+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 69 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 16 56 ... LastLast
Like Tree135Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Upcoming Warrior Changes - 2.6 and Beyond.

Quote Originally Posted by Vladd View Post
    This is pretty much the goal of the change. Leave ST fairly unchanged but remove clunky interactions with Rift Implosion. They do get a bit of an AoE buff as Storm Burst and Earth Burst can be used multiple times outside of their normal cooldown.
    Vladd, the QoL change is welcomed but I don't understand your thoughts on the ST, especially considering where the other warrior souls are in terms of ST.

I don't know what your findings are, but these are mine(both in personal dummy sessions and practical application in raids). If Paragon is the baseline, the relative percentage dps of the other popular souls/hybrids:

100% Para
    96-98% 54/22Parachamp, Paralord, Warpest
    93-94% Tempest
    91-92% 51T/17P/8RB
    85-87% Riftblade
    84-85% 61Champion single target

Additionally, in terms of balance relative to the other callings, Para and RB are at the polar extremes. Para crushes everything by a few thousand, while RB isn't even in the ballpark. Not sure how you justify this grouping, specifically RB losing to ranged specs in ST and 61Champion being so competitive with it in ST.

Quote Originally Posted by NotTrev View Post
    Vladd, the QoL change is welcomed but I don't understand your thoughts on the ST, especially considering where the other warrior souls are in terms of ST.

I don't know what your findings are, but these are mine(both in personal dummy sessions and practical application in raids). If Paragon is the baseline, the relative percentage dps of the other popular souls/hybrids:

100% Para
    96-98% 54/22Parachamp, Paralord, Warpest
    93-94% Tempest
    91-92% 51T/17P/8RB
    85-87% Riftblade
    84-85% 61Champion single target

Additionally, in terms of balance relative to the other callings, Para and RB are at the polar extremes. Para crushes everything by a few thousand, while RB isn't even in the ballpark. Not sure how you justify this grouping, specifically RB losing to ranged specs in ST and 61Champion being so competitive with it in ST.

RB is our baseline, not Paragon...or it used to be when Ailion was or dev. Paragon can be 1-2k above everything or right in line. I'd personally like to see Paragons' top end burst brought down, but be more stable and balanced instead of the crazy RNG ******** we contend with now.

Rift Disciple

When will there be any Reaver changes on the PTS? or is that long ways off? Would be cool to get more pvp viability specs. All we have now at P90 is warlord and its boring as dirt to play.

Quote Originally Posted by Killian26 View Post
    RB is our baseline, not Paragon...or it used to be when Ailion was or dev. Paragon can be 1-2k above everything or right in line. I'd personally like to see Paragons' top end burst brought down, but be more stable and balanced instead of the crazy RNG ******** we contend with now.
    the devs have made it impossible to balance because of how souls work and what they do.

should go rb nb necro druid st/aoe
    warlock/shaman/sin/para/harb pure st
    pyro temp INQ Ranger ST range

that gives a baseline for everyone to top parses on fights with pure range st, pure melee st and a mix of both. make warlock harb and shaman lose their aoe and make warlock a turret spec with a complicated rotation. its asinine to make a range class go melee to compete with top dps. its also asinine to have top st souls put out lol aoe too.

until they fix that this game will never be balanced. its only going to get worse when they give out healing souls to everyone and not make them capable of doing the same thing .

either you keep classes separate where everyone is the best at something or you blend everyone and any class can be the best at anything. anything in between is a cluster @#$%

Quote Originally Posted by Vladd View Post
    Paladin:

New Ability: Amnesty - Buffs a raid member, clearing their threat with enemies and transferring 100% of the threat generated to the Warrior for 6s. This is a 20 point root ability.
    New Ability: Divine Edict - Increases the threat generated by damaging abilities based on the Warrior's endurance. This is a 40 point root ability.

Void Knight:

New Ability: Impunity - Intercept 50% of the damage that an ally receives for 6s. This is a 32 point root ability.
    New Ability: Void Presence - Increases the threat generated by damaging abilities based on the Warrior's endurance. This is a 40 point root ability.
    What happens to the current root abilities? Do they get replaced or are there 2 root abilities at those 2 points?

Also, I can imagine using Impunity on Crucia. If the Warrior is fast enough, he can pop Impunity on the second tank and let the damage the second tank takes to pop himself out of mind control.
    Shinryujin | Tsuyuko | Chieri | Kimiyomi

Ascendant

2 abilities at the root. Has to be or Paladin would lose it's AoE taunt. Which is kinda important being one of the basic tanking tools.
    Burst before or after Rift implosion, never both.

Plane Walker

Quote Originally Posted by superhbman View Post
    Also, I can imagine using Impunity on Crucia. If the Warrior is fast enough, he can pop Impunity on the second tank and let the damage the second tank takes to pop himself out of mind control.
    Yeah I'm sure that that would be fixed rapidly to not count for mechanics like the tank breakout on Crucia. Doubt it's intended to be used in that context.
    Oceanic raiding, robot style.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PCdbUbNFLLQ

Rift Disciple

Instead of focusing on small qol changes,Ijust want to focus on overall class balance.The truth is,mages for ex.dont have real single target soul.Harbinger and warlock are behind sins and paragons on 1 target,but have real adwantage in any fight with more than 1 target present(blademark+fluff aoe,multidotting).Shaman is beyond any equation(lol pre SLE champion).I tnink every class should have PURE SINGLE TARGET option equal to sin/para(no aoe).

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by mageto View Post
    Instead of focusing on small qol changes,Ijust want to focus on overall class balance.The truth is,mages for ex.dont have real single target soul.Harbinger and warlock are behind sins and paragons on 1 target,but have real adwantage in any fight with more than 1 target present(blademark+fluff aoe,multidotting).Shaman is beyond any equation(lol pre SLE champion).I tnink every class should have PURE SINGLE TARGET option equal to sin/para(no aoe).
    Thread title = Warrior changes in 2.6 and beyond. In warrior discussion forum. Made by the Warrior/Rogue dev. Go complain somewhere else about mages needing a buff/changes to soul design. Possibly here http://forums.riftgame.com/game-disc...ge-discussion/

Rift Disciple

Repster,i dont compain about mages :-).I play warrior-and I feel paragon/tempest nerfs incoming.With para being pure st and crap options for any st+aoe fo warriors(lol rb joke),buffing harb/warlock to match para /temp single target will simply remove warriors from endgame-and I dont want that.Thats why I advocate pure ST option for every class.

Ascendant

We HAVE a pure ST option. You want to ADD them to OTHER classes. That's not about warriors. That about the other classes. Mage being what you focused more on in your posts.

You want MAGES, and clerics, to have a pure ST soul.

What your suggesting? Mage and cleric buffs. Mage and cleric redesign. Things that don't belong in a topic that's about changes for warriors.

Remove warriors from endgame? You sound like your afraid of losing a raid slot to a mage. Here's how you avoid that.

Get better you freebirth wetnosed scrub.

Rift Disciple

What abot you going back to nursery school?they may change your napper you know,if your parents are incapable...

13.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #88
    Rift Team

Guys... seriously, keep the insults and personal jabs out of the thread. Keep it constructive.

14.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #89
    Rift Team

Oh, and while I'm here... anymore feedback on the Burst Synergy change as it stands on PTS? I'd like to push that live with next week's patch if everyone is happy with it.

General of Telara

I have pm'd vladd about this a couple of times with no response so I will put it here.

Could we please get tooltips updated to detail the following:

Bullrush effect in PVP (increasing crit chance per nearby player)
    Clear the breach effect in PVP (players take damage when they use an ability)
    Thread the trees effect in PVP (I cant actually remember what this one does cos they tool tip doesn't state and I dont use it in pvp)

Riftblade 'blade' buffs having their % chance updated when the 'elemental flux' talent is taken.

Confirmation that Riftblades 'elemental precision' only effects spell resist and not armour pen (updated acordingly)

Apart from tooltip changes could we please get Vladd's thoughts on Warlord energy issues and any changes to BM?

My thoughts on Warlord:

Change seasoned to effect all warlord abilities (you might be able to remove the 5% energy reduction off ready posture then)
    Change 'Ready Posture' to 6% crit damage (up from 5%)
    Radically change Battefield experience to be a buff like the 61 blade dancer talent that increases armour pen by say 80-100% + a small crit damage bonus(if needed) for
    15 seconds.

PLEASE make king of the hill a 'kick' animation like it always should have been (use thunderous kick animation asset that you already have!)

Bali

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 69 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 16 56 ... LastLast