+ Reply to Thread
Page 38 of 69 FirstFirst ... 28 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 48 ... LastLast
Like Tree135Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Upcoming Warrior Changes - 2.6 and Beyond.

1.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #556
    Rift Team

To answer your questions about the Reaver, I'm working on it right now. Expect a new thread on Monday with all the details on what is changing and hopefully a PTS update soon after with the changes in place.

Also, Paladin and Void Knight will be getting some rework as part of the Reaver revamp. Focusing mostly on the lower tiers to make them more appealing to hybrids and a few QoL changes.

Spoilers:

Void Knight:

Accords will no longer be tied to the amount of pacts that you have. They will provide flat bonuses for each buff.

Reaver:

Shadow Strike: Talent - Dire Blow and Ravaging Strike now deal X% additional Death damage for each Reaver damage over time effect on the target.

Quote Originally Posted by Vladd View Post
    To answer your questions about the Reaver, I'm working on it right now. Expect a new thread on Monday with all the details on what is changing and hopefully a PTS update soon after with the changes in place.

Also, Paladin and Void Knight will be getting some rework as part of the Reaver revamp. Focusing mostly on the lower tiers to make them more appealing to hybrids and a few QoL changes.

Spoilers:

Void Knight:

Accords will no longer be tied to the amount of pacts that you have. They will provide flat bonuses for each buff.

Reaver:

Shadow Strike: Talent - Dire Blow and Ravaging Strike now deal X% additional Death damage for each Reaver damage over time effect on the target.
    All though I am pleased to get some feedback from you saying that it is being addressed, I am reluctant to believe that we will see any of this in the near future. It's been 7 months since the idea was pitched and we havent had a single PTS update to test your ideas.

Best of luck though. It's got to suck to be in your shoes. If it's not better than the other souls everything you did will be a complete waste of time. If it is to much better then the rest of the souls get ignored for the new FOtM.
    The above post is most likely cynical, sarcastic, offensive, rude, unnecessary, and informative. I apologize for any information gained from said post. It was meant purely to be cynical, sarcastic, offensive, rude, and unnecessary.

General of Telara

Reaver:

Does this mean reaver will be... melee? That's so out of the box for trion, but would make me very happy if it's true. :P
    Ervun@Typhiria Vrablord@Typhiria
    Apotheosys
    HK 10/11

Ascendant

Will you be reducing the number of abilities available as well Vladd?
    Quote Originally Posted by wickede View Post
    please just stop posting your misinformation here
    Quote Originally Posted by Wickede
    how often you "snipe heals" is also important

Spoilers:

Void Knight:

Reaver:

Vladd, you said my favorite word, hybrid. I'm incredibly excited for these changes, looking forward to Monday!

6.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #561
    Rift Team

Quote Originally Posted by Katosu View Post
    Will you be reducing the number of abilities available as well Vladd?
    Yes, the Reaver is getting the same treatment as the Stormcaller and Pyromancer.

Ascendant

Are there any plans to introduce power/mana draining properties to VK like it had with Power sink?
    Quote Originally Posted by wickede View Post
    please just stop posting your misinformation here
    Quote Originally Posted by Wickede
    how often you "snipe heals" is also important

Reaver:

I like where your going with this. so the play style is going to be stack dots then spam builders and finishers, as long as you put an ability to refresh only the dots you cast, this play style wont be to tedious. if I got to re-cast each dot every 15s that mite be to much of a dps lost to justify shadow strikes damage bonus. looking forward to reading your update on monday.
    mixing up role ideals is what rifts all about, changing and adapting makes the game what is today. don't shun change, embrace it.

======Stands In Fire - Server Police - We Are Legend - Dawn Of Terror - Gods Of The Vigil======

Quote Originally Posted by Vrab View Post
    Does this mean reaver will be... melee? That's so out of the box for trion, but would make me very happy if it's true. :P
    He said he's making it a range aoe soul, so Dire Blow and Ravaging Strike mite be range like skyfall and shock pulse. if ravaging strike doesn't get a name change then they mite still be melee abilities.
    mixing up role ideals is what rifts all about, changing and adapting makes the game what is today. don't shun change, embrace it.

======Stands In Fire - Server Police - We Are Legend - Dawn Of Terror - Gods Of The Vigil======

Quote Originally Posted by Katosu View Post
    Are there any plans to introduce power/mana draining properties to VK like it had with Power sink?
    unlikely. the changes to voidknight and paladin are about mitigation not about debilitation. those type of utility's are better for dps souls then tank souls.

Quote Originally Posted by The Nemesis View Post
    He said he's making it a range aoe soul, so Dire Blow and Ravaging Strike mite be range like skyfall and shock pulse. if ravaging strike doesn't get a name change then they mite still be melee abilities.
    When he said that, he said it was still a rough sketch and could easily change. Then I remember the warrior community begging Vladd to not let that happen. Hopefully though the idea Vladd has isn't stand back and shoot death spells but get in the fight and use Plague Bringer to spread diseases to everyone within X amount of meters.

Honestly, I'm hoping to see the glory days of Plague Bringer where you just toggled it.

12.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #567
    Rift Team

Quote Originally Posted by Necalli View Post
    Honestly, I'm hoping to see the glory days of Plague Bringer where you just toggled it.
    Funny you should mention that... Plague Bringer is still there and it's back to a toggle. It was one of my favorite things about the original Reaver.

Ascendant

That melee warlock.

Funny you should mention that... Plague Bringer is still there and it's back to a toggle. It was one of my favorite things about the original Reaver.
    Vladd, I'm going to have my wife bake you a massive delicious cake and I will bring it to you, that is just amazing!

Shield of Telara

festerblight plz

+ Reply to Thread
Page 38 of 69 FirstFirst ... 28 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 48 ... LastLast