+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 60
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: Warriors pre-60 need to be tuned down in dps

  1. #1
    Plane Touched
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    289

    Default Warriors pre-60 need to be tuned down in dps

    So last 5-6 months I was purely playing on my warrior leveling him up in WFs. Using the WF/Para build in 9 out of 10 games I was topping the damage and kb's feeling a wee bit OP but considering full pvp gear, stacked up properly essences, using the whetstones it was OKish as I wasn't that far ahead of other players in WFs.
    The recent changes to the warrior souls though kind of went far over the edge. Especially the tempest soul. I've played pyro mage prior to warrior and very rarely was able to one shot people. Now in 50-59 bracket as tempest I usually am able to rack up DOUBLE the amount of damage than anyone else except for rare cases of same tempest warriors as myself and even more rare cases of priests that DoT everything on sight. It's really feeling silly that people are dying like a flies unable to do anything at all most of the time.

    Trion I don't know about you but this state of the game to me seem like horribly broken. It takes away a lot of fun in PVP for me and even more for players how die after I press same button 4-5 times in a row.

    P.S. Not talking about 60s as I didn't play much in 60s and not planning to.

  2. #2
    Ascendant ecru's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    3,741

    Default

    yeah it's broken. trion doesn't really care, because if they did, it would have been fixed a long time ago. i recently leveled a cleric and after a handul of warfronts in the 50-54 and 55-59 brackets, i simply gave up on healing because too many people were being one shot and i was just unable to heal them. as a healer in those brackets you have to accept being killed in one second or simply accept that a mediocre temp will kill one or two people no matter what, and there isn't anything you can do about it.

    this is very, very bad for player retention, especially players who are interested in pvp, and i wouldn't be surprised if people simply outright quit before they hit 60 because of how ridiculous warriors are in low bracket warfronts.

    trion honestly needs to wake up and fix this asap before more people drop the game because of this garbage. there is absolutely no reason for players to be bursting nearly 20k in a 1-2 seconds when most players have around 13-15k hp in those brackets.
    Last edited by ecru; 01-20-2014 at 04:38 AM.
    starplatinum@greybriar
    bluebarbie@greybriar
    twitch
    youtubes

  3. #3
    Soulwalker
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    2

    Default

    Typical MMO Response: The game isn't balanced for 1-59..


    However my experience wasn't as similar as yours with healing, I found leveling my cleric that whatever team I joined generally won as a healer. Sure some people I couldn't keep alive but that's the nature of PVP - they get focused etc etc..

    On my mage I ripped people apart as pyro, hell even as my cleric I could destroy people as inquistor.. I don't really feel like warrior is that much further ahead - sure the tempest burst arc double pulse burst is a little cheesy..

    My warrior I can destroy people as well, but I would die pretty quick too sometimes.. So idk overall my experience leveling a few toons up in pvp was everyone explodes, just need enough healers.

  4. #4
    Ascendant
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    3,131

    Default

    Get better gear/ fight people with better gear.

    There are GIANT gear gaps all over the place that can skew any kind of pvp until 60. At which point the gear gaps are far more predictable, and can be semi balanced around.

    The things that can be done with a low level when you have a 60s resources is Stupid

    There's also PA that comes into play, suddenly you go from no PA at 49, to 1000 point opponents at 51 that just got around to leveling an alt.

  5. #5
    Plane Touched
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    289

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mular View Post
    Typical MMO Response: The game isn't balanced for 1-59..


    However my experience wasn't as similar as yours with healing, I found leveling my cleric that whatever team I joined generally won as a healer. Sure some people I couldn't keep alive but that's the nature of PVP - they get focused etc etc..

    On my mage I ripped people apart as pyro, hell even as my cleric I could destroy people as inquistor.. I don't really feel like warrior is that much further ahead - sure the tempest burst arc double pulse burst is a little cheesy..

    My warrior I can destroy people as well, but I would die pretty quick too sometimes.. So idk overall my experience leveling a few toons up in pvp was everyone explodes, just need enough healers.
    Well, of course game isn't supposed to be perfectly balanced in pre 60 but considering that leveling in WFs play a large role it should be somewhat balanced and it actually was. I've played all classes to 55-59 bracket and until the recent changes I was doing equally good on every one of them. Every class had a soul combination that was somewhat OP but it never was OP to the point when other players don't even have a chance to fight back...

  6. #6
    Plane Touched
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    289

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Repster View Post
    Get better gear/ fight people with better gear.

    There are GIANT gear gaps all over the place that can skew any kind of pvp until 60. At which point the gear gaps are far more predictable, and can be semi balanced around.

    The things that can be done with a low level when you have a 60s resources is Stupid

    There's also PA that comes into play, suddenly you go from no PA at 49, to 1000 point opponents at 51 that just got around to leveling an alt.
    I agree about the gear playing a large role but let's face it getting into decent gear pre 60 is very easy thing to do not to mention that game balances the stats somewhat. In 60 the gear gaps are WAY worse due to amount of valor, resist and armor. Basically until R70 any class is just a cannon fodder.

  7. #7
    Ascendant
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    3,131

    Default

    There is little to no valor gap at 60.

  8. #8
    Ascendant Galibier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    10,460

    Default

    Trions PvP balance has always been a train wreck especially in pre end game. If they can't balance it when people are max level, rank and max geared how are they supposed to balance it when level, rank and gear is in contact flux?

  9. #9
    Rift Disciple
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    147

    Default

    There is no such thing as 1-59 PvP balance as long as ppl go to PvP in full PvE gear.
    ANY properly PvP geared calling will rip ANY not geared calling apart.
    I recently leveled a warrior for fun in low level PvP = top damage/top kb in 6/10 wfs.
    I now level a rogue for fun in PvP = top damage/top kb in 6/10 wfs.

    It is so easy to win over classes if you KNOW them and if yo are fully PvP geared.
    There is no such thing as OP tempest warriors. I kill them as NB. Easily. Honestly.
    Bloodiron EU PvP
    Defiant Warrior R82, Cleric R78, Rogue R71, Mage R58, Guardian Rogue L57 R55
    There are enough PvE achievements in other signatures - serve yourself there

  10. #10
    Rift Disciple Yinz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    110

    Default

    I'm in the EU shards rogue lv60 warrior lv60 cleric lv60 pvp for me is broken rank 60's vs rank 80's lol face roll each time. Trion said they don't have enough players wanting to pvp who are rank 50 to 69 this is prime time EU btw on a Saturday lol trion lies. So we are put in with Mym geared players how nice. So glad I had a lv55 mage, pvp is balanced for me pre 60 apart from tempagons. Everyone has the same gear ish it's actually fun, lv60 no. Paragon/WL do sick dmg pre 60 but most noobs do tempagon. I use elemantalist did 950k dmg in kr and top kb's love my spec and macros. lv57 atm wont use any more exp vials it's fun pre 60.

  11. #11
    Plane Touched
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    289

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Repster View Post
    There is little to no valor gap at 60.
    Lets rephrase there is a huge gap in damage output and a huge gap in defenses.

  12. #12
    Plane Touched
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    289

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Yinz View Post
    I'm in the EU shards rogue lv60 warrior lv60 cleric lv60 pvp for me is broken rank 60's vs rank 80's lol face roll each time. Trion said they don't have enough players wanting to pvp who are rank 50 to 69 this is prime time EU btw on a Saturday lol trion lies. So we are put in with Mym geared players how nice. So glad I had a lv55 mage, pvp is balanced for me pre 60 apart from tempagons. Everyone has the same gear ish it's actually fun, lv60 no. Paragon/WL do sick dmg pre 60 but most noobs do tempagon. I use elemantalist did 950k dmg in kr and top kb's love my spec and macros. lv57 atm wont use any more exp vials it's fun pre 60.
    You are exactly right. If anyone want to have fun in pvp he should just play pre 60 only.

    Last time on tempest I went out of KR with 2.1 mil dmg done and 112 kbs. Twice as much as next player after myself... That was amusing somewhat but smelt of cheese waaay too much for my likings :/

  13. #13
    Plane Touched
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    289

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Feimerdre View Post
    There is no such thing as 1-59 PvP balance as long as ppl go to PvP in full PvE gear.
    ANY properly PvP geared calling will rip ANY not geared calling apart.
    I recently leveled a warrior for fun in low level PvP = top damage/top kb in 6/10 wfs.
    I now level a rogue for fun in PvP = top damage/top kb in 6/10 wfs.

    It is so easy to win over classes if you KNOW them and if yo are fully PvP geared.
    There is no such thing as OP tempest warriors. I kill them as NB. Easily. Honestly.
    You are wrong. In pre 60 pvp gear and blue/epic pve gear are equal except for 50-54 when you get 100 vengeance and 100 AP boost from 4 pieces. I leveled a Mage with zero pvp gear I was almost always topping the charts in damage and kbs.
    "there is no such thing as OP warriors" haha just wait until you start meeting tempests in proper gear on enemy side.

  14. #14
    Rift Disciple
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    147

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ray Crios View Post
    You are wrong. In pre 60 pvp gear and blue/epic pve gear are equal except for 50-54 when you get 100 vengeance and 100 AP boost from 4 pieces. I leveled a Mage with zero pvp gear I was almost always topping the charts in damage and kbs.
    "there is no such thing as OP warriors" haha just wait until you start meeting tempests in proper gear on enemy side.
    Pre 60 PvP gear and PvE gear are absolutely NOT equal. At least in <50 PvP, maybe this
    changes in the 50-59 bracket.
    And: I am one of those Tempests. If noone takes care of me I win warfronts alone.
    If someone takes care of me,... well. Tempest are pretty much like Healers: mark them, take
    them out quick. Either have a Domi handle them or let a Nightblade rip him apart.
    As long as I play vs clueless PvE hunnees that play PvP while they queued for the next
    dungeon I have a lot of fun indeed....
    Bloodiron EU PvP
    Defiant Warrior R82, Cleric R78, Rogue R71, Mage R58, Guardian Rogue L57 R55
    There are enough PvE achievements in other signatures - serve yourself there

  15. #15
    Rift Chaser
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    307

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Feimerdre View Post
    Pre 60 PvP gear and PvE gear are absolutely NOT equal. At least in <50 PvP, maybe this
    changes in the 50-59 bracket.
    And: I am one of those Tempests. If noone takes care of me I win warfronts alone.
    If someone takes care of me,... well. Tempest are pretty much like Healers: mark them, take
    them out quick. Either have a Domi handle them or let a Nightblade rip him apart.
    As long as I play vs clueless PvE hunnees that play PvP while they queued for the next
    dungeon I have a lot of fun indeed....
    Pretty much. He has said in an different thread he does not grind level 60 pvp and re-rolls. That is all well and good, but as you pointed out he is likely going against opponents who barely know their abilities, let alone how to use them or even use pvp specs. Mind you that is evident even at level 60 and i would imagine even worse pre-60.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts