+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Warrior Presets

1.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #1
    Rift Team

Default Warrior Presets

Kervik posted this on the Mage and Cleric forums so I'm posting the same here.

As many of you know, we’re adding some new talent presets to the game. We have several of them that were determined by the contest we ran, and those will be showing up in the game in the near future. However, as several people have pointed out, the new presets don’t quite cover all of the bases. In most cases missing builds are fairly common ones, but there may be some others that just weren’t entered into the contest.

Here’s a quick list of the winning presets from the contest for Warrior:
    1. Misc: Dendrome Defender - Warbad
    2. DPS: Warslinger - Warbad
    3. Tank: Void Knight - RoughRaptors
    4. Support: The Beastlord - YobiRaion
    5. Tank: Reaver - RoughRaptors
    6. DPS: Lord of War - Rorsch
    7. DPS: Riftblade - DPS

You can also take a look at the other entries to the contest here

What I’m looking for at this point are the important Warrior builds that are not currently part of the preset list (including the contest winners). Suggestions can include builds that were part of the contest, but did not win. It can also include updates to existing presets that may be close, but not quite there. You can also suggest builds that aren’t in any of these categories that you feel would be a beneficial preset for people to have access to. As a side note, you can also point out any of the existing presets that just shouldn’t be there and we will look at removing them if they’re not used or an ineffectual build.

The end result of all of this will be a few additional presets being created to fill in the gaps so the presets provide good and up-to-date builds for people to use. These suggestions don’t need to follow the contest format and can just link to a build or one of the guides in the forums if a guide exists. We’ll give credit out if an existing guide is used to create the preset.
    Lead Designer - RIFT

Champion of Telara

may I suggest Paralord?
    http://forums.riftgame.com/game-disc...e-updated.html

still one of the strongest warrior melee specs there is. very simple to play (though there are some advanced tricks to push it up a bit more) and solid dps.
    Drakkles - Warrior - Jynxed
    ]

Ascendant

Let's see here, current presets...

Destroyer is... Not terrible. Until you hit 60 then it's kinda lacking.

Pathfinder should probably updated with http://forums.riftgame.com/game-disc...dps-guide.html I see going over 48 deep BM is kinda pointless unless you go all the way.

Defender is crap, and just be replaced with a proper paladin spec, or a heftier warlord paladin.

Slayer is fine.

Warmaster is fine.

Stalker is horrid.

Shock trooper looks bad.

Trailblazer is terrible.

And honestly, considering how much we end up recommending it, might as well make the ol' perfect solo a preset http://forums.riftgame.com/game-disc...arrior-guides/

I think the preset support build should at the very least should bring the unique warrior buff, Enrage.

I've always viewed the presets are more of a leveling tool. Once you hit a certain level, you are going to get out of the presets and spec it to a certain purpose. I don't think that having some end-game presets is bad, but I think there should be a solid leveling build included in the presets, like 41WL/35Champ, which I know someone submitted.

Rift Disciple

I'd like to suggest my Master of Beasts build: Beastmaster / Paragon / Tempest (Could change to Riftblade for another non-Tempest build)

http://forums.riftgame.com/game-disc...er-beasts.html

http://www.beautiful-insanity.com/vi...&t=22&p=27#p27

It's a build I consistently use for Enrage, provides "oh crap" health cooldowns, and it provides excellent DPS too.

Rorsch@Greybriar

Guild Leader of Beautiful Insanity on the Greybriar Shard. 1300+ members strong, come join us.

Shadowlander

I submitted the "Combatant" 41wl/35ch preset for leveling 1-60, sans tempest.

http://forums.riftgame.com/game-disc...n-warlord.html

I didn't really campaign for votes or anything, so it probably slipped past, but it's gotten several thousand views over in the warrior guides section since I posted it 5 or 6 weeks ago.

I know the winner of the contest is also a leveling spec. I haven't personally tried it out, but in the guide he mentions it doesn't work very well until you have cornered beast, which is in the early-to-mid 30s at the earliest.

RIFT Guide Writer

I'd suggest one, or both 61 para builds. Giving new warriors information on the highest st build in the game would be beneficial to them.

Quote Originally Posted by jopok View Post
    I'd suggest one, or both 61 para builds. Giving new warriors information on the highest st build in the game would be beneficial to them.
    I agree with this. I am glad we got viable tank builds in there too that might help some of the guildless or people more focused on pvp have some good specs on hand for when they queue up tank for their random!

Thanks for the post vladd!

One other note: are presets going to be able to be changed in the future? I know we are waiting for 2.6 for any of these to hit shelves and who knows how long they will remain the same specs they are now. If the community could submit corrections to the presets that would continue to help new players in the future.
    Last edited by Warbad; 01-15-2014 at 03:41 PM.

RIFT Guide Writer

In all honesty, and this isn't really a knock on Warbad but more of a commentary of specs that are generally accepted and are used in end game, but the first two specs are not optimal. 41wl 35champ is better for leveling and end game solo farming. 48temp 28x is not one of the hybrids currently being used by end game raiders.

I'd suggest adding 61 para builds, 61 champ, 41wl 35champ to cover leveling, maybe pally, and 61 tempest. I can't believe I just said tempest.

I'd also suggest not incorporating any builds submitted by rough, as we shouldn't feed his already massive ego.

jkroughilynotreally

I'd suggest adding 61 para builds, 61 champ, 41wl 35champ to cover leveling, maybe pally, and 61 tempest. I can't believe I just said tempest.
    Agreed with all of those. Here is a good basis for a 41/35 wl/champ build that has been posted more recently: http://forums.riftgame.com/game-disc...n-warlord.html

I'd also suggest not incorporating any builds submitted by rough, as we shouldn't feed his already massive ego.
    Made me Lol

I made slinger just as a hybrid with sustained ranged dps, sadly the flurry bug doesn't allow it to work even at 25m range and thats its big weakness. I stand by the build as a viable hybrid when compared with other hybrids used at range (not melee hybrids) for medium range but truely the only fight I run it on currently is Kyzan cause I like to keep my distance and I mess up my rotation too much in 61temp on this fight to benefit from the burst CDs. People like the hybrids because they are easier to play and they can go parse them with plenty of energy so they think they are doing better, probably the reasoning for upvoting, but 61temp will beat any of the ranged hybrids especially on fights with damage buffs.

I dislike tempest to say it politely, I melee everything I can when I am not tanking.

Solo spec was more of a dendrom hive clearing spec than a leveling spec, it works to level but was build for pulling entire rooms of the hive and slaughtering every mob with minimal risk and it does just that higher survival and equal dps to the wl/champ at 60 with the ability to tank and hold threat in the same spec for small groups or tanking 5 mans, like an AoE version of warladin. It is significantly less ST damage compared to warladin so I have both of course

As I stated before I also agree that we should have at least one of each end game spec, 61 para pick a variety, 61 champ and I would say 61temp if I didn't think new players would be turned off by the soul all together >< oh ok 61temp! (I would have much prefered to just get my ranged para "paths" back over a whole soul)

There's a problem with the player made presets who provided a guide that are on PTS.
    For both warrior and rogue, right under "How to Play" there's a address for the guide the preset should be linked to.

That shouldn't be there.

There should be a Button next to Select & Close, saying Guide and clicking that should take you to the linked guide; just as it is for clerics and mages.
    Last edited by Burninalways; 02-03-2014 at 06:34 PM.

When creating a Warrior the Righteous Defender preset cause the model of the character to stand still with its arm at a fixed position.
    Only after you swap to another preset and that model does the full reaction, then swapping back to Righteous Defender does the model become relaxed (more natural).

When creating a Rogue the Skirmisher preset model doesn't react to the change, and copies weapon load out of a previous picked preset.
    Last edited by Burninalways; 02-04-2014 at 04:11 PM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast