+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 69 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 13 53 ... LastLast
Like Tree135Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Upcoming Warrior Changes - 2.6 and Beyond.

Quote Originally Posted by Sorano View Post
    My healers thank you for the ambient engorgement change Vladd. Are we getting an update soon on further changes to VK and pally to compensate for the loss of reaver? Would like to see what your proposed changes are to the souls in order to make us functional AE ranged tanks.
    Again not to be the debbie downer, but making us functional AE ranged tanks are possibly low on the priority to-do list. Only possible way to make us any form of a ranged tank would be to give us a ranged spammer (aka get rid of reckless strike or pair it up) and make Surge agro generation equate to DoL (just for simplicity in explanation).

However after they fix the fundamentals, then he can do whatever he pleases (although I shouldn't say that)

#retiredBear #teamBBCs #puffForeverMad

Quote Originally Posted by Ides View Post
    sorry but that makes no sense whatsoever. If you keep building why doesn't it normally show it? In addition, by your reasoning, if you stand still for half an hour with building a pact per 3 seconds that would result in 20 pacts (60s a min / 1 pact every 3 secs) a min * 30mins in half an hour = 600 pacts. If you use all your pact consuming skills it wouldn't even make a dent in that number. Even after half an hour you can still use a pact-consuming skill and see the counter go down. So the numbers don't seem to support your reasoning and I'm therefore not inclined to believe this. It's more likely the number 10 is your max. But eventhen, just letting the number run up out of combat makes no sense whatsoever mainly since part of our threat is based upon gaining pacts. Gaining pacts out of combat makes no sense.

And unstable and then spark has no point. Spark forces aggro for 3seconds and with unstable running + building pacts you're on top. Also it copies threat in order to swap tanks and copying your own threat makes no sense at all: 100 threat = 100 threat, no matter how many times you copy it. In addition you won't have the attack points to start unstable, which is my main reason to start with spark (+ your strigger happy pewpew'ers can start so you have 3 secs to start unstable :P).

I hope you see my points and why I wonder your comments. Can you please elaborate and falsify my thinking? Maybe I'm missing something, but this has been my reasoning. I hope you can explain so I can learn.
    Just our limit in holding pacts is 10. Easiest way to explain it.

Quote Originally Posted by AApache View Post
    im not going to hold my breath at all,after seeing what 2.6 did/not do,is 3.0 something to look forward to?
    Try this and see if it sucks
    http://www.rifthead.com/stc/zzeLuvVzsqhukvlesghuhM0hzks[/QUOTE]

Its more like 2.7 is what we want to look for. 2.6 was QoL changes only.

Quote Originally Posted by Snap View Post
    I never said that...
    Vladd clearly stated that both VK and pally lower tier tree are gonna see changes to be better since they are getting rid of reaver tanking.
    I'm a believer that more than lower points will need to be adjusted to fix our problems along with merging the tanks. As far as hybrids, they are still a possibility to have them similar to the WL/PAL, however it will be like how tanking is currently, compromise one thing for another. As to the 61 builds are going to be pure-bred tank specs capable of handling majority of situations without requiring overgearing.

Rift Disciple

What is the point of this sticky?Any suggestions regarding for ex.warrior utility(pve and pvp)made in previous 40-page tread were ignored.Is it just for rogue/mage trolls to come and cry for warrior nerfs,so they dont have to make another tread every 2 hours or so?

Ascendant

Probably. Put all the whining in one spot so it's easier to sort through everything else.
    Burst before or after Rift implosion, never both.

Quote Originally Posted by mageto View Post
    What is the point of this sticky?Any suggestions regarding for ex.warrior utility(pve and pvp)made in previous 40-page tread were ignored.Is it just for rogue/mage trolls to come and cry for warrior nerfs,so they dont have to make another tread every 2 hours or so?
    haha so true, im all set with posting changes or suggestions. whats the point when they are ignored and trolled by warrior alts or non warriors

Quote Originally Posted by Raive View Post
    Just our limit in holding pacts is 10. Easiest way to explain it.
    well that clears it up...... where is this stated or is this just a general assumption?

If you pour gass in a gastank, tank is full, then it'll overflow. All that gas is wasted. So this just marks an inefficiency in the system ;)

Also: pacts is stolen mana or magical stuff. Makes no sense at all while standing in tempest bay you keep gaining it.

Quote Originally Posted by Ides View Post
    well that clears it up...... where is this stated or is this just a general assumption?

If you pour gass in a gastank, tank is full, then it'll overflow. All that gas is wasted. So this just marks an inefficiency in the system ;)

Also: pacts is stolen mana or magical stuff. Makes no sense at all while standing in tempest bay you keep gaining it.
    There is a lot of "logic" left out on numerous talents/abilities, so to save yourself a headache, you have to put it to the side. I do remember Allion stating about this many moons ago (on my phone so searching is out for me right now). When you proc add a pact, you still get the benefit of Surge. If it worked to where once you reach the cap then you no longer receive the agro benefit, it will literally kill the talent entirely.

Ascendant

Beastmaster

- Take out some of the Bleed abilities. Leave only a select few in there. Generally de-emphasise the DoT angle in favour of more direct-damage so the BM isn't quite so hopeless at target switching.

- Repurpose removed Bleed abilities into attacks that apply the increased physical and non-physical damage taken debuffs.

- New ability: Protective Companion - Toggled. Reduces the Primal Companion's damage dealt and damage taken by x%. Increases it's threat by x%.
    (a tanking pet mode to allow the Beastmaster to be a more competent open world soloist).

- Primal Companion's Bite deals x% more damage per the Warrior's DoT effect on the target, up to 5.

- New Primal Companion Ability (for the empty 4th slot): Intimidate: The target is 5% more likely to be struck by critical hits for x seconds.
    (Lethal Poison analog - a debuff type ability feels appropriate for a Support soul's pet)

Quote Originally Posted by mageto View Post
    Ohh man, the truth hurts.

As much as i know Trion, it'd be a miracle if any of suggested ideas here make it through.

12.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #42
    Rift Team

Updated the original post.
    Lead Designer - RIFT

Quote Originally Posted by Vladd View Post
    Love the Void Knight change; adds some flavor and complements the shielding aspect.
    Cool Paladin change, not sure how it will affect the meta, but I suppose it can be put to more applicable use than the heals .

And for Riftblade, do you mean that a finisher can be applied 3 times at the same time?
    Hm. Wow. That could be a handful in PVP (and maybe even for threat in PVE).

---
    I know you aren't looking into Tempest - but I am just going to shove this in here: Wavelength = 9 charges .
    Just saying - make it more than mashing one button every minute hehe.
    Last edited by Solaxys; 02-20-2014 at 02:39 PM.

Dat Riftblade.
    what is this I don't even

Plane Walker

Void Knight:

New Ability: Impunity - Intercept 50% of the damage that an ally receives for 6s. This is a 32 point root ability.

Really don't see the point of this to be honest unless it a two tank fight and the other tank is about to take big spiky damage and you try and save them or something? And usually with a tank swap mechanic, the tank not tanking is likely debuffed and should be trying to minimise the damage they take while they wait for the debuff to drop. As for when you're actually tanking, you really don't want to be taking any more damage than necessary.

Any update on AE ranged threat changes? What's the CD on that intercept threat ability on paladin?
    Last edited by Sorano; 02-20-2014 at 02:46 PM.
    Oceanic raiding, robot style.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PCdbUbNFLLQ

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 69 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 13 53 ... LastLast