builds, and it's SB/ARC all over the place. You have one or the other, and your entire rotation is about maximizing it. Just look at some terrible warrior guides that have been posted, and comments on any Tempest/Paragon rotations. "Your wasting procs on X ability" or " your pushing it back" etc, will crop up.

This that the first thing you think about for future abilities and whatnot won't start with "Yeah, sure sounds great, but how does it interact with Shifting Blades" Because that's what always went through my mind every single time any change was suggested.
    Burst before or after Rift implosion, never both.

Telaran

If that will eliminate the hybrids why not put the percentages to the value that they had b4 the last nerf (that was pushed against hyrids as well) - 90 % at 3 points or at least 75%.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Vladd View Post

First off, Shifting Blades and Sweeping Blades are exchanging places. This is so Shifting Blades and Arc are both at 28 points in the root. Plus, if you are going 26+ points into Paragon, it's not for Sweeping Blades, it's for Shifting Blades.

Secondly, both Shifting Blades and Arc are changing to this as the base:

1 Point: 10% of the damage of the initial attack.
    2 Points: 20% of the damage of the initial attack.
    3 Points: 30% of the damage of the initial attack.

These percentages are then augmented by points spent in the soul above 28. For each point in soul, the percentage is increased by 0.36%. That is then multiplied by the number of Attack Points used.

What this means is that at 56 points spent in soul, Shifting Blades and Arc are at their current power of 20/40/60%. At 61 points spent, they will be 22%/43%/65% which is a gain for the 57+ point specs of those souls. However, the hybrids will be hit pretty hard but in most cases it was these hybrids that were dictating design changes and limitations.

Be sure to jump on PTS tomorrow (if there is an update) to test the changes. Feel free to post or PM parses as well.
    So even at full 61 points Arc would still only be at 65% I dont think its still enough to make arc worth using during Wavelength is it? Maybe not scaling to 90% but the old 75% is great I mean at least it was worth it during Wavelength which saves some energy too.

RIFT Guide Writer

Isn't this change to SB and Arc exactly what Byaku suggested in the tempagon days? Better late than never I guess
    Acuta - Apotheosys

+ Reply to Thread
Page 62 of 69 FirstFirst ... 12 52 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 ... LastLast